RBY RBY OU World Championship 2016: Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol sick format ~

Not trying to trash lutra I much appreciate you hosting. But this tourney rewards johning and punishes playing early; the possibilities of forfeit or two 3-3 players agreeing loser of g1 throws g2 if they know cutoff is 5 make it pretty unfair. Also Selise cmon man don't fuck us like that play your games

HANTSUKI

satan saves xmas
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RUPL Champion
I'll be out most part of the day since he said he's not playing, but if he decides to play, I'll be free during my afternoons in the next days oo

I actually want to play to see if I can make playoffs. Getting no wins is bs and getting a 2-0 for free is also bs oo (in b4 give me a 1-1 for no reason)

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well any round robin without an incentive to play once you are out is going to result in problems. In Group B's case, it's not punishing playing early, because walkovers are worth less than actual wins in a tiebreaker, as is logical and I don't think is really disputed. So unfortunately, if a tie exists between just HANTSUKI and Tesung, it's Tesung going through. Since I didn't list specific tie-break criteria, I'm the one ultimately deciding who goes through, so I am bearing in mind as many factors as I can. Round robins are usually unfair if games remain unplayed, but who goes through is decided by the degree of unfairness if they didn't go through. I welcome any input on the tournament format and way to decide these complicated ties though (VM or PM).

That's kinda bs for him then

Maybe you agree that you play all your games or get banned (ik it's a large punishment but if you agree to it then it seems fair)

I should be able to play all remaining games throughout this evening (I hope, it doesn't depend by me only). Is any extension planned or no way?

HANTSUKI

satan saves xmas
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RUPL Champion
Next time just make it a swiss tourney Oo

And I can play Tesung for a tiebreak with him have some edge for having more matchas or something else, but that's kinda of a bs for him as well oo

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Semi-finals on Wednesday. Tesung and BKC will have to go through I think. Having to win more games in a tiebreak is a good idea , but the combinations of parameters seems like it's pretty complicated to work out a consistent function to determine the number of games in the respective cases.

So Tesung and BKC may battle for 1st seed (1 battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)