Rate My Team - The Evolution of a Beast

Introduction:
I have made this team around the idea of a Mix Sweeper. This is not your ordinary mixed sweeper but a MixTar. MixTar is guaranteed a kill per match. Jabba and I created this "beast," and it has worked out well so far. When we created this team (Jabba helped me refurbish it) we didn't focus on setting up MixTar, but using him more like Infernape (hopefully you all know of this Sweeper). MixTar is part of the "arsenal" which are the sweepers for mostly late-game (I try to bring in MixTar early game since late-game is usually covered.) The other two units of the Arsenal are Lucario and Garchomp. Lucario is a SDLuke and we all know how bad and powerful this thing is. Garchomp on the other hand, is my supreme late-game sweeper (usually my last pokemon). Garchomp is scarfed and I haven't faced Deoxys-S yet (hopefully I won't have too). The Frontline is the defensive core. This defensive core consists of Machamp, Celabi, and Zapdos and sometimes have problems with specific threats. I won't go in-depth with the Frontline since the name and the fact they are my defensive core explain a lot already.

The Militia:

The Frontline:

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 188 HP/98 Atk/216 Def/8 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dynamicpunch
- Stone Edge

Machamp is my lead and physical wall. He also destroys my huge Tyranitar weak which dominated this team before Machamp made it's appearance. He counters Luke most of the times but if it has a SD or two under it's belt I usually just revenge kill it. This can be replaced but I would be happy if we could just change him around.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/36 Spd/220 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Light Screen

This is my special wall and it does a hell of a good job at being one. This can handle mostly all special attackers (except Gengar because of Hypnosis). It helps out but I think there may be a better option than Zapdos for a special wall that can do something (a.k.a. don't say Blissey > Zapdos). It also counters Deoxys-S

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/16 Spd/26 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Now here you have my full physical wall. It sets up Stealth Rocks, and is my full-fledged Garchomp counter. This works well with Machamp and Zapdos, and is my generic physical wall.

The Arsenal

Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 Atk/252 Spd/176 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Now this is what I call a wall breaker. Flamethrower OHKOs Forrey and nearly OHKOs Skarmory. Ice Beam is a OHKO on Gliscor, and Crunch is amazing because of the defense drop. I will not change the EV spread unless it keeps the speed investment the same.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
Iron Man! No seriously if you have seen that movie you know this is exactly what Iron Man would be in Pokemon form. Like Iron Man, this is unstoppable and after 2 SDs it eliminates everything except Gliscor, Gyarados, and Salamence.

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

This is the all-mighty ScarfChomp, and what a supreme late-game sweeper this is. I could replace this for Deoxys-S but I want a professional opinion. There is not much to explain about this guy. My Revenge Killer, by the way.

Threat List:

- Blatantly rips through my team and my only option is to revenge kill with Garchomp. This is not a reliable method because of the possibility of Fire Blast missing and he having another way to absorb this or having a counter for Garchomp.

- Same deal as Heracross, except it is even more threatening because of Extreme Speed which means it can OHKO every single one of my pokemon if set-up right.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
To fix the gengar problem on zapdos, I prefer using sleep talk over light screen. It works remarkably well.

You know HP Flying can work over HP Ice on Zapdos if you're scared of Heracross, especially since you already have plenty of Dragon slayers(Celebi,Chomp, T-Tar). As for Luke, maybe Hippowdon over Machamp, just watch for Specs versions.

what about using a togekiss instead of zapdos for the special wall role? it opens up a few more options, but can do everything zapdos can (minus thunderbolt, plus aura sphere, shadow ball, etc). he's also a help against heracross and lucario, not that you'd want to switch in, but can fare decently with some prediction.

Sorry about what Justin did. Anyways, if you're so scared of Lucario and Heracross, why can't you make your Zapdos more defensive?

Edit: Or you can do what you wanted to do, put Gyarados over Machamp. :P

Anyways, if you're so scared of Lucario and Heracross, why can't you make your Zapdos more defensive?
Exactly, and with HP Flying, Zapdos can actually kill Hera before Stone Edge hits, plus nobody sees it coming.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you expect Stone Edge, you would switch beforehand. There's no reason in replacing Hidden Power [Ice] for the Flying-type counterpart for Heracross when Thunderbolt, on average, deals nearly half of damage to Heracross' total HP count anyway. The Ice-type Hidden Power hits both Garchomp and Salamence respectively, and I'm inclined to believe that it merits further for hitting them two heavily used Pokemon, rather than Heracross.

Just use Bold and 252 EVs in Defense - which deals with Heracross (not using Stone Edge) and Lucario effectively well. Remember, Light Screen and Roost (when in use) will be more than enough for the non-STABed Ice Beam attacks from slower opponents, and the faster ones, Deoxys specifically, is left to deal with alot of correct prediction on your part. I understand that Calm Zapdos can deal with Deoxys-S in an ideal world with all that Special Defense, but Stealth Rock is too common to overlook and with no Rapid Spin coverage, Zapdos' death to a well-predicted Ice Beam from the opposition is invetitably game-over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)