RBY RBY OU World Championship: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5

Introduction

RBY OU World Championship is a standard 128 man RBY OU Tournament with a goal to find the best RBY OU player for a year. Due to seemingly less deserving RBY players quite likely to make the latter stages with just a best of 3 format, only the first 3 rounds are best of 3. Rounds 4 and 5 are double round-robin, while rounds 6 (semi-finals) and 7 (finals) are best of 5.

Past RBY OU Tournaments:
RBY OU Format:
  • Banned Pokémon: Mew, Mewtwo.
  • Banned Moves: Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Dig/Fly Glitch prevention + Evasion + OHKO moves).
  • Clauses: Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause.
Tournament Format:
  • Round 1 - 64 best of 3 matches (128 unseeded players with a substitution period)
  • Round 2 - 32 best of 3 matches (64 unseeded players)
  • Round 3 - 16 best of 3 matches (32 unseeded players)
  • Round 4 - 4 x 4 double round-robin groups (16 unseeded players)
  • Round 5 - 2 x 4 double round-robin groups (2 x 1st and 2 x 2nd Round 4 seeds in each group)
  • Round 6 - 2 best of 5 matches (2 x 1st vs 2nd Round 5 seeds from alternate groups)
Tie rules:
  • Battle ties will not be counted in any best of or round-robin match.
  • Ties between 1st and/or 2nd positions in a group will result in a single battle or single round-robin of battles repeated, until positions within the group are established.
Arrange location: Visitor Messages on the Smogon Forums.
Battle location: Pokémon Showdown! (Pokémon Online if both players agree)

Group 1
1st Mael (Qualified 1st/2nd with 4-2, 1st on activity)
2nd MetalGro$$ (Qualified on activity 4-2, a bo3 vs M Dragon, having joint 2-2 records, otherwise decides 2nd place or qualifies for a 1st place decider if one of them goes 2-0)

Group 2
1st ALLALA (Qualified 1st/2nd with 4-2, 1st on activity)
2nd Mister Tim vs Tiba (Decider battle based on activity, 3-3 record vs 2-2 record with activity, otherwise Agammemnon/Tiba battles would narrow down to a 1st or 2nd place decider)

Round 6 Matches (2/2 complete):
Mael vs Tiba
ALLALA vs MetalGro$$

Congratulations to all remaining players for making it to the semi-finals of the largest RBY OU tournament ever hosted! Semi-finals matches will be best of 5.

Post whether you won or lost 3-x after you've completed your battles with a player.

Round 5 Extension Deadline is March 19th 20:00 (8PM) EDT

Round 6 Deadline is March 23rd 20:00 (8PM) EDT

Last edited:

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
what? why did metalgross get the win????
You have given like 2 weeks extension in last round, and I didnt have an opp until less than 1 week ago LOL

Last edited:

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
MetalGro$$ got the activity win because you failed to schedule with him (you had about a week), while you failed to reply to him in 4 days. I'll allow you to March 19th to get the best of 3 with MetalGro$$ done, since you're back on the ball with the tournament. ALLALA match can be extended if necessary.

at least maestro loses because metalgro$$ had already played 3 matches with ALALA and the score is up 2-1(?) for ALALA dude

at least maestro loses because metalgro$$ had already played 3 matches with ALALA and the score is up 2-1(?) for ALALA dude
No, that was the mythical situation where metalgross and me had another bo5 on pokemonperfect rby tour, that has nothing with this one

Piexplode I was trying very hard to not lose my precious time with you, but dude ur insane. You need to learn that sucking peoples balls will not make you look more cool or will make people think you are strong or good in something (not only in pokemon my dear, take this for your life). You should stop with this because everyone I`ve talked in this forum thinks you are only a common hooker

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)