Persian @ Silkscarf
Ability: Technician
EVs:4HP/252Attack/252speed
Nature: Jolly
- Fake Out
- U Turn
- Hypnosis
- Bite
A great lead that takes on just about any other lead.If rain dance is not in effect and I get a free switch in it goes to this guy. Basicly you fake out then hypnosis. Hopefully it works if it does then just U turn over to:

Phione @ Damp rock
Ability: Hydration
EVs:252HP/4Def/252SpA
Nature: Modest
- Surf
- Rain dance
- Rest
- Grass knot
This guy fuels my team. He can set up rain dance and abuse hydration while sweeping with super powered surfs. rest becomes a 1 turn full recovers for phione in the rain so he can be a beast. grass knot is for quagsire and friends. Damp rock lets me get 8 turns of rain. which basicly means that I am sweepign for that long. He lets me get my myriad of sweepers going like:

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 24HP/252Atk/232 Speed
Nature: Adamant
- Arial Ace
- Brick Break
- Stone Egde
- Waterfall
This guy sweeps like having a choice band, but super fast and can choose any move he wants. excellent type coverage like a good sweeper should Have. Oh and BTW momento still lets me rape thier team.

Another poke utilising swift swim, but from the other side of the attacking spectrum is:

Gorebyss @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift swim
EVs:252SpA/252Spd/4SpD
Nature: Modest
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
This girl is quite nice she packs a hug SpA and kills a whole bunch of things with her speed boost. Shadow ball is for random ghosts that come in but is really filler it does take care of shedjna

Another poke that utilises rain but through super powered, STAB, really fast, base 120, 100% accurate, Thunder. Meet:

Manectric @ Life Orb
Ability:Static
EVs:32HP/224spe/252SpA
Nature: Timid
- Thunder
- Flame Thrower
- Hidden Power Ice
- Substitute
Flamethrower will 2 hit that steelix that wants to ruin your fun even in the rain. Nothing really likes gettign hit by STABed thunder (exept those random grounds like quagsire which usually come running in to get killed by Phione)

My last poke becomoes quite durable during rain he also revenge kills really nicely and can sweep if he gets enough boosts meet:

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs:252Attack/252Speed/6def
Nature:Jolly
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

This guy (with life orb factored in) recieves 2.5% hp per turn which with a life orb is nothign to scoff at. sucker punch for all your revenge killing needs. he also counters all those fighting types that like to dominate UU.

I have a weakness to a team based around solarbeam. I find that its quite easy to set up and when you start sweeping its hard to get you down.

Thank you for reading and thank you from your suggestions/ratings!

You may as well drop Persian's silk scarf for expert belt (same effect, but x1.2 on all physical moves instead of normal moves), but you may even want to use Life Orb.

You don't need so many offensive pokes (i don't know anything about Toxicroak tho). I would drop one or two in favor for Quagsire or Mantine, depending on your defensive needs.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
Quagsire counter a lot on your team, and nothing other than Phione can really hurt it. Hidden Power Grass on Gorebyss or/and Kabutops can be a nasty suprise to Quagsire.

And what are you doing against enemy Electric? Sending in your own Manectric against an enemy Manectric isn't to clever. :p I suggest using a Lanturn, who counter them all better then anything else in the metagame, and learn Thunder, Surf and Rain Dance. And about that, Phione isn't invincible, and having another Pokémon with Rain Dance isn't such a bad idea, seeing how much you rely on it.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thunder Wave Lanturn ruins pretty much this entire team. Phione's HP Grass will do shit damage to it, and Toxicroak is at risk of paralysis, crippling it, and making it useless.

I'm crazy, but I'm going to recommend Leafeon. You have plenty of resists on this team for its weaknesses, and although it doesn't benefit from the rain, it will compliment your team well. You also might want a Wish-passer because nearly all of your team carries LO. As for expendable slots, invest some more defense instead of Special Attack on Phione and dump Persian, because it otherwise doesn't have much synergy with your team. But you can replace anything you'd like for it.

Gorebyss will be harder to wall with HP Grass/Electric over Psychic or Shadow Ball, you might want to have Rain Dance here too, just in case Phione dies.

Manectric's also harder to wall with HP grass than with HP ice, Ice really only covers Altaria in UU, who can't take Thunders anyway.

You might want Claydol in a slot here, mainly to take on Electric types and to switch into EQ's. Also SR helps offensive teams a lot.

1. I recommend that you change the moveset of Gorebyss to include Rain Dance because it seems that once Phione is gone the whole team falls apart.

2. Secondly, you might want to take note that a large portion of your team carrying Life Orb, which may be detrimental. I would personally run Choice Specs on Manectric.

On the other hand, you may want to see play around with other swift swimmers such as Omastar or Quilfish.

3. Lastly, in order to deal with your Solarbeam problem you might want to try Golduck with its ability Cloud Nine, which helps to shut down weather or Parasect with it's ability Dry Skin.

I guess manectric (or even phione) could could be taken out for leafeon. Im thinkin about:

Leafeon @ Damp Stone
Ability: Leaf Guard (Oh well)
EVs: 132HP/160Atk/216Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Leaf Blade
- Wish
- Protect
- Rain Dance

persian will not leave. he gets in lots of free damage and hypnosis helps me set up rain dance even easier. He also pwns Rotom (starter or other) that really like to come and ruin my fun before rain dance is in effect. Im gonna go through major testing tomarrow to get ready for the tournament on saturday, thanks for all your suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)