RBY RBY OU Global Championship 2017: Finals [192P Won by Peasounay]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sponsored by Lutra

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Semi-finals | Finals

Introduction

RBY OU Global Champioship is a standard RBY OU Tournament with a goal to find the best RBY OU player of the year. Tiba won the tournament's first edition, while last year's champion was Prague Kick.

A revised format will be used this year. Each round (apart from the finals) will consist of 2 stages. The first stage each player will be given 2 sets of pairings in which they play a first-to-2-wins (best of 3 excluding ties) vs their opponent. After the first stage is completed and the host has determined wins, players who win both their matches go through to the next round, while players who lost twice are eliminated. The players who won 1, lost 1, battle it out in a tiebreaker FT2W in stage 2 to join the two-time winners in the next round. The finals will be a FT4W (FT2W in the case of a 3 man-round robin finals).

The prize returns: a $50 (or equivalent) amazon gift card will be given out to the winner of the entire tournament!​

Past RBY OU Global Championship Tournaments

RBY OU World Championship 2015
RBY OU World Championship 2016

RBY OverUsed Format

Banned Moves
Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Dig/Fly Glitch Prevention + Evasion + OHKO moves)

Banned Pokémon
Mew, Mewtwo

Clauses
Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

Tournament Format : pseudo-double elimination (192 man)

Round 1:
Stage 1 - 2 sets of 96 FT2W matches (192 unseeded players, subs period) & Stage 2
Round 2: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 48 first-to-2-wins matches (96 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 3: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 24 first-to-2-wins matches (48 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 4: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 12 first-to-2-wins matches (24 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 5: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 6 first-to-2-wins matches (12 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 6: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 3 first to-2-wins matches (6 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Stage 1 End: Players with 2 match wins go through, and those with 2 losses are eliminated.
Stage 2: Players with a 1-1 record play each other in a FT2W match to see who progresses.
Finals: >=2 FT2W matches (3 player round-robin, repeated until a decisive winner)

Important Information

Standard Smogon Tournament Rules

Smogon Championship as Type A
Tie Rules

If a battle ends by a Self-KO move (Explosion / Self-Destruct), a tie is declared.
Battle ties do not progress either player towards winning the match.

Arrange location: Profile posts on the Smogon Forums.
Battle location: Pokémon Showdown! Smogon Server

Play against both opponents first-to-2-wins (bo3 wins) and report the score you won or lost by (2-x) after completing each match.

Final Set - Matches Completed: 3/3 (100%)

Leru (2-0) MetalGro$$
MetalGro$$ (1-2) Peasounay
Peasounay (2-1) Leru

Repeat final set if necessary until a player wins both matches against each of their opponents within the final set.

The Paths to the Finals

R1: 2-1 vs Renny, 1-0 vs CZ.
R2: 2-0 vs tjdaas, 0-2 vs ZoroDark, 2-1 vs Ron;
R3: 2-1 vs Genesis7, 2-1 vs Texas Cloverleaf
R4: 2-1 vs teal6, 1-2 vs Golden Gyarados, 2-1 vs ZoroDark
R5: 2-0 vs Meru, 2-1 Star
Semis: 2-0, 2-1 vs Meru
Match Record: 12-2 | Battles Record: 24-12
R1: 2-1 vs Hamhamhamham, 2-0 vs Star
R2: 0-2 vs The Quasar, 2-1 vs Marcop, 2-1 vs Luckstard.
R3: 1-2 vs Nintendi, 2-1 vs thelinekioubeur, 2-0 vs Dominatio
R4: 0-2 vs The Quasar, 2-0 vs Bedschibaer, 2-1-1 vs Golden Gyarados
R5: 2-0 vs Jimmy Turwig, 2-0 vs Nails
Semis: 0-2, 2-1, 2-0 vs Mister Tim
Match Record: 12-4 | Battles Record: 25-14-1
R1: 2-0 vs We Three Kings, 2-0 vs average fella
R2: 2-0 vs z0mOG, 2-0 vs Steven Snype
R3: 2-0 vs Luigi, 0-2 vs Lusch, 2-0 vs Texas Cloverleaf
R4: 2-0 vs Golden Gyarados, 0-2 vs Rampecker, 2-1 vs Poek
R5: 2-1 vs Star, 1-2 vs Tamahome, 2-0 vs Nails
Semis: 2-1, 2-0 vs Teddeh
Match Record: 12-3 | Battles Record: 25-9
Will MetalGro$$ finally win this year after the disappointment of being runner-up in 2015?
Or will Peasounay continue his early 2017 brilliance and do the individual double, having already achieved the highest RBY record in SPL.
Or will relative new name in the RBY World, Leru, claim their first RBY title? There couldn't be a better story for the finals.

⏬Finals: Conclusion⏬

Last edited:
i never got to report it so:
won vs Mister Tim in an epic 7 game war where he took the first series 2-0, got a win away from the victory in the 2nd but i came thru 2-1 in the second series and i clutched the deciding series 2-0. ggs, if i ever have another 3 hour rby showdown i wish you'll be my opponent again.

contacted opps

Last edited:

Lutra

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Leru, MetalGro$$, I want to see you play in the weekend and play Peasounay as soon as possible. It's not fun with all the delays. Can we at least get these 3 matches done by midweek next week?

Okay so I need to post about this because it's absolutely ridiculous.

I know this is finals and there are no deadlines, but in my opinion a line has been crossed. Leru has today johned me for the 4th time. Finals were posted on Tuesday 11, I asked him when he wanted to play and he said "weekend" without being any more precise. I was online all that weekend and never saw him (I'm online a lot of hours a day), then I never managed to catch him online. I recognize the fact that I should've wrote on his wall but both of him and Metal wanted to play each other before playing me (they both told me that) so I figured I'd just wait for them to play first (which they didn't do until today like lol. Metal can say Leru johned him a lot too).

So I started getting pissed at these finals getting dragged on for so long since I've been willing to play since finals were posted and was online absolutely everyday for at least a couple of hours (like cmon I have no life it's easy to get games done with me). I asked him to schedule more precisely in our ROAPL discord chat (we're on the same team)

http://imgur.com/a/QvX0L

(mardi = tuesday) so here he clearly tells me to play on thursday

http://imgur.com/a/cshuo

(jeudi = thursday) then he completely ignores the fact that we previously said thursday, and didn't answer. But because I'm nice and want to get this done I still show up Friday evening, he does too and when I say let's play he literally says "No we're playing saturday" (this happened on smogtours so I don't have physical proof) which is absolutely stupid, he was supposed to play Metal yesterday (who apparently rescheduled) so leru was there, so was I and he disappeared. I was now here this evening, I see him on smogtours, I tell him "let's play" and he says "after metal" (no physical proof once again like i don't screenshot every smogtours convo sorry), and once he finished playing with metal he fricking disconnected and doesn't answer to either discord messages or highlights in the discord chat we have in common.

This is getting completely ridiculous because he's clearly abusing the fact that there are no deadlines (which is stupid) to just john me knowing I can't do anything about it. I don't know why he's doing this, if it's some strategy to drive me on tilt, to play with my nerves or whatever but I'm not at his disposal to be online on any evening he wants (he never gives any precise time btw and just never answers when you message him anyway) for him to not show up or disappear in the middle. At the end of the day we're just talking about scheduling a god damn 20 minutes pokemon game.

I'm asking for something to be done, I'm requesting an activity win at this point and I'm very serious. I don't care if there's no deadline. If he gets a chance to play after all this it means his behavior is accepted. This whole situation has crossed the line, I've started playing tournaments in October 2015 and this is the first time something like this has ever happened to me. I've never EVER fished for an activity win and have always done my best to play any tournament game asap whether it's on Smogon or in any other pokemon forum, and I've NEVER been involved in activity arguments, so keep that in mind when reading this post.

This is just way too painful, waiting for someone to get online at a scheduled moment countless number of times is not something I appreciate. I want him to get infracted for abusing all of this because this type of behaviour is absolutely cancerous for the tournament scene. I'm nice and all but don't take me for a complete dumbass.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Lutra

The final series of battles is scheduled at 9PM GMT+2 (CEST) on Tuesday 25th April.

Peasounay vs Leru to claim the RBY Global Trophy (only a signature sprite) and an amazon gift card of around €47.

It was agreed as a final deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)