National Dex Rate My Team [AG]

So, just recently (about an hour ago) I made a team on Pokemon Showdown just as a troll, since most of the pokemon in this team are involved with one another somehow from what I had recently read. To my surprise, I went 4-0 back to back with the team while barely losing more than 3 of Pokes per battle. So, I decided I might as well get some suggestions on the team & feedback lol.

Eternatus - I had recently read that Eternatus was one of the "giants" that Arceus defeated in ancient times, so I decided to throw him in here. After doing research on him (through Smogon), I used this smogon moveset on him for setting up, mainly because he has respectable defense and health stats, and the recover can clutch up when it needs to.

Arceus - Arceus was the mian focus honestly, as the Smogon analysis says, the Extreme Speed is deadly after a Sword Dance, though I usually don't pull this guy out until I have three gone already, and he comes in to take out everything else (or I bring him out ASAP if against a Defensive team), though I am actively looking for any specific type Arceus to use.

Palkia - This was the MOST surprising to me. Palkia is my go-to opener, because the Water Pulse & Fire Blast have been doing wonders for me with other teams I have made before in the past, and Palkia can REALLY take a hit, even from super-effective moves, stacking that ontop of Leftovers has really had him get rid of at least two pokemon start game for me in all four games.

Dialga - There is not really to much for Dialga, he's just a good 2nd set up after Toxic Spikes with Eternatus, and he really punishes defensive teams. Not to mention, the Draco Meteor is uexpected because I usually start with Stealth Rock on him and don't use Draco Meteor (because normally he either dies, or I realize the opp team is still being defensive and I switch to Arceus to go for the kill).

Girantina-Origin - Girantina is just because he's in the creation trio in all honesty, however he helped in my third battle because Shadow Ball was really devistating this all-Normal defense team I was against.

Necrozma Ultra - This speaks for itself, he's a hard hitter; and despite his low HP-gain from the EV, he can tank ALOT of moves from Pokemon that are still alive by the time I bring him out, he's usually my late-game sweeper as suggested by the Smogon analysis, I start with a Sword Dance & from there it's death. Stone Edge has clutched for me ALOT as well, usually I only stone edge before I do a Sword Dance if need-be. Overall he's a good last resort team destroyer.

Eternatus @ Shed Shell
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Palkia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast

Dialga @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 28 HP / 220 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Feel free to give any feedback / suggestions / criticism to the team/movesets. Thanks & enjoy!

I am new to this kind of thing but I think geo-xerneas in smogon is good for sweeping.
Here is mine if you want
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Geomancy+ Power herb gives xerneas a really good boost for spamming moonblast and using Focus blast on resistant pokemon. Psyshock gets rid of many walls but it has not been very helpful for me.

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi there! Sorry it took so long for me to get to this rmt, I’ve had a lot on my plate. By and large, your team is fairly suboptimal, combining a couple of standard sets together with some very non-standard ones in a pretty non-coherent way that lacks answers to many major threats. There are, however, some decent starting points, with offensive Ultra Necrozma + Ekiller Arceus forming a decent offensive core, or Eternatus + Dusk Mane forming a decent balance backbone. I had a hard time deciding what direction to take this team, but I ultimately decided that a hyper offense would be the way to go, considering your set choices, which seem to be geared towards offense. To that end, I‘ve had to make some fairly substantial changes in order to make your team viable. Without further ado, let’s get to the changes.

Major Changes
:ss/dialga: —> :ss/smeargle:
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Nuzzle
- Rapid Spin
- Sticky Web
- Taunt

Dialga is, quite frankly, unviable in natdex AG. Your team does need a suicide lead, so I feel that Sticky Web Smeargle is probably a pretty good replacement for it, setting up Sticky Web while deterring Defog, denying opposing hazards, and potentially crippling opposing Pokemon with Nuzzle.

:ss/Palkia: —>:ss/yveltal:
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave

In all honesty, Palkia is also completely unviable. There’s no reason to use it on any team in Natdex AG, so I feel that a Taunt Yveltal would be a better use of this team slot. It provides invaluable Taunt support, helping you to keep sticky Webs down, while also beating Calyrex-S with Sucker Punch, and offensively Dynamaxing to shred teams with Max Airstream and Max Flare.

:ss/giratina-origin: —> :ss/rayquaza-mega:
Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-Create

I swear I’m done saying this now, but Giratina-Origin is completely unviable in Natdex AG. As such, I felt that a good replacement would be another offensive Dragon, namely Mega Rayquaza. Mega Rayquaza is an insanely threatening Dragon Dance Sweeper, that can punch massive holes in teams after only a single setup turn, and severely pressures all common defoggers, making it a great choice on any offensive team.

Minor Changes
:ss/eternatus:
Eternatus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dynamax Cannon
- Recover
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Not too much to say here, just that an offensive Eternatus fits better on offensive teams than a defensive one, and can keep up the pressure to thwart Defog attempts.

:ss/necrozma-ultra:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Your current Ultra Necro set is actually a USUM Ubers set, which is pretty suboptimal in the Natdex AG metagame. Notably, it doesn’t take advantage of the major addition to Necrozma’s movepool in Gen 8: Dragon Dance. Armed with this setup move, Necrozma-Ultra can run Adamant, enabling more firepower pre-boosts, while also beating Zacian-C, which your current set can’t do.

Hopefully this helps you in your future AG explorations!
Click on the sprites for an importable!
:smeargle::eternatus::rayquaza-mega::necrozma-dusk-mane::yveltal::arceus:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)