Project Rating Practice Teams

Stoward

Ban Dynamax
is a Tiering Contributor
Approved by the RMT Moderation team
Cohosted by vivalospride

Welcome to Round 1 of Rating Practice Teams!

Each week we will be visiting different tiers and providing teams for aspiring raters to have a chance to rate quality teams as well as receive feedback on your rates and potentially become a new team rater. Our current judges for each tier are:

OU: TPP, Curiosity, Jordy, Analytic
UU: Vivalospride, Twilight, Analytic
Ubers: Mysterious M, Cynara
RU: MrAldo, Zizalith, Cyrogyro, Analytic
NU: Quziel, Rabia
PU: Shuckledeath, Specs, Yogi
LC: Coconut, Zizalith,
DOU: Yuichii, Yellow Paint,
Mono: Maroon, Eien, Ticken
AG: Vivalospride Pigeons

If you're an aspiring rater, then these will hopefully allow you to pick up on and address any problems with your rating, provide you with experience rating teams that have been specifically made to be as tough to rate as possible, and make you think creatively in order to find the best changes for the team. Any rates we receive will be replied to with personalized feedback by our dedicated raters. At the end of the round, we'll give some general hints and feedback on how things went, and post the best rate that we received as an example of how to rate the team.

Anyone is welcome to participate and send in their rate, and everyone will be guaranteed to receive feedback appropriate to the effort they put into their rate, regardless of their ability. However, to keep things fair, we won't be considering rates sent in by official Team Raters as winners of the best rate.

If you would like to participate in this round, PM your rate to TPP, Jordy, curiosity and Analytic by the 15th of November at 11:59PM EST.

Week 1 will be featuring an OU team built by Jordy

:sm/clefable:
Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 80 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

I had seen false post a cool Clefable set on the Snake Draft Discussion thread, so I wanted to build around it. Thanks to Magic Guard, Clefable is completely immune to passive damage, making it a great wincon against bulkier teams. Because of its immunity to passive damage, it can afford to run Life Orb, which makes it pretty strong despite its low Special Attack stat and allows it to break past bulkier Pokemon such as Toxapex in tandem with Thunderbolt and Calm Mind. On top of that, it still functions as a good check to Pokemon such as Mega Lopunny. This team kinda struggles against Ferrothorn, so I have been considering Fire Blast instead of Thunderbolt, but I don't really like the idea of being walled by Toxapex with what is often my main wincon.

:sm/greninja:
Greninja @ Waterium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

I wanted to pair Clefable with Spikes because it helps wearing down its checks such as Magearna and Heatran over-time. I didn't want to go with Ferrothorn because teams like that have been done many times before and I also think Greninja can help pressuring the opposition much more offensively. I've been running Hidden Power Fire instead of Gunk Shot to deal with Ferrothorn, allowing Clefable to overwhelm it, but being walled by Rotom-W and Tapu Fini has been really annoying, especially because the rest of my team doesn't handle them particularly well.

:sm/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

I had Garchomp here at first because of its superior Speed tier, but later changed it to Landorus-T for its various support options. Landorus-T still helps this team out by checking and wearing down physical attackers such as Kartana and Mega Mawile. Knock Off is the reason I chose for Landorus-T instead of Garchomp because it allows it to cripple Celesteela, making it much easier for Clefable to overwhelm it quickly. I simply maximized Landorus-T's physical bulk, allowing it to take 2 Choice Band-boosted Leaf Blades from Kartana and made sure it could outspeed Bisharp and Magearna.

:sm/magearna:
Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 6 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap

At this point, I was really weak to Psychic- and Fairy-types such as Tapu Lele, Mega Alakazam, Mega Latias, and opposing Magearna, so I went with my own Magearna here. Coupled with Landorus-T, it provides this team with a solid VoltTurn core, which can give Greninja and Clefable many opportunities to pressure the opposition. I don't really have much to say beyond that; I chose for Fleur Cannon instead of Flash Cannon because I think it's nice to swap Special Attack drops onto Pokemon like Mega Latias as they keep boosting.

:sm/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

I figured that Toxic Spikes support would be nice here to provide some extra pressure against Pokemon like Tangrowth and Mega Scizor. Toxapex also provides this team with a solid check to Volcarona. The given EV spread allows Toxapex to survive a Zen Headbutt from Mega Medicham. Considering how weak this team is to Mega Medicham if it's given opportunities, I figured it'd be nice to provide myself an extra chance to Scald burn it.

:sm/latias-mega:
Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Beam
- Refresh
- Roost

At this point, I was looking really weak to Gliscor and Heatran, 2 very prominent Pokemon right now. Hidden Power Ground obviously allows Mega Latias to pressure Heatran, and combined with Refresh, it's pretty good at overcoming even Toxic variants. Thanks to its solid Speed tier, Mega Latias also functions as a check to Pokemon such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Kartana, which I've found very useful because Landorus-T tends to get worn down very quickly.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 80 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Greninja @ Waterium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 6 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Beam
- Refresh
- Roost

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)