Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 (Losers) | Round 4 | Round 5 (Losers) | Round 6 | Round 7 (Losers) | Round 8
| Round 9 (Losers) | Round 10 | Round 11 (Loser Final) | Grand Final
Entering this seasonal earns you points in qualifying for the RBY OU Championship, and winning it qualifies you to play in the RoA Forum Championship 2019.
Winning this tournament will allow you to display
- This is a standard Gen 1 OU Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 1] OU".
- This tournament will be Double Elimination.
- In the situation where both players end the game with no Pokemons left, a tie is declared.
- All rounds will be First to 2 Wins. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or smogtours server).
- Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
- Freeze Clause Mod: Limit one foe frozen
- Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
- OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
- Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
- HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
General Tournament Rules:
- Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
- Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
- Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
RBY resource thread for resources.
READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
My policy on hosting:
As a tournament host, I prioritize getting games done over anything else. This means I'll be very open to extensions if the players commit to getting games done in that case. However, keep in mind that more than 2-3 day extensions will require a very strong reason for me to give them. You should not be counting on this to get your games done. I also don't mind extending rounds as a whole, specially if they are the earlier rounds. I'll be stricter with contact deadline though - if you haven't made contact by the time we reach this deadline, you will be subbed out. If you make contact through means other than Smogon wall, it's on you to say in this post that you did. I obviously don't have access to your Discord private messages so I can't guess you made contact - I will sub out anyone that has nothing on their walls and didn't put anything in this thread.
If I extend a round, I will always post the extension in the thread. If I'm not requested an extension, any matches not played by the deadline or an extended deadline may be coin flipped or result in an activity win being granted to a player who has made greater effort to ensure that the game is played. Additionally, any player deemed inactive can be substituted out and replaced with a substitute at the contact deadline.
Any calls I make in specific games can be contested for 24 hours. If, after 24 hours, nothing has been said to me / in this thread, the decision is final and I won't change it.
Deadline: December 16th 14:00AM EST / 20:00 PM CET
Last edited by a moderator: