Deoxys-F @ Choice Band ** Deo
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Brick Break
- Fire Punch
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Here as a fast starter and sweeper. I hate superpower because it ruins it and extremespeed is stupid too.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band ** Aero
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

The same function as Deo. They both should sweep at least 2-3 Pokemon by switching.

Blaziken (M) @ Salac Berry ** Blaze
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Reversal
- Substitute

Reversaler and my favorite Pokemon. He's great! I think he should be able to kill at least one Pokemon.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers ** Tyrano
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

I use him later in the game as a sweeper. This is the standard Tyraniboah set. When he fails, i switch to Kyogre so that the Sandstorm stops.

Kyogre @ Leftovers ** Kyo
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 108 HP / 148 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Also a sweeper for late game with roar. Roar is quite usefull to stop my opponents Pokemon from setting up.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers ** Destroyer
EVs: 204 HP / 176 Atk / 128 Spd
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Also my favorite Pokemon and a sweeper. He is amazingly good, i had no problems with him.

So, please rate this team from 1 to 10 and tell me what to fix.
Thanks!

W: 136 L: 32 with this team.

thunder on kyogre as said above

change fire punch to flamethrower or fireblast

blaziken's existence is confusing. im not expert in ubers, but he's not exactly great. reversal will be walled by err everything, and HP ice wont scare latio/as', and certainly not lugia. fireblast whilst raining will do little to specially orientated ubers.

your mewtwo looks cool.

boah and aero are both monsters in OU play, but in uber's, are hard to switch in. both are groudon breakfast.

overall, your team is frail. physical or special, your team is going to take a hard hit switching in anything. no recovery, nothing to taking status, and with deoxys, aero and blaziken, you have 3 pokes that are getting OHKO to most attacks in the uber metagame. what are you switching into groudon? what do you switch into lati@s?

you could try CB gross over aero, and blissey or latias/latios over deoxys or blaziken for some defence. lugia is something else you could consider.

i can see you destroying OU teams, but losing to any decent uber team. 5/10 as an uber team. substitutions required.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not going to do a full analysis, but I must say, that if you are even to consider braving Reversal Blaziken in ubers, HP Ice isn't going to do anything for you. Use Rock Slide. Better yet, use Swarm Heracross instead. It's better suited since so many things in ubers resist Fighting, and Heracross gets Megahorn, which rips apart most of the uber metagame which is mostly Psychics.

I would definitely opt for some form of Def, when in doubt Lugi-Bliss.

Also, I don't see why you have Aerial Ace and not Hidden Power Flying. Regardless, Hidden Power Bug is about ten times better than Fly in Ubers from experience. Eggy has 4x weak to Bug anyways which is probably the only thing you'd be trying to predict and hit HP on anyways. And the odd Celebi.

Actually i have like 22 wins and no looses with this team. I rearranged it a little, now i have raikou instead of Tyranitar. And i actually fight only uber-teams, so what your telling is not true morning storm, i have never lost against ubers with it. I also dont fight teams with more than 3 ubers and for Groudon, i just put Kyogre to OHKO him or roar him away. Lati@s arent exactly so good, i just use mewtwo or kyogre for the dragon one and mewtwo for the psychic one. Im happy with it, because i have never lost.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Actually i have like 22 wins and no looses with this team. I rearranged it a little, now i have raikou instead of Tyranitar. And i actually fight only uber-teams, so what your telling is not true morning storm, i have never lost against ubers with it. I also dont fight teams with more than 3 ubers and for Groudon, i just put Kyogre to OHKO him or roar him away. Lati@s arent exactly so good, i just use mewtwo or kyogre for the dragon one and mewtwo for the psychic one. Im happy with it, because i have never lost.
That says nothing about the battling skills of the opponents you chose. It's not wise to brag about wins unless we know you are actually fighting ubers teams from knowledgeable people.

edit: Also, by the time you get Kyogre in, you'll find out that Groudon is outspeeding you and OHKOing you with an SD STABed Earthquake. And you can't say Lati@s aren't good in ubers. That's blasphemy and madness.

Well i have a team with five ubers lol...
Rate that team:

Deoxys-F @ White Herb
- Extremespeed
- Psycho Boost
- Shadow Ball
- Superpower

Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
- Aerial Ace
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Kyogre @ Leftovers
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Surf
- Thunder

This one is even better!

Psychic is VERY VERY BAD attacking type in Ubers. Don't use it.

Also, I have no experience in Ubers, but I doubt there's any need for both Lati@s.

I'm not much of a team rater, but you have a +SpAtk nature, and SpAtk EVs on a Ttar, but no Special attacks. Wtf?

EDIT: never mind, I was thinking of Special and physical in DP, not RSE. Sorry ^^

is this one of those discrete joke threads?

Deoxys-F @ White Herb
- Extremespeed
- Psycho Boost
- Shadow Ball
- Superpower
choiceband if anything; white herb is for aerodactyls who receive curses from umbreon in a team designed by a third grader. oh, and don't use psycho boost, ever, regardless of the tier.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
- Aerial Ace
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
jolly only if you want to tie with max speed mewtwo, who can take a hit from aerodactyl anyway. hp fly > aerial ace.

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
care to explain this? these are essentially the same pokes (considering the way you distributed the evs, the assigned moves, and the nature). the only difference in their respective "wtf" move. neither psychic nor um...unSTABed, -atk nature, aerial ace are at all effective in ubers.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
This, and only this can explain why you might've beaten an opposing uber team. a mewtwo who can't recover would surely throw me for a loop personally.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Surf
- Thunder
I'm guessing this is your cbgroudon/heracross/metagross counter? because apart from this (once again without anymethod of recovery), you have no physical wall.

You have no status absorber either, I recommend making kyogre the stalk variant. I also recommend you drop latios for maybe rayquaza and make latias more defensive (safeguard/recover/dragon claw/thunder).
You should completely forget about aerodactyl and replace it with either metagross or even kabutops (just for that cool factor).

I'd love to watch one of your battles sometime, because to win with this team must take serious skill.

Well i have been playing for 2 or 3 years. I replaced psychic and aerial ace on Lati@s for substitute. You may try using deoxys with white herb, you will se that its great!

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well i have been playing for 2 or 3 years. I replaced psychic and aerial ace on Lati@s for substitute. You may try using deoxys with white herb, you will se that its great!
We've been playing for longer. White Herb on Deoxys does it no justice, as Deoxys is strictly hit, run, and die. After a Superpower, it's either KOing and forced to switch next turn, or dealing damage and dying next turn.

i think OP is joking. he asks for advice and scorns that which is given to him, saying he knows what he's doing, he's played for 2-3 years. aerial ace on latias? evidently hiiiiighly competent.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How long you've played is mostly irrelevant compared to how long you've played competitively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)