RBY RBY OU Global Championship 2019: Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
⏮ 2018 | Sponsored by Lutra

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Semifinals | Finals

Introduction

RBY OU Global Championship is a standard RBY OU Tournament with a goal to find the best RBY OU player of the year.
Previous winners are Tiba, Prague Kick, Peasounay and roudolf13.

Each round will consist of 2 stages. The first stage each player will be given 2 sets of pairings, in which they play a first-to-2-wins (best of 3 excluding ties) vs their opponent. After the first stage is completed and the host has determined wins, players who win both their matches go through to the next round, while players who lost twice are eliminated. The players who won 1, lost 1, battle it out in a tiebreaker FT2W in stage 2 to join the two-time winners in the next round (or the player wins the tournament in the case of a final). If a 3-way final, a 3-man FT2W round robin will determine the winner of the tournament (repeated if necessary).

The prize returns: a $50 (or equivalent) amazon gift card will be given out to the winner of the entire tournament!
The winner will also earn the right to display
in their signature.

Past RBY OU Global Championship Tournaments

RBY OU World Championship 2015
RBY OU World Championship 2016
RBY OU Global Championship 2017
RBY OU Global Championship 2018

Additionally, the winner of RBY OU Global Championship will earn the right to compete in the year-end RoA Forum Championship, competing in the RBY OU division for the
medal (to go in their signature).

You can also earn qualification points for the year-end RBY OU Championship.

RBY OU Championship 2019 Points

RBY OverUsed Format

Banned Moves

Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Dig/Fly Glitch Prevention + Evasion + OHKO moves)

Banned Pokémon
Mew, Mewtwo

Clauses
Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

Tournament Format: pseudo-double elimination (64 man as an example)

Round 1:
Stage 1 - 2 sets of 32 FT2W matches (64 unseeded players, subs period) & Stage 2
Round 2: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 16 first-to-2-wins matches (32 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 3: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 8 first-to-2-wins matches (16 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 4: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 4 first-to-2-wins matches (8 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 5: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 first-to-2-wins matches (4 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Finals: Stage 1 - 2 sets of first-to-2-wins matches (2 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Stage 1 End: Players with 2 match wins go through, and those with 2 losses are eliminated.
Stage 2: Players with a 1-1 record play each other in a FT2W match to see who progresses (or wins the final)

Tie Rules

Battles ending in with no Pokémon on either side, due to a Self-KO move (Explosion/Self-Destruct), result in a tie.
Battle ties do not progress either player towards winning the match (battle is replayed).

Arrange location: Profile posts on the Smogon Forums.
Battle location: Pokémon Showdown! Smogon Server

Deadlines

Stage 1 (Sets 1 and 2) Deadline: April 1 5:00 PM EDT (UTC-4)
Stage 2: April 8 5:00 PM EDT (UTC-4)

Pairings and tags are courtesy of tjdaas!​

Last edited:
lost 0-2 vs. troller. should have definetely won g2 but rby happened. ggs

im also claiming activity win vs the other clown. this dude is unable to understand the basic rules of tournament scheduling and i'm tired of dealing with him just so he comes at 5 am my time to ask if i'm online

lost 0-2 vs. troller. should have definetely won g2 but rby happened. ggs

im also claiming activity win vs the other clown. this dude is unable to understand the basic rules of tournament scheduling and i'm tired of dealing with him just so he comes at 5 am my time to ask if i'm online
Absolutely not, you pick a time and show up, this is the semifinals of a tournament so obviously ive been able to schedule up until this point, the fact that you can only play during a very narrow time range doesn't make you eligible to call for an early "activity win". You pick whatever time you want.

Also Exiline is my other opponent and hasnt yet responded to me.

Edit: Can I request an extension for Exiline? I'd much rather actually play the battle out.

Last edited:

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
World Defender
Being a good player is no excuse to literally not reply 7 days, he committed to the tour, if it is given (which is a joke) i will play, but shouldn't setup precedents to reward this stuff

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
World Defender
If you want to get it done, you wait for spl finals to end, i can't miss my mates. You made me wait 7 days, what is 1-2 hours now?

I was playing Smogon Tour, told my opp I wouldn't play until I finished, which he didn't seem to understand. After the last message I just ignored him because he was PMing nonsense, until I was done

[21:34:01] i xy il il i: ok
[21:46:01] i xy il il i: can we battle now: it's 8:45Pm GMT+1, RBY Round 5?
[21:46:23] We Three Pussies: what part of until i lose you dont understand
[21:46:39] We Three Pussies: you missed the time you suggested yesterday
[21:46:44] We Three Pussies: now u gotta wait
[21:49:13] i xy il il i: do you know the length of time it will take you?
[21:49:22] We Three Pussies: no
[21:49:36] i xy il il i: will it be more or less than 2 hours?
[21:49:42] We Three Pussies: less
[21:54:10] i xy il il i: I'll fight you right now: RBY 8:54Pm Gmt+1, Rby Round 5.
[21:55:52] i xy il il i: dude you're going to miss the deadline

After this I told him I was ready but didn't save the messages. Then I came back to smogtours and he didn't reply back.

Considering he missed the scheduled time yesterday, and now dipped for god knows what reason, I think I deserve the activity win. I tried to get this done, but it's impossible when this guy just ignores everything I say and then comes at 4 AM asking me to play when I'm obviously not online (which is what he's gonna do tonight as well). And not only that, but this guy stinks to GGFan alt really bad, or is just a dumbass.

You told me you were ready and then immediately left, I tried to message you and you were offline within what had to be here minutes

I asked if it was going to take less than 2 hours for you to complete, you said yes. You than messaged me exactly 2 hours later and logged out after calling me a jackass.
Do you want to actually schedule a time ? We had both been on for 4 hours yesterday and nothing was accomplished. How about we play tommorow at 9pm GMT+1 on smogtours server?
Edit: and GGFan is not a dumbass. Nor am I an alt of him.

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
World Defender
Won 2-1 in a rather frustrating bo3 where my opponent got lucky 500 times in two games, then tried to wrap g3 but i lucked for once dodging the second Wrap attempt. I pointed out that Wrap can't always hit and that he loaded that up not me to haxfish, just to be called retard+stuff for daring. I really should have taken activity and avoid all of this frustrated kid's screaming, i just wanted to play pokémon smh. Whatever really, have fun grumpy guy and next time don't take 7 days to reply if you signup the tour

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
Won 2-1 in a rather frustrating bo3 where my opponent got lucky 500 times in two games, then tried to wrap g3 but i lucked for once dodging the second Wrap attempt. I pointed out that Wrap can't always hit and that he loaded that up not me to haxfish, just to be called retard+stuff for daring. I really should have taken activity and avoid all of this frustrated kid's screaming, i just wanted to play pokémon smh. Whatever really, have fun grumpy guy and next time don't take 7 days to reply if you signup the tour
please do not invent facts that never happened ._.
after this post i'm truly convinced that you're the exact definition of an asshole tho
peace

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)