RBY RBY OU Global Championship 2018: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
⏮ 2017 | Sponsored by Lutra

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Semi-finals | Finals

Introduction

RBY OU Global Championship is a standard RBY OU Tournament with a goal to find the best RBY OU player of the year. Previous winners are Tiba , Prague Kick and Peasounay.

Each round will consist of 2 stages. The first stage each player will be given 2 sets of pairings in which they play a first-to-2-wins (best of 3 excluding ties) vs their opponent. After the first stage is completed and the host has determined wins, players who win both their matches go through to the next round, while players who lost twice are eliminated. The players who won 1, lost 1, battle it out in a tiebreaker FT2W in stage 2 to join the two-time winners in the next round or the player wins the tournament in the case of a final.

The prize returns: a $50 (or equivalent) amazon gift card will be given out to the winner of the entire tournament!​

RBY OverUsed Format

Banned Moves
Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Dig/Fly Glitch Prevention + Evasion + OHKO moves)

Banned Pokémon
Mew, Mewtwo

Clauses
Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

Tournament Format : pseudo-double elimination (192 man)

Round 1: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 32 FT2W matches (192 unseeded players, subs period) & Stage 2
Round 2: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 16 first-to-2-wins matches (96 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 3: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 8 first-to-2-wins matches (48 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 4: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 4 first-to-2-wins matches (24 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 5: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 first-to-2-wins matches (12 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Semi-finals: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 first-to-2-wins matches (6 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Finals: Stage 1 - Round robin of 3 first-to-2-wins matches (3 unseeded players) - round robin repeated until decisive winner.
Stage 1 End: Players with 2 match wins go through, and those with 2 losses are eliminated.
Stage 2: Players with a 1-1 record play each other in a FT2W match to see who progresses.

Tie Rules

If a battle ends by a Self-KO move (Explosion / Self-Destruct), a tie is declared.
Battle ties do not progress either player towards winning the match.

Arrange location: Profile posts on the Smogon Forums.
Battle location: Pokémon Showdown! Smogon Server

Play against both opponents (Sets 1 & 2) first-to-2-wins (bo3 wins) and report the score you won or lost by (2-x) after completing each match.

Deadlines

Stage 1 deadline: April 23rd 06:00AM EST / 12:00 PM CET

Set 1 - Matches Completed: 3/3 (100%)

Golden Gyarados (0-2) Bedschibaer
Heroic Troller (0-2) Nails
Picollo (0-2) roudolf13

Set 2 - Matches Completed: 3/3 (100%)

Picollo (0-2) Golden Gyarados
Heroic Troller (2-1) Nails
roudolf13 (2-1) Bedschibaer

Last edited:

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Through to Finals (1)

roudolf13

Stage 2 Tiebreaks - Matches Completed: 2/2 (100%)

Heroic Troller (2-1) Nails
Bedschibaer (2-0) Golden Gyarados

Will the Namekians survive?

Play a first-to-2-wins (best of 3 without ties) match and report the score (2-x) you won or lost by.

Deadline: Sunday 29th April 08:00AM EDT / 02:00PM CEST​

Last edited:
Nooooooooooooooooo Beds freaking bodied me in the first stage haha. Welp, I can't believe I made it this far, but barring RBY shenanigans this is where I'll say goodbye haha

I reached my limit. :/ And when Variance hits you on the lower end, its not good enough. Still happy with my run and thanks to brown people wearing polo shirts Lusch Linkin Karp and Leru for helping me with teams and ideas and the general talk about the RBY Metagame, i really enjoyed this and learned quite a bit still.

GGFan is probably the only one here who saw me playing in deep RBY Tournament runs. i hope i made you proud, poritze ftw <3

gl to the finalists.my best bet would be probably roudolf to win this but we will see.

GGFan

Banned deucer.
Verdammt StierscheiBe Sonya Krauses Poritze. Der Traum ist tod.

Ja, ich bin deutlich stolz auf dich. Obwohl du jetzt ein alter, schm:utizger Mann bist, hast du so viel unglaublich geleistet. Wegen dir ist RBY nicht mehr ein Witz, sondern das beste Modus in der ganzen Welt. Ich gratuliere dir!

P.S. dank meinem Kumpel Linkin Karp f:ur die Team-bauen Tipps und Hilfe, die er dir im Turnier gegeben hat. Die deutsche-Szene wird eines Tages zur:uckkommen!

Last edited:
Lost 0-2 to Beds. There seriously isn't a player out there I consistently lose as fast to as this guy haha. Well, it was a good run but I can't think of a more fitting finals than these three - good luck to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)