RBY OU Global Championship 2022
- This is a standard RBY OU tournament
- This tournament will be a Global Championship. (explained below!)
- You may switch teams in between battles for your Best of 3s.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! (Main or SmogTours)
- Replays will not be required until Top 8.
- Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a RoA Forum Moderator. Coin flips will be done publicly on PS!
- In the event that something is added to or removed from the RBY OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round.
- Do not cheat. Cheating will result in a disqualification. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
- Signing up with more than one account
- Ghosting or being ghosted by another player
- Manipulating match outcomes
- Do not harass or insult your opponents. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary.
Each round will consist of 2 stages. The first stage each player will be given 2 sets of pairings, in which they play a Best of 3 vs both opponents. After the first stage is completed, players who win both their matches go through to the next round, while players who lost twice are eliminated. The players who went 1-1 battle it out in a tiebreaker Bo3 in stage 2 to join the two-time winners in the next round.
Example Breakdown (64 Players)
Round 1: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 32 Bo3 matches (64 unseeded players, subs period) & Stage 2
Round 2: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 16 Bo3 matches (32 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 3: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 8 Bo3 matches (16 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 4: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 4 Bo3 matches (8 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 5: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 Bo3 matches (4 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Finals: Stage 1 - 2 sets of Bo3 matches (2 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Stage 1 End: Players with 2 match wins go through, and those with 2 losses are eliminated.
Stage 2: Players with a 1-1 record play each other in a FT2W match to see who progresses (or wins the final)
You play two Bo3s each round against two different opponents
Win both Bo3s in Round: Advance to Next Round
Lose both Bo3s in Round: Eliminated from Tournament
Go 1-1 in Bo3s in Round: Play in a final Bo3 in Stage 2 - winner of the set moves on while loser is eliminated
Standard Rules and Clauses
- Standard Clauses / Mods
- Desync Clause Mod: Desyncs changed to move failure.
- Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
- Freeze Clause Mod: Limit one foe frozen
- Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
- OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
- Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
- Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
- HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
- Banned Moves
- Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize
- Banned Pokemon
- Mew, Mewtwo
What are we playing for?
A $50 Amazon Gift Card (sponsored by Lutra) will be given to the winner of the tournament!
This tournament will award points towards the 2022 RBY OU Circuit, which awards a ribbon to the winner of the entire circuit.
RBY OU Resources can be found here. RBY OU Sample Teams can be found here. The general RBY Forum can be found here.
Tournament Rules and General Guidelines can be found here. Scheduling Guide can be found here. Activity Win guidelines can be found here.
Deadline is Sunday, July 10th at 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4).