Rate my Suicide-Bombing team

This is my very first thread on Smogon, so please bear with me.

Here is my suicide-bombing team. It pretty much relies on random pokemon to explode and wear down the opponent, then for Metagross to late-game sweep.

Bronzong@Leftovers
[Levitate] Brave (+Atk/-Spe)
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
~Trick Room
~Gyro Ball
~Earthquake
~Explosion

Pretty much your classic Trick Room 'Zong; Trick Room is used to outspeed everything to become a nice and bulky sweeper, Gyro Ball is the main attack, since it's power is increased by STAB, and EQ is there to hit Fire and Water types. When Trick Room is on it's last turn, or when Bronzong is low on health, he'll go out with a boom, killing almost anything it doesn't resist.

Lickilicky@Life Orb
[Own Tempo] Brave (+Atk/-Spe)
116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 SpA
~Shadow Ball
~Fire Blast/Flamethrower
~Earthquake
~Explosion

My wall/threat crippler. Shadow Ball is for Ghost types, Fire Blast/Flamethrower is for Steel-types, depending on whether I choose to go with more power or more accuracy. EQ is for Fire, Rock, Steel and Electric types, or just to hit Special-based walls. STAB Explosion is to pretty much destroy everything the other 3 moves can't kill.

Tyranitar@Choice Scarf
[Sand Stream] Jolly (+Spe/-SpA)
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Crunch
~Stone Edge/Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Pursuit

My Infernape/Ghost counter. Plain and simple. Either trap Ghost pokemon with Pursuit, hit 'Nape with EQ, or attack with STAB'd Crunch or Rock Slide/Stone Edge. This T-Tar can also be used to sweep late-game, but for now I'll leave that to Metagross.

Snorlax@Leftovers
[Thick Fat] Brave (+Atk/-Spe)
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
~Curse
~Crunch
~Body Slam
~Selfdestruct

A classic Curselax. Curse is to bring up Defense and Attack to make it even stronger and bulkier than before, Crunch is to deal with those pesky Ghost types that love to switch into Explosion and EQ. Body Slam deals massive damage, and occasionally paralyzes some potential threats. STAB Selfdestruct is to take out anything Snorlax sees as a threat.

Magnezone@Life Orb
[Magnet Pull] Naive (+Spe/-SpD)
40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
~Magnet Rise
~Thunderbolt
~HP Fire
~Explosion

My steel killer. HP Fire for that SoB, Scizor, who somehow always finds a way to counter all my teams, Magnet Rise to avoid being OHKO'd by an Earthquake, Thunderbolt to deal high amounts of damage towards physically-based bulkness, and Explosion to finish things off. Pretty standard.

Metagross@Life Orb
[Clear Body] Adamant/Jolly (+Atk or +Spe/-SpA)
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash
~Earthquake
~Ice Punch
~Explosion

Just another exploder, since ScarfTar kind of does late-game (and mid-game) sweeping a little better. BP is for priority, but MM is for power. EQ is for the Fire types that love to switch in on a Steel attack, and Ice Punch is for those godforsaken Dragons. Explosion is for when Metagross has finished his work, and he can safely commit suicide, taking almost anything down with him.

This is my Suicide-Bombing team. :)
Please give suggestions/improvements, and point out the weaknesses/counters. I know Heatran used to be a counter, but I think I took care of it by adding a Snorlax.

Any comments?

Ok. You see shiftry cannot simply be of any use. It is out run and OHKOed easily. Also unslash to extra moves. You should have what you use..

Ok. You see shiftry cannot simply be of any us. It is out run and OHKOed easily. Also unslash to extra moves. You should have what you use..
What about Sucker Punch? And I'm not planning on sending out Shiftry on anything fast, unless it's a Gengar or an Alakazam. Besides, 80 Speed isn't that slow.

Shiftry isn't goning to be outrunning much. You can't even revenge anything unless it's Gengar or Rotom-A.

Shiftry isn't goning to be outrunning much. You can't even revenge anything unless it's Gengar or Rotom-A.
Shiftry has a certain role on my team, as does everyone else. What I'm looking for are weaknesses/counters to my team, and possible suggestions to fix them. If I wanted to revenge something, I'd put a Dugtrio on this team. This team is just to annoy opponents, so I don't need any ridiculously overpowered OU's in here, apart from Metagross. Besides, the Sand Stream won't really benefit my team.

ok then your team is very Mixape weak

Close COmbat for Lickilicky and
Snorlax
Earthquake for metagross and Magnezone
fire blast for Bronzong Shiftry

ok then your team is very Mixape weak

Thanks for mentioning that! :O
But don't you think TTar is kind of Mixape weak as well? Can you think of any other replacements (preferable ones that can blow up)? All I can think of is Muk, and he can't stop a Nape for more than 2 turns. I dislike using legendaries, btw.

Close COmbat for Lickilicky and
Snorlax
Earthquake for metagross and Magnezone
fire blast for Bronzong Shiftry
You're right, he need a jolly choice banded dugtrio to take out fire types. I doubt someone will have more tahn 1 fire type on a team

What about a Careful 252/252 SpD duel-screen, WoW-supporting Solrock?

But then your team gets screwed by Rotom and to an extent Gengar, so you have a bit of a dilemma on your hands.
True. :\
I guess I can do a little re-arranging and repost this later.

You know what? I think I'm going to use Metagross as just another exploder, then use ScarfTar to clean up the aftermath.

Running Impish 252 /252 Def Tentacruel can deal with Mixape easily.
You don't need that much Def investment for a Tentacruel to take on an Infernape, the standard Toxic Spiker EV spread handles Infernape really well and has a good mix of defensive bulk. You may not need T-Spikes, obviously, but you can throw other moves on there.

In terms of the Tyranitar/Shiftry debate, you should keep one Pokemon on your team who can stay in, take hits and sweep up the pieces of the enemy's shattered team. If Tyranitar is forced into that role, so be it. It does a good job when the counters have been exploded to death.

If you have 6 exploders, and they all explode, you lose. You need one sweeper who can deal with whoever survived all of the explosions, and in OU Shiftry is NOT that guy. Try a MixApe or ScarfTar, possibly even a DD Gyarados. If you set him up right then he should be able to smash through the rest of the team. Also CB or SD Scizor is an option

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)