Rate My Team (UU)

I have been plaing the new revamped UU to figure out the ins and outs of specific potential threats in the metagame. I made a team right before the Underused revamp actually occurred. The team was meant to be very unpredictable, and can actually sweep with almost any Pokemon in the team, except maybe for the the lead.

Main Goal - Proceed to sweep the opponent late game while crippling their team during early game.

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Return
---

Clean up sweeper, and an extraordinary one in UU too. It can OHKO or 2HKO the entire metagame. Brave Bird and Return are the regular STABs while U-turn and Close Combat are amazing utilities. I had first decided to use Choice Band, but after a couple of battles it became obsolete, and Choice Scarf helped me a lot more. This is my lead for a variety of reasons described by MoP. U-turn and go to Uxie, and lay SR and help scout early game as well as not take shit from most other leads such as Ambipom and Crobat, than playing mind games about when to lay SR or when not to. Intimidation factor is being applied.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/164 Def/92 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
---

The main point here is to set-up Stealth Rock at any cost, and most things will not be able to kill it in one hit, if this survives early on in the game I then use it to deal with physical attackers, and as a generic wall, it helps against many Pokemon to say the lest. I usually use U-turn a lot, to scout the opposing team, or to bring in a free switch. Staraptor is paired up with Uxie to make sure I can set up Stealth Rock early. This is also ensures I have a barrier around my team as well as being able to act as a generic wall. Yawn is there to scout and hopefully put at least one Pokemon to sleep, then set up Light Screen, and finally U-turn away.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest
---

This is my all around sweeper, and I use it late game if I have to but it works amazingly well in early game too. The Rest ensures this, as from any recoil damage and damage from attacks, I can just click Rest, heal back to 100% and switch to another Pokemon. I will not be sleeping anymore and it doesn't drastically give the opposition an advantage as they will probably use the turn to stat-up. Shaymin is amazing, and though I cherish its relevance in my team, I believe it is one of suspects for BL voting, since Seed Flare + Earth Power + HP Fire provide amazing coverage it is forcing every team that I face to mostly carry Registeel and a Shaymin of there own, though some teams are differentiating and use some of the old UU mindset talked about by RB Golbat, though it has helped them in some places, such as Clefable.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP/164 Def/48 SAtk/44 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic
---

This is my ultimate physical wall. It can take so many attacks that it is astounding. I should explain the awkward moveset. Recently I have been using Toxic a lot lately. It is amazing when you use it with Milotic, it helps against so many walls, and otherwise uncounterable Pokemon that Milotic itself can sweep, and most of the time it does, or sets up another Pokemon's sweep, thanks to just Toxic alone. The EVs are mostly there to easy some of the Special Attacks Milotic takes, and it helps by a fraction and that is mostly all I need. The point of this Milotic is to not die without a fight, and once it does die leave a permanent mark. That being the Toxic. Milotic is amazing.

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 140 Atk/116 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Superpower
- Agility
---

Blaziken, my favorite Pokemon. This helps early game by gaining an Agility and preceding to sweep. The EVs are there to insure that it surpasses and base 100 Speed Pokemon with a Choice Scarf. Hidden Power Grass is being used so that I can have a way of dealing with Lanturn, Quagsire, Blastoise, Dewgong, Walrein, etc. Blaziken helps my team in quite a couple of ways. He is the wall-breaker that I need. It also helps me keep most Hail teams in check in combination with Shaymin, who comes in on a predicted Surf or Waterfall. The moveset is very simple, and it is basically just Agility and proceed to sweep with a variety of moves. Blaziken is really the only Pokemon I should be switching into a Special Wall such as Chansey.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd/106 SAtk/152 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
---

The most overused Pokemon in UnderUsed. And this the most common moveset. Raikou is here to hold my entire team in place. He is the one that goes into Mismagius and most likely comes out victorious as well as switching into a variety of Pokemon and stat up. After stat up, Raikou can OHKO almost every Pokemon in UU, except for a select few such as Chansey. Raikou is amazing, but it is opposing Raikous' I have a problem with...

What really comes in on Abomasnow? Blizzard kills off like 3 things on the siwtch, Grass Knot another, so your best bet is...Blaziken? lol You could always go to Uxie, who's beefier (hi Ambipom) and I'd rather put Psychic on it (hi Crobat). Light Screen would'nt hurt you either. So the set we'd be looking at is something along the lines of: Light Screen, Stealth Rock, Psychic, FILLER.

Now the second thing I see prevalent here is that, you're extremely sweep to another Staraptor, whether Scarf or Banded, which you already know what the normal counters to that are. Perhaps we'll use that Filler on Uxie as Reflect, to help against Staraptor before it ever gets in.

I also wouldn't mind putting Staraptor as a lead. Of course it's a dead giveaway it's a Scarf if you go before Crobat, but, would Crobat stay in on a Staraptor? An easy quick U-Turn to Uxie right away might guarantee a quick SR instead of a mind game-you-might-not-get-to-use-til-later SR.

The filler would most likely be Yawn I suppose, and that is a better idea than what I have been doing lately. I've had a bit of a problem with the two leads you mentioned, thanks MoP. I'll change them now.

Altair

just who is the coon?
Sub>HP Grass on Blaziken IMO. It helps immensely when dealing with Bulky waters, but you have Raikou and Shaymin to deal with them so it seems kind of redundant to have. Sub serves as a nice buffer for attacks and has synergy with Agility.

Also, have you considered a Curse Registeel for your team? It helps with the Raikou weakness and can add a physical sweeper to your team, since the only one you have is Staraptor. This seems like it could hinder you against special walls like Chansey and Regice. Registeel can usually take them on, since it is immune to Toxic and can set up easily this set:

Registeel@Leftovers
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Atk
Careful
-Ice Punch/Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Curse
-Toxic/T-wave

After one or two curses, this thing is impossible to take down and can hit back hard. Ice punch is recommended because of its coverage with Earthquake, but Iron head is also an option if you want a STAB move. Earthquake is the only way you're getting past Raikou, who you mentioned earlier is a threat to your team. Curse is obvious, and the last slot supports the team.

On your team, Milotic seems to be the most expendable. it doesn't support your team much outside Toxic, which Registeel also can use.

I hope I helped!

Sub>HP Grass on Blaziken IMO. It helps immensely when dealing with Bulky waters, but you have Raikou and Shaymin to deal with them so it seems kind of redundant to have. Sub serves as a nice buffer for attacks and has synergy with Agility.

Also, have you considered a Curse Registeel for your team? It helps with the Raikou weakness and can add a physical sweeper to your team, since the only one you have is Staraptor. This seems like it could hinder you against special walls like Chansey and Regice. Registeel can usually take them on, since it is immune to Toxic and can set up easily this set:

Registeel@Leftovers
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Atk
Careful
-Ice Punch/Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Curse
-Toxic/T-wave

After one or two curses, this thing is impossible to take down and can hit back hard. Ice punch is recommended because of its coverage with Earthquake, but Iron head is also an option if you want a STAB move. Earthquake is the only way you're getting past Raikou, who you mentioned earlier is a threat to your team. Curse is obvious, and the last slot supports the team.

On your team, Milotic seems to be the most expendable. it doesn't support your team much outside Toxic, which Registeel also can use.

I hope I helped!
As for your first comment about Sub over HP Grass, you forgot the point of Blaziken is to sweep no matter what. Why would I switch losing my speed boost in the process when I spent most of the effort on trying to set it up? Also, Registeel will be obsolete thanks to Uxie now which helps amazingly with the Raikou weak also, I do not need anymore Physical Attackers as it is thanks to Staraptor and Blaziken, they are actually the only ones I need as Shaymin rips through most of the current Physical and Special walls as well as Raikou. The only thing I would really need another Physical Attacker for is Chansey and opposing Registeel which can be dealt with swiftly thanks to the Staraptor and Blaziken. Milotic is also almost the least expendable as Toxic is needed as for the main goal, and also Milotic is a Pokemon I am very found of, it also is my physical wall, thanks to it switching in on almost every single status. Milotic is just fine as it is. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Note that you gave Uxie Special Attack EVs, which should obviously be placed elsewhere.

There's no point to using Shadow Ball on Raikou over a Hidden Power, probably Ice. It's not going to make a difference against other Raikou, since it fails to break a Substitute just as a Hidden Power does. Froslass and Mismagius are hit reasonably hard by Thunderbolt already, and because of STAB, there's a net 17.5 base power difference between Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball, which doesn't make a significant difference either. The same goes for Gallade and Claydol, the latter with Hidden Power Ice. Raikou can set up on Uxie anyways.

By not using Hidden Power Ice, you lose the ability to hit Shaymin and Roserade somewhat hard, and you can do almost nothing to Steelix and Nidoqueen, which comes in handy occasionally.

I'll do a full rate, why not?

Nitpicks:

Raikou is PHAIL without Hidden Power. Ice is the best coverage, and ground or fire for more "Specialized sets"(but you have Blaziken for this).

Uxies EVs......lol. Those SAtk evs do nothing if you didnt notice :P.

This is slightly more major, but i suggest Vacuum Wave over Agility on Blaziken, as Blaziken isnt really a very good "Sweeper". This set allows you to put so many holes in your opponents team, as well as this gives you a form of Priority, which you need, and you dont have >_<. Id put 124 in Speed at the most to outspeed min speed Base 95s such as Uxie or Drapion. Blaziken is scary, because of its Wall Breaking abilities and taking out steels or Waters for your other pokemon. Besides, Staraptor is a fine late game sweeper, as well as Raikou once you get rid of the counters. Blaziken+Raikou is my favorite offense in UU, because they both take out(force out) each others counters. At least use 20 speed EVs for that set to outspeed Milotic.

Nitpick Summary: Hidden Power Ice/Ground/Fire over Shadow Ball on Raikou. Uxies EVs. And Vacuum Wave on Blaziken.

Bigger Changes: Well im not sure if you really like Uxie+Milotic as your defenses. Uxie+Shaymin is redundant for ground, and Milotic and Uxie dont have very good synergy. I would personally suggest Registeel over Milotic, or Nidoqueen over Uxie, because Missy runs all over your team as well as Toxic Spikes. I would suggest Registeel+Slowbro, but that makes your team the same as mine, except i have Roserade and Azumaril over Staraptor and Shaymin.

Which brings me to the next point....Raikou is complete fail when Toxic Spikes are layed out, because its not a one turn sweeper, its a many turn sweeper, and it cant use subcm with Poison. I would put Nidoqueen over Uxie for this, I would even think about changing Blaziken to a wallbreaker Nidoking....

Summary: Wall Synergy, maybe add Nidoqueen>Uxie, or Registeel>Milotic, or Registeel+Slowbro>Uxie+Milotic. POISON TYPE!!

I hope this helped a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)