Re-spawn And Attack! Hyper Offensive Monsters!

Re-spawn And Attack! Hyper Offensive Monsters!

Introduction:
For the past few weeks, I have heard people talking about how offense is the only thing working this gen.Not that I ever liked stall but this made me search about different styles of offensive play and one that really appealed to me was "Dual Screen Hyper Offense".After weeks of trying many different teams this is the one that brought me the most success.I did not ladder much on 1 server but kept switching between Pokemon Online and Smogon.I hit about 1300 in both so I think that is decent.The team revolves around Deoxys-S setting up Dual Screens and Stealth Rock for the team.Then 4 sweepers with a double dragon duo abusing those screens and hurting everything and if something dies then as the title say... Re-Spawn and Attack!

Team Building:

Whenever I build a team I start off with a Pokemon to center it around.I thought that Lucario does not work well this gen but it does manage to catch many people off guard due it hardly being used now.

Haxorus is like the god of Hyper Offense, he hits like a truck and can OHKO almost every Pokemon that takes 0x damage from Outrage just after a +1 adamant boost.He also seemed like a good switch in after Lucario due to resisting fire which is very common

Gyrados acts as my ground resist and easy to set up sweeper.He needs 1 dragon dance on jolly to outspeed all positive base 130 speed pokemon like Jolteon.After the dragon dance he just has to attack and Moxie raises his attack for him.. a great way to weaken a team mid-game.

Garchomp completes my double dragon strategy, the whole plan is using the others to weaken either Garchomp's or Haxorus's counters so I have atleast 1 of them ready to sweep late game.This Garchomp is hard to take down because I am running a Sub+Dragon Claw Set... very deadly and even more if my opponent has sand.

The last line said that Garchomp is even more deadly in sand.A Tyranitar was added to the mix to allow me to get sand which makes things harder for my opponent when against my Lucario or Garchomp.Running a mixed set he also serves as a much needed Wall Breaker.Destroying Skarmory, Chansey, Blissey, Ferrothorn, Bronzong single handedly and helping out the entire team.

Deoxys S was chosen as the Dual Screen as it is very fast and starts off the game at a great pace for my almost always getting up Screens and Rocks.

The team has taken a major overhaul making it much more effective.Hyper Offense requires the user to have pokemon sharing weaknesses to remove each others same counters.Now this is much more effective by running.Dual Screener+Double Dragons+Double Fighters for the HO core.Latios was added because it does tyranitar's job off dealing with physically bulky pokemon much better thus replacing him.
Lets Take A Closer Look:

AuraClaw

Lucario (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Lucario is just my favorite Pokemon and when I decided to make a Hyper Offense team I knew he just had to be included.Getting 1-2 swords dance is simple for Lucario with Screen support and the amount of resistances he has.He is not used often and thus players are not prepared for him.Close Combat dents/KOs many Pokemon.Extremespeed If I know I am slower and I cant survive even with screens and Crunch for the Ghost types such as Chandelure.Life Orb+Adamant is for maximum damage output.Steadfast>Inner Focus because i can switch in on Jirachi's Iron head, Mienshao's Fake Outs... both resisted by Lucario for a free +1 Speed.

H4XRZ

Haxorus (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Oh Haxorus.... The moment I saw you back in June in that Magazine announcing B/W I really got my hopes up and thank you for keeping them up.Pure Dragon means he can take any Attack under screen because no 4x weakness to Ice.Dragon Dance on Adamant gets him to over 630 attack and over 400 speed.Its easy to get 2 DD's with this guy and if he does and you dont have Steel then its GG.After a +2 Haxorus can 2HKO any pokemon you can name on Adamant.Lum Berry has allowed Haxorus to pull off an Outrage 6-0 sweep many times.Taunt for status and Skarmory.Earthquake for coverage.Due to Mold Breaker pokemon like Gengar dont require me to Outrage and Unaware Quagsire gets a punch in the face too.

The Sacred Warrior

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Terrakion is one of the most easy Pokemon to set up behind screens and is usually my first pokemon to come out after Deoxys.He is running the classic Double Set Up with Rock Polish and Swords Dance.He provides amazing STAB with Fight+Rock and even skarmory wouldnt want to switch into a +2 close combat being fired off by Terrakion.He can also sweep at a moments notice right at the beggining of game killing all the opponents pokemon if it gets a RP and SD.

Rampage

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Garchomp.I never really got the chance to use him Competitively because I started playing during the HGSS days and he was already banned.I run a Sub+Dragon Claw set usually after any steel types are dealt with by Tyranitar which also activates Sand Veil.Behind a Sub+Sand Veil Garchomp can eaisly get a Swords Dance and start Dragon Clawing/Earthquake the MetaGame.Jolly to outspeed positive Base 100s.He is usually my late game Sweeper after all Skarmorys, Ferrothorns and Dragon counters are dead.

The Special One

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Recover

This is what my team needed.I was reluctant on adding a Special Sweepr to my team but after trying Latios I want to my words back.Latios is the glue of my team fixing any weakneses I had.Draco Meteor(Keep Spamming through game), HP Fire and Surf are for amazing coverage along with recover for recovery purposes It is working much beter than TTAR for me.

Speedy

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Magic Coat

Deoxys-S is just an amazing lead for Hyper Offense it gets the Momentum going right off the bat.With an amazing speed stat it can always get Dual Screens and Stealth Rock and nobocy can stop me because of Taunt.So most of the time my opponent does not get any hazards up which is great for my team since I have 2 LO users.This lead has been used on an old team of min and worked beautifully and will do the same in Hyper Offense.Max HP also aids in the Setup.

ONE FINAL LOOK

Special Thanks To:
Without them this team would not be here.Thanks a lot guys.​

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Super Awesome Dual Screens Hyper Offense GO!

Yippekayaheeyapakayo! This is a wonderful team! Thanks for including me in your list. I remember helping you with the foundations of this team, and I love how you incorporated Taunt and a Lum Berry into Haxorus. I myself am running Taunt over *filler* on my Haxorus, but I have yet to update my own thread. Now, I'll nitpick the members of your team individually.

Comments in this color.

FCBarcelona said:
Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Lucario is just my favorite Pokemon and when I decided to make a Hyper Offense team I knew he just had to be included.Getting 1-2 swords dance is simple for Lucario with Screen support and the amount of resistances he has.He is not used often and thus players are not prepared for him.Close Combat dents/KOs many Pokemon.Extremespeed If I know I am slower and I cant survive even with screens and Crunch for the Ghost types such as Chandelure.Life Orb+Adamant is for maximum damage output.Steadfast>Inner Focus because i can switch in on Jirachi's Iron head, Mienshao's Fake Outs... both resisted by Lucario for a free +1 Speed.

I love Lucario. I absolutely do. However, I'd say that Inner Focus is the better ability (Justified is nearly useless, even on Terrakion, so that's saying something). Inner Focus lets Lucario set up on common flinch hax abusers such as Choice Scarf Jirachi. For the moves themselves, have you tried Ice Punch over Crunch to nail Gliscor and random dragons that somehow manage to get past your offenses?

Overall, I'm loving this Lucario.
FCBarcelona said:
Haxorus (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Oh Haxorus.... The moment I saw you back in June in that Magazine announcing B/W I really got my hopes up and thank you for keeping them up.Pure Dragon means he can take any Attack under screen because no 4x weakness to Ice.Dragon Dance on Adamant gets him to over 630 attack and over 400 speed.Its easy to get 2 DD's with this guy and if he does and you dont have Steel then its GG.After a +2 Haxorus can 2HKO any pokemon you can name on Adamant.Lum Berry has allowed Haxorus to pull off an Outrage 6-0 sweep many times.Taunt for status and Skarmory.Earthquake for coverage.Due to Mold Breaker pokemon like Gengar dont require me to Outrage and Unaware Quagsire gets a punch in the face too.

Haxorus too stronth. In all seriousness, this Haxorus is a product of genius. Lum Berry is a bit excessive given the usage of Taunt to stop status and setup. I'd prefer Life Orb over Lum Berry. Credit for the thought of LO > Lum goes to ginjaninja. I can't say much else besides sappy comments about my adoration for this set.
FCBarcelona said:
Gyrados (M) @Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Gyrados is the most easy to set up from my 4 sweepers.1 DD and he is ready outspeed a big chunk of the Metagame and raising the Attack by 1 stage for each KO he brings in... Good for him and the team as a whole.Waterfall for STAB, Earthquake for coverage and Ice Fang for Dragons.Jolly to outspeed Jolteon after 1 DD and Life Orb for Maximum Damage output.After 1-2 KOs with a DD in hand most of the time its GG.I am missing Intimidate but Moxie makes it much more easy to set up.

I've never tried MoxieDos. Your comment here has encouraged me to do so. Ice Fang is my only gripe with this set. Stone Edge does better because it grants more neutral coverage. While Ice type moves are appreciated and even cherished, Stone Edge outdoes it on this Gyara. While the accuracy may let you down a bit, it still has my solid recommendation.
FCBarcelona said:
Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Garchomp.I never really got the chance to use him Competitively because I started playing during the HGSS days and he was already banned.I run a Sub+Dragon Claw set usually after any steel types are dealt with by Tyranitar which also activates Sand Veil.Behind a Sub+Sand Veil Garchomp can eaisly get a Swords Dance and start Dragon Clawing/Earthquake the MetaGame.Jolly to outspeed positive Base 100s.He is usually my late game Sweeper after all Skarmorys, Ferrothorns and Dragon counters are dead.

Ah, SubSD Garchomp, how I love and loathe you so. It's because of you that I've grown a love-hate relationship with the sand. I can't say much because you play it in a similar way to the way I play Garchomp. I'd recommend Fire Fang over Substitute, but that's going against what your Garchomp is supposed to do. Take my suggestion about Garchomp in any way.
FCBarcelona said:
Tyranitar (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SAtk / 240 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
Tyranitar is basically my wall breaker and my answer to Skarmory and other Steel types, he usually comes in Mid-Game to seek out any walls.this set using expert-belt is to trick the opponent im running a Scarf/Band set but then catch him off guard for a surprise KO.Superpower, Stone Edge and Pursuit for coverage and Fire Blast for steel types.Max Atk, 16 EV in Sp Atk and 240 in speed really hurt Steel Types with fire blast since I am running hasty, I dont mind the loss in defense because this is HO afterall.

Tyranitar! I'd promote a more bulky spread to take advantage of the Dual screens and Ice Beam to knock Gliscor down from the air. The spread I'm promoting is 252 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SDef with a Sassy nature. If being slow isn't your desire, then consider an alternate spread of 56 Atk / 252 SAtk / 200 Spe with a Hasty nature.
FCBarcelona said:
Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt

Deoxys-S is just an amazing lead for Hyper Offense it gets the Momentum going right off the bat.With an amazing speed stat it can always get Dual Screens and Stealth Rock and nobocy can stop me because of Taunt.So most of the time my opponent does not get any hazards up which is great for my team since I have 2 LO users.This lead has been used on an old team of min and worked beautifully and will do the same in Hyper Offense.Max HP also aids in the Setup.

Magic Coat over Taunt to stop Thundurus? That's all I have to say, because I've used that same Deoxys before.
Good luck!

1.Inner focus is good but lucario hardly takes 7% damage from iron head so basically i get hit get +1 speed then outspeed rachi and kill it but thanks for the suggestion about Ice Punch i am gonna try it

2.Lum is to get at least 4-6 Outrages not to avoid status... thats what taunt is for.But I have experienced a LO Haxorus and it was deadly so yes I i will try it

3.Yes I am willing to give Stone Edge a shot.. seems better

4.Fire Fang is good but I plan to get rid of steels before sending out Chomp.. thanks for the suggestion though

5. 56 Atk / 252 SAtk / 200 Spe WIth Ice beam sounds great

6.Will try Magic Coat

Thanks alot for your help Wario :)

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yea yea I got the VM AND the PM dude was just a little busy :)

However even though its past midnight -_- ill still give this a quick rate

Its a solid team and quite similar to Wario's HO team. I can mainly see hard hitting water types such as Starmie and Rotom W putting your team under quick pressure. In addition, Taunt Thundurus stops your Screen game and threatens your entire team. Personally, I see Gyarados as the weak link here. It struggles to deal with Skarmory (another issue) and it loses to the number #1 most used pokemon in the Metagame, Ferrothorn who can stall you with Leech Seed + protect, Spam Thunder Wave, Spike up or take chunk out with Power Whip. I also feel that it does not really contribute to the team as a whole and somethng else could work better.

Its hard to patch all your weaknesses up but I think a LO Latias (with DM/HP Fire/Surf/Recover) can pseudo check these threats. It has the bulk to take a few Ice attacks even if Screens are not up and can hit the physical walls that give this team trouble with a powerful Draco Meteor. This does however, give you a bit of a dragon double up so ill leave you to figure that out.

Small changes

Seconding Ice Punch on Lucario as its very important in breaking past Gliscor which is a bitch to this team.

Personally, I don't see the need for all that speed on Tar. I'd rather but it all into HP (I know you have screens but bulk is still nice)

Garchomp im a bit hung up on. The set you use is a good one however im not sure if its useful on a team such as yours. Skarmory still walls you to hell and Gliscor can also be a bitch. Not to mention that set is designed to stall for a miss which decreases the time you have to abuse your screens. Seems high risk vs high reward to me as if Garchomps sweep gets stopped then it might just be game. Personally i'd stick to Fire Fang to hit those pesky steels but I guess its up to you.

Hope I helped

Okay I am sure im going to change Garchomp to the classic one with Fire Fang.
I have tried Ice Punch and its working very well.
I have changed Deoxys to Magic Coat>Taunt to thundurus cant touch me :P
I run:
252 Hp/ 240 Atk/ 16 p Atk
Crunch, Stone Edge, Super POwer and Fire Blast on TTar

No Ice beam because I have Gyra and lucario to KO gliscor.

Hmm the Latias does seem great but wont it spoil the HO factor being all physical?

Thanks for the rate.. Im sorry for msging you twice... I understand you were busy

ginganinja pretty much covered everything so i'm gonna back up his suggestions, except i think LO latios could be a bit more efficient because of its extra power (with its already decent natural defense in conjunction with screens, i think you're fine as far as bulk is concerned) and i'd run dragon pulse as the move of choice because draco meteor's special attack drop causes free setups and that is the absolute last thing you want to give out when running a hyper offense team. i also think you could try magic coat > taunt on deoxys because otherwise whimsicott and thundurus, with their priority taunt, could disrupt your whole strategy; with magic coat, you can simply bounce it back at them and set up as usual. good team.

I like this whole thing. I am soon to steal your Haxorus set because it is so good. Lucario is my second favorite Pokemon, close behind Infernape. I personally use Special Attack, as it is almost always unexpected. Great team though, I say 8/10

Yeah, I'd have to say that having 1 special-based attack (Fire Blast on Tyranitar) is probably not enough, while a lot of your physical attackers overlap excessively. I would definitely either replace one of the physical attackers with a special attacker or run mixed or special sets on the ones you have (if possible).

It seems like swords dance scizor can give you a lot of trouble, even without a dance. CB Scizor gives you some problems too. Gyarados could easily wall it before, but right now I'm not sure if you can deal with it. Conkledurr might be something of a problem as well if it gets some bulk ups. Otherwise though, I really like the team.

SDZor usually gets attracted to my Outraging Haxorus early game.. takes 40-50% from +1 Outrage.Garchomp can take a +1 BP and KO with Fire Fang

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)