Gen 1 RBY Smogon Movesets for Stadium! (and hopefully beyond)

Sorry if this is in the wrong place...

I've been working on this project for awhile: A Game Boy file containing each competitive moveset listed on this site for the classic Stadium games. I made this to (hopefully) bring more animated competitive battling for local players.

This attached file contains all the movesets I saw on this site before the most recent website format, but please let me know if there any alterations that need to be made.

Works best with Project 64, everything plays really well except some seem to have a problem when Substitute is used (either the emulator or game crashes upon its use, I'm still trying to identify the exact problem to try and fix it). Project 64 is a Windows-only game however so if you want to use it on Mac you'll need to get a program like Parallels to make it work.

To implement this, first get Project 64, then get the NRage 1.82 plug-in here:

http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/downloads.html

1. Drop the plug-in's dll file into the Project 64 plug-ins folder.

2. Open up Project 64 and go to "Settings" under the Options menu.

3. Select the NRage plug-in under Input (controller) plugin.

4. Go to "Configure Controller Plugin" under the Options menu.

5. Click on Controller Pak, then select Transfer Pak (it should be in a drop-down menu next to "Raw Data".

6. Select the GB rom file and the sav file you downloaded from the attached zip file here.

I hope you guys enjoy this!

P.S. I want to get started on a version of this for Stadium 2 GSC, but there are too many movesets and not enough Pokemon boxes to add them all (so you can't combine Pokemon from 2 different Game Boy saves). If you guys are interested, please help me pick which ones I should put into our allotted slots!

Attachments

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Good job on this save !
There are some standard movesets that are missing (like Gengar w/ Night Shade) because they're not on Smogon, but it's easy to add them so no problem.
Same thing for Substitute if you play on Stadium which is an important move there.

If you're in the 2nd gen wifi battle group on skype, some players (mainly Vec) are working on crystal saves for each tier.
It will be posted here once it's finished, if that's ok for you ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)