Forretress @red card
EV's 252hp/252spd/4def
Ability: Sturdy
Nature:Impish
stealth rock
spikes
rapid spin
counter

This is my lead and probably the best one imo I set up rocks first and the go on to set up spikes. I use red card for special sweepers who try to set up and such and now it may seem weird to have counter but it has actually gotten me free kills like physical attackers dragon dancing thinking they will sweep my team only to use counter and drag them out and get a kill on one of their pokemon. Nothing else to say here also my physical wall and rapid spinner.

Ninetales @leftovers
Ability: drought
EV's 136hp/252spA/120spe
Nature: Modest
Sunny day
Solarbeam
Fire blast
hp ground

This is the pokemon that sets up the sun of course also use solarbeam to take out stuff like swampert, terrakion switching in etc, also sunny day when I predict drizzle politoed switching in. Fire blast to deal alot of damage and hp ground to deal with other fire types specially heatran. So yeah not much else to say here.

Jellicent @leftovers
Ability: Water absorb
EV's: 252hp/252def/4spd
Nature: Bold
Will-O-Wisp
recover
Scald
taunt

This pokemon is a great staller will o wisp cripples sweepers like dragonite, salamence, lucario, jirachi, metagross, etc. also my go to pokemon for rapid spin block and water attacks taunt shuts down baton passers, blissey, etc. Scald is there to deal damage and recover to keep jellicent healthy.

Breloom @Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EV's 12 HP/244 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: jolly
Spore
Substitute
Focus Punch
Seed Bomb

This pokemon easily deals with one of the things my team has trouble with tyranitar and politoed he can just put them to sleep sub and kill them also deals with rotom wash and a jolly nature to get as much speed as possible. Really good pokemon which can be hard to take down and focus punch deals a lot of damage to even flying types.

Salamence @Yache berry
Ability: Moxie
EV's 252Atk/252Spe/4hp
Nature: Jolly
Dragon dance
Dragon claw
Fire blast
Earthquake

This is another one of my sweepers I usually send this in mid game or when ever I feel it's a good time to send him in and set up dragon dance, yache berry allows it to take an ice beam from something like starmie and then go on to sweep getting stronger and stronger everytime it knocks out a pokemon fire blast deals with steel types and earthquake for things like heatran.

Victini @Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory star
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252Atk/4hp/252spe
V-create
Zen headbutt
Fusion bolt
U-turn

And last but not least my revenge killer and hit and run pokemon this works well and revenge kills a lot of pokemon like dragonite is KO'd after rocks by sun boosted V-create. Not much else to say but it comes in handy when I want to quickly eliminate an anoying pokemon and nothing can really take a sun boosted V-create so its basically like a choice specs latios but a physical one with more speed and power.

Thank you for reading and I appreciate people pointing out flaws and change suggestions are also welcomed so I can make this team better.

Hi, nice team which I'll try to rate ;)

First, Latios and Hydreigon are big threats :
Forretress --> Hate HP Fire/Fire Blast or any kind of special moves.
Ninetales --> Can't hit.
Venusaur --> Can't hit.
Jellicent --> Don't care about burn and fears Dark Pulse from Hydreigon.
Victini --> Outsped and fears Dark Pulse from Hydreigon.
Salamence --> Don't care if locked into another move than Outrage, he can only come to revenge kill.

Second, by seing your set of Forretress, it seems that he's here to set up hazards and die. Then you'll not have opportunities to rapid spin and I don't like Counter on Forretress because no way to recover HP (except for lefties which you haven't) and there is way better moves to have like Hazards/Rapid Spin/Gyro Ball/Volt Switch. My suggestion is to replace this set of Forretress by the standard specially defensive set (with leftovers) and let Jellicent burn the physical threats. It'll help against the dragons mentionned earlier.

Surf is cut by half because of Drought, so I suggest to replace Surf by Scald on your Jellicent to have chances to burn and hit Heatran at the same time.

Changes :
Your set of Forretress --> Standard Specially Defensive Forretress
Surf --> Scald

I don't consider myself as a good player, but I hope I helped pointing things. Hope also that my English is understandable ^^'

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wow this team is really good! Only thing I would recommend is not having Earthquake on your Venasuar, seeing as you set it up to be mostly special, and Salamence has Earthquake anyway. I think Sludge Bomb is a good replacement because it is a nice STAB move.

Hope you win many battles!

I don't think you really need Jellicent on this team. Ninetales can easily run WoW since it tends to force switches, and the power of Jelli's Surf is halved in sunlight. A Heatran can fulfill Jellicent's roll as a staller (especially the infamous TormenTran set), and has good synergy with Venusaur, Forretress, and Salamence. It's particularly handy for walling the dragons mentioned by GodotFr: it can even take Specs-boosted Surfs from Latios (sun and heavy SpD EV investment required). Best of all, it gives your team an invaluable Fire-type immunity with Flash Fire, as even resisted Fire Blasts and Flare Blitzes will otherwise hurt in the sun.

@GodotFr yeah I replaced surf with scald because sometimes things like gyarados can taunt me and scald has a good 30% chance of burn and I will also change the evs on forretress since you have a good point.

@Gary2346 I decided to replace venusaur with breloom because I kinda had difficulty taking down tyranitar and hippowdown and it can also easily deal with politoed and ever since I replaced venusaur I have won more battles.

@Aberrant17 I use jellicent because its bulky, blocks rapid spin and a reliable recovery move but thanks for the suggestion.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
The Victini needs to be Scarfed so you have a strong revenge killer that almost every team needs. The set is pretty straightforward. You can spam V-Create to your hearts content and Zen Headbutt+Fusion Bolt gives it near perfect coverage. U-Turn helps in preventing Scizor and other Pokemon who like to Pursuit-Trap

Victini @ Choice Scarf Lv. 100 -- Victory Star
Nature: Adamant - EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-U-turn
-Zen Headbutt
-V-create
-Fusion Bolt

~Dr Ciel

Sayonara

don't forget
Hey Spyro. Nice team.

First off, I notice a weakness to Specs Latios. It can come in and use Draco Meteor, which will either kill one of your teammates, or inflict a great amount of damage. Even Forretress can safely switch in, as a Specs Draco Meteor does over 65%, if I recall. To fix this problem, I'd recommend a Wish Blissey instead of Jellicent (see set below of this post). Wish Blissey lets you take any Special-type hit, and it lets you beat most Latios. It will also provide Wish Support for your team, which helps Victini sweep, since taking Stealth Rock damage shortens its sweep. Wish is also a solid form of recovery for Blissey. Protect lets it scout, and lets it recover a lot of HP thanks to Wish, as well as rack up Toxic damage inflicted to your opponent. Seismic Toss lets you break opposing Substitutes and deal a fair amount of damage. For more minor changes, you should try Leftovers over Red Card on Forretress, and replace Counter with Volt Switch. Leftovers provides a more reliable way of getting HP back, and Red Card isn't too useful of an item. Volt Switch lets you escape Magnezone, which prevents you from being set-up bait. If you don't use Volt Switch, Magnezone can come in, trap you, and boost itself up with Charge Beam and set up a Substitute, and then start a sweep. Counter is not too reliable. For Salamence, you'll want a Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD), since Jolly lowers Special Attack, and you're using Fire Blast. It weakens your Fire Blasts for nothing. Finally, your Breloom should have an EV spread of 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe, so you can maximize Poison Heal recovery, and get more health back each turn. Nice team, and good luck!

Blissey @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Bold Nature |
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Wish | Protect | Seismic Toss | Toxic

Summary of Changes:

Jellicent ---> Blissey
Red Card on Forretress ---> Leftovers
Counter on Forretress ---> Volt Switch
Jolly Nature for Salamence ---> Naive Nature
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe for Breloom --->
12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe

Jellicent on a Sunny Day seems a little counter-intuitive to me. Water attacks are weakened in the sun. Chandelure isn't as bulky a pokemon but it might serve your purposes for spin blocking while also receiving direct benefit from the sun. I like your team for the most part.

I also see that you're only counter to dragon types is Salamence. His choice scarf may be handy for outspeeding other dragons but he'll only be able to come in as a revenge killer probably. If you face a dragon dancing set, you may be outspeed. (not completely sure on that one). You may want to think of investing in an ice move. Perhaps a Weavile? Dark and Ice might suit your team fairly well. Not entirely sure on that idea though.

@Dr Ciel thanks I changed victini into a choice scarf set to revenge kill and as a hit and run pokemon and it has worked so well so thank you for that. But I didn't want to have 2 choice scarf pokemon so I changed salamence into a dragon dance set and that has worked really well for my team also and I barely lose now.

@Expert psychics I don't really have that much trouble with specs latios their actually really common, most of the time I just switch into forretress first then jellicent and recover and Will O Wisp latios or the next pokemon he switches in. I try to keep forretress alive as much as possible so when i can't take a hit on one of my useful pokemon I can let him die and then revenge kill with Victini. Since I changed victini's set to a scarf set I won't really need blissey anymore and thanks about the breloom ev's I didn't know about that. without the red card it is pretty possible that I will get swept if someone sets up while im putting entry hazards so I think red card is the way to go.

@branhoff Jellicent is not really mean't to deal damage just spread status and stall with recover which chandelure can't do since he can't take many hits.

I changed salamence back to scarfmence and victini back to trick room sweeper since I started having problems with bulky dragon dance dragonite and Scarf Victini didn't pack enough power to revenge kill it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)