Re-used poketunes and general discussion

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Although pokemon is a handheld game, and as such you will often have the sound off, pokemon has some amazing music in it, that will often go unappreciated. This is a thread where you can talk about pokemusic, your favorite tunes and why they are so great. While nostalgia is a reason, we will want tunes both old and new being discussed here. If people find it a good idea, I could also put up a new route's music or kind of music if discussion drops, and will take suggestions for what tune to put up.

Another interesting topic I thought would be good for this thread though, is the pokemon themes re-used from game to game. While they are few and far away, I think it would be great to put your findings in here. While the legendary pokemon remixes are good, what about these two I noticed:
1) The desert route's theme in pokemon emerald is used again in the under-ground for diamond and pearl. I can't quite figure out whether it is a remix or not, they sound really similar but they are also different in some way so I don't know.
2) The guide gent's theme as it is most commonly known as was used when professor juniper is giving you a tour of the accumula city pokemon centre at the beginning of black and white. It is not a remix and is exactly the same, and I for one only noticed it about a month ago, but of my circle of friends who play pokemon none of them noticed and were pretty surprised when I showed it to them. I don't know if any of you spotted this either, but in my opinion it is a great tune and should keep being recycled!

Well there you go, if there are tunes that are especially popular I will put them below, but this isn't a place to go "yeah, route 3256442's tune is awesome because it has guitars in it" and then for you to never post again, I hope this will become and active thread of discussion for the OI community! I will also let you talk before putting up the first tune, maybe making a comment voting for a tune.

Popular poketunes:
Post one! :D

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
As long as this 5-page thread exists, and it's barely been two weeks since it was last posted in, I don't see the point of making a new one. All points presented in the old thread are still valid. We wouldn't gain anything by repeating them here.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I did look as well ?_?
Also, to be fair you kind of didn't need to bump this thread to explain it should be locked. Also this was going to be some kind of game anyway, if you read the OP. I may as well introduce the first theme and see if this thread gets locked.
Gen 1 pokemon gym battle theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXYcD7i9W3U

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)