ORAS OU Rate my team?

I am relatively new to battling, and this is my first time posting here. I like to build teams and from the experience that I've gained, and after like 20 failed OU teams, I've built this one. I'd like to get help so that I can tweak it and make it a little better.

Here it is:

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Probably the best Sheer Force user imo, this ferocious crocodile can rip unprepared teams apart. It has trouble with Azumarill and Rotom-W, though, or mostly any physical wall (Ferrothorn, Skarmory, etc). Really fun to use.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Can halt non-swords dance Talonflame. Has trouble with Magnezone (but can be easily checked) or can be 2HKO'd by powerful special attackers.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Chansey is my go-to whenever someone is paralyzed, poisoned or burned. Also whenever someone is at low health. I don't know if I should switch Protect and Toxic/Seismic Toss, though. She is 100% walled by Gengar anyway.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I normally use this to check Talonflame and Gyarados (if it hasn't D-danced), due to Intimidate stacking up quite well against them. Also stops Ferrothorn and Forretress dead in their tracks. I believe he's quite frail, though.

Volcarona @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Weakness Policy works. I don't know how, but it does. Volcarona's most common checks are Keldeo, Rotom-W and Tyranitar. With one Quiver Dance it hits a great speed tier, and with Scald/Hydro Pump being toned down by the Sp. Def boost, the policy activates. He giga drains his health back and starts sweeping. Completely walled by Heatran, though.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

My other Weakness Policy abuser. Can take super-effective hits and dish out a LOT of damage with a single d-dance. I am looking to take him out, but I don't know for what. He's very good, nonetheless.

Any kind of criticism is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello

Hate to break it to you but chansey offense isnt a thing for a good reason. Chansey and skarmory dont just kill momentum on offense, you cant just dump them on an offense team and expect them to help the tam with all of its weaknesses.

------>

Scarf Landorus-t will give you a way to check charizard x, as well as being able to check other strong mons like hoopa-u, while also providing momentum for your team. Dragonite and also lopunny get checked by lando. As well as checking alakazam, latios, diggersby, excadrill, raikou, mega manectric, breloom, metagross, pinsir and much much more.

----->

Azelf is one of the better suicide leads for offense, it will consistently get rocks up while also being able to keep rocks off your side of the field. Azelf is just a better fit for an offense team like yours instead of a full stall mon like chansey. Azelf can help the rest of your team just worry about getting kills.

Fix Sets
Man need tbolt, tbolt is stronger than discharge and para doesnt matter that much, flamethrower is better if you mispredict since you dont have any switch ins since it is ho

Volc needs pasho, and 72 hp
Dragonite likes adamant ; the power is needed of adamant running iron head on wp dnite is cool since you can now beat clefable and set up on it.
Feralligator run SUB on gator or you just get 6-0'd by bisharp and sub gator can actually avoid getting status'd by stuff like clefable which can be cool

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Explosion

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Last edited:

Foreverwisdom

Banned deucer.
Great attempt, but when I look at your team, the first thing I see is a MAJOR Stealth rock weakness.
Second, what is your team suppose to be? I mean what's the plan? Is it a weather team, Hyper offense, Balance etc? I mean if it's at least balance then shouldn't your attacks cover each others weakness?

Here's a bit of some advice for you:
1. Pick one Pokemon and base a team around it. Cus it looks to me as though you just grabbed a bunch of random mon together and called it a team.
Sorry if that came across as harsh but that's what I'm getting. You then decided to patch it up with the Blissey / Skarmory combo. Except you figured that Chansey was much bulkier and replaced Blissey with it. Point is, not much thought went into making this team (and don't worry we've all been there, so that's fine).
2. Once Chansey and Manetric's dead, opposing Electric types that carry HP Ice can easily sweep your team.
3. Bisharp eats your whole team alive, and Manetric's intimidate only makes things worse LOL.
4. Your teams weak to entry hazards and defog only attracts Bisharps.
5. Your team is also too fragile, so you can't afford to take a lot of hits on your attackers. Which means you'll be relying a LOT on Skarmory and Chansey (who also happen to be knock off bait LOL *cough* Bisharp!). Point is, over relying on specifically two pokemon will make them die faster, and once one is dead, your entire team follows.
6. You team is weak to Talonflame, especially if it's Sword Dancing lol.

It's easy to point flaws in most teams, so I'd rather give you some suggestions instead:

Landorus > Skarmory

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Now you're no longer bait to Magnezone and most electric attacks. Landorus also provides some great ground type immunity for Manectric. Not to mention Stealth rocks. It also stops Talonflame.

Sylveon > Chansey

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Not only does it bounce off your teams fighting type weakness, it also comes with both heal bell and wish. This little guy can also take on Thunderus head on (another threat to your team)!

Manectric > your Manetric

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice

Use thunderbolt over Discharge. That chance to paralyses isn't guaranteed and it's much weaker. Odds are the foe has a way deal with paralysis i.e. a cleric / heal bell aromatherapy etc. You also miss out to doing decent damage to Conkeldurr who now has no reason not to KO you i.e. Discharge is weaker and now it even has a chance to activate it's Guts ability.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

A great counter to Bisharp who destroys your team. It can take Knock offs like a pro and KO it with Mach Punch. It even comes with knock off to screw up the opponent if they decide to switch. Oh and did I forgot Ice Punch for KO'ing opposing Landorus should it decide to switch? ^^

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

I'm going to stop here. I have an anime to watch and it's late at night, see ya.

PS: You only need a better fire type attacker and one good set up Pokemon. But you only have one more space lol. Perhaps a fire type that can set up?

You have between Choice Band Talon Flame (as a cleaner) or Serperior (it can set up and KO opposing ground type who can wall this team suggestion of mine), plus it comes with Hidden Power fire. G2g, goodnight.

Thanks guys. I just came back from a trip and I didn't have any data to reply sooner enough. I did figure Skarmory/Chansey was killing momentum, and did consider Lando-T, but that implied 2 mons with 4x weakness to ice. I have used Sylveon before, I don't see why I didn't think abut him. I'll think about Conk, I regard him as sluggish but he can tank most hits, and I could easily check Bisharp that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)