RBY RBY OU Global Championship 2021: Round 1 (Stage 2 @ #88)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I didn't want to request an act win for myself regarding my set 1 opponent. I didn't want to look like a dick in the event that past precedents/commonly accepted standards put me in the wrong, and just let the TO figure it out.
I feel like I can though, based off of past experiences in tours on Smogon and other sites. This is ultimately a TO decision I won't dispute, but here is my case for an act win:
  • I reached out first and provided a range of dates
  • Mistaking this for another tour with different dates, opponent posts on Friday to suggest next week
  • Based on the screencap they already posted you can see how that continued and I ended up not being able to play
  • I have much, much less certainty that I will be available to play mons for at least 45 minutes from Mon-Wed, so I just said "I can't do it" instead of dragging us through a few days of frustration and ambiguity, that might result in an act decision anyway. RBY sets can take that much time, or longer, you never know.

Last edited:
I forgot to set a reminder for my match with Ryanor on Sunday and didn't remember until almost 4 hours after the scheduled time. I immediately left a message on his profile asking if he could play on Monday, but did not receive any response despite Ryanor being online Monday morning. I have not received any messages from Ryanor after Thursday when he suggested the time to play. I'd take the L, but there's been no communication from Ryanor since Thursday and so I don't know if he showed up at all, and has not responded to attempting to schedule an extended match. No idea what the right call is for our match.

Update: In contact with Ryanor, we'll get our match done in about 6 hours. If for some reason the match isn't played, Ryanor deserves the win since he confirmed he was on time on Sunday.

Last edited:

vani

This is the way.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Sorry for the delay!

Activity Decisions
Diophantine  vs  Justamente - Diophantine stopped responding
NEWAL  vs  MendeeZ - NEWAL stopped responding
Gaalil  vs  false - Gaalil stopped responding
IoSonoNeon  vs  Louna - IoSonoNeon missed the scheduled time
Koalacance  vs  Ron...5 - Ron...5 missed the scheduled time and stopped responding
Samqian  vs  Plague von Karma - no response from Samqian
Mister Tim  vs  RidMain - Mister Tim couldn't play at the scheduled time and stopped responding in the rescheduling attempt
Serpi  vs  FatWarlord - no response from FatWarlord
euFeatured  vs  Gen1991 - no response from Gen1991
Hats  vs  Khaetis - Hats stopped responding
FatWarlord  vs  Alpha Male Psyduck - no response from FatWarlord
SpectralThief  vs  false - SpectralThief stopped responding
Stoked  vs  Samqian - no response from Samqian
Diophantine  vs  IoSonoNeon - Diophantine stopped responding
Yves Stone  vs  Eremita - Eremita stopped responding
Huston  vs  Far too complex - no response from Huston
Attack on Samurott  vs  Gen1991 - no response from Gen1991

Coinflips
bulufan14
 vs  TC - no visible contact
gye5  vs  Mindnight - no visible contact
rss bootcamp  vs  Marshall.Law - no visible contact
HSOWA  vs  Nael222- both weren't on at their scheduled time or didn't let their opponent know
Yami  vs  Stoked - both weren't on at their approximate scheduled time or didn't let their opponent know
Attack on Samurott  vs  Prof_J - iffy situation since Attack on Samurott responded late but Prof_J wasn't availabe at the time he mentioned where he'd be available in his first post
LTG  vs  Hats - no visible contact
MichaelderBeste2  vs  Xandes - learn to schedule and not just drop "now? or go?"
Melanie uwu  vs  TC - bobody posted in the thread and scheduling either stopped or went to Discord, coinflipping for now got played
Nalorium  vs  LTG - no visible contact
Mindnight  vs  rss bootcamp - no visible contact
MendeeZ  vs  TopLel TopKek - contact came to late and they schedule for way after the deadline
GasaiYunoSan  vs  Xenqt - no visible contact

rbygc_r1_s1_coinflips.jpg

rbygc_r1_s1_coinflips2.jpg

If I made any mistakes or you think a decision was unjust please let me know asap. If you want a decision to be overturned please provide proof, especially when you scheduled trough PMs/Discord.

Posting Stage 2 soon!

Last edited:

vani

This is the way.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Stage 2
Completed Matches: 5/24

EB0LA
 2-0  MichaelderBeste2
Yami  0-W  euFeatured
kael
 W-0  Ophion
NEWAL  1-2  Drogba In Shenhua
Ron...5  0-W  Fant'sy Beast
frisoeva
 W-0  eden
Stoked  0-F  Huston
Lauriane
 W-0  IoSonoNeon
Mindnight  F-0  Hyssou
TC  0-W  Waves
MendeeZ  0-W  Gastlies
TopLel TopKek  0-W  Souw
emma
 W1-0  mentalsoft
iKiQ  0-A  El Cadaver
NEON_Voyager  0-F  roxiee
16bit  0-2  Far too complex
SoulWind
 2-0  Xandes
Hats  0-A  D4 Repertoire
Louna  0-A  Frrf
rss bootcamp  0-A  The Quasar
Xenqt 0-W Mister Tim
kjdaas  0-F  RidMain
Exiline  0-F  gye5
Green on fire
 2-0  McSim

Stage 2 deadline: Sunday May 23rd 11:59 PM -4
If you need an extension because of the delay please let me know!​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)