Tiberium (Drapion) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Taunt
- Protect
My favorite poison type and the inspiration for this team, Drapion has great coverage against deadly psychic types and forms an anti-Psychic core with Skuntank. Named after the highly toxic but extremely powerful element from Command and Conquer fame, Drapion also works with Amoonguss and Toxapex to shutdown setup sweepers with Taunt and Knock Off. Poison Jab can help deal with beefier foes if Toxic is unavailable by spreading around the poison status with its 30% chance to poison.

1653591037793.png

Phazon (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover
Named after an extragalactic mutagen from the Metroid series, Toxapex forms a stalling and shutdown core with Amoonguss, being able to chain together Regenerator and Haze to shut down shutdown sweepers together with Amoonguss's Spore. In addition to forming a deadly protective core it also uses Toxic to deal with walls and Scald to help deal with physical attackers.

1653591235727.png

Chaos Spray (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Synthesis
Named after a mentally-altering chemical weapon in
Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, Amoonguss forms a core with Toxapex to shutdown setup sweepers and stall. It finds most of its success in the endgame, although in the midgame can combine Spore with Foul Play, Toxapex's Haze, or just forcing a foe to switch out to shut up setup sweepers such as Cloyster or Choice Pokémon that it can handle with its high HP stat.

1653591634402.png

Chemical X (Weezing-Galar) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Strange Steam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Pain Split
Named after the chemical used to create the Powerpuff Girls, Weezing can shut down ground types which would prove devestating to the team as a whole (especially Gengar and Drapion) with Levitate and Will-O-Wisp while also being one of two Pokémon that help deal with hazards alongside Skuntank. Pain Split can keep Weezing in the fight for longer, and Strange Steam's chance to confuse can serve a clutch role.

1653591605535.png

Joker Venom (Gengar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
Gengar serves the same role it does on my Ghost team; a late-game sweeper that can shut down threats. Unlike the Ghost team, however, Gengar can also help shut down deadly Steel types with Focus Blast and other Poison types with Dazzling Gleam. Shadow Ball also helps deal with Ghost types such as Aegislash, which Gengar can usually tank an Iron Head from or deal enough damage to get another stronger attacker to switch in and deal with it.

1653591899696.png

The Ooze (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Defog
- Protect
Named after the mutagenic substance that created the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Skuntank works with Drapion to provide poison spreads and type coverage while also dealing with hazards with Weezing. Aftermath helps deal significant damage or even kill sweepers not taken down by a Sucker Punch while Protect can help chip on a bit more poison damage.

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Taunt
- Protect

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Synthesis

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Strange Steam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Pain Split

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Defog
- Protect

Hey, nice work on the Poison team! I have a couple suggestions that will round out your coverage and should help you win more match ups.

:Drapion::Skuntank: -> :Nidoking:
They are both cool, but they both also fill the same role. I'd pick one or the other. This frees up a team slot which Poison desperately needs as it can't cover everything in 6 slots as it stands. Regardless of which you go with, I'd add Nidoking. It has a relatively good speed tier, amazing coverage and helps pressure stuff like Flying and Steel which could otherwise be problematic.
Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 27 Def
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock / Thunderbolt / Sludge Wave / Substitute

:Weezing-Galar:
First, I think you might be better off with a Special Defense EV spread. This makes Weezing bulky on both sides and you should be fine on the physical side between Amoonguss and Toxapex.

:Gengar:
I personally am not a huge fan of Gengar on Poison right now, but that doesn't mean it can't work. I would however suggest dropping Dazzling Gleam for Trick or Thunderbolt. Trick allows you to cripple defensive cores and Thunderbolt is great coverage for Flying. Dazzling Gleam doesn't actually do much on Poison, especially with Galarian Weezing on your team.

:Skuntank:
If Skuntank is checking Psychic-types you'll want to use Crunch instead of Sucker Punch because you won't be blocked by Psychic Terrain. If you do decide to go with Skuntank, you can drop Defog since it's already covered on Weezing. You could use Toxic, Flamethrower Substitute or Sucker Punch.

Other than those minor changes the team looks pretty good. Good luck and I hope these changes help!

Hey, nice work on the Poison team! I have a couple suggestions that will round out your coverage and should help you win more match ups.

:Drapion::Skuntank: -> :Nidoking:
They are both cool, but they both also fill the same role. I'd pick one or the other. This frees up a team slot which Poison desperately needs as it can't cover everything in 6 slots as it stands. Regardless of which you go with, I'd add Nidoking. It has a relatively good speed tier, amazing coverage and helps pressure stuff like Flying and Steel which could otherwise be problematic.
Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 27 Def
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock / Thunderbolt / Sludge Wave / Substitute

:Weezing-Galar:
First, I think you might be better off with a Special Defense EV spread. This makes Weezing bulky on both sides and you should be fine on the physical side between Amoonguss and Toxapex.

:Gengar:
I personally am not a huge fan of Gengar on Poison right now, but that doesn't mean it can't work. I would however suggest dropping Dazzling Gleam for Trick or Thunderbolt. Trick allows you to cripple defensive cores and Thunderbolt is great coverage for Flying. Dazzling Gleam doesn't actually do much on Poison, especially with Galarian Weezing on your team.

:Skuntank:
If Skuntank is checking Psychic-types you'll want to use Crunch instead of Sucker Punch because you won't be blocked by Psychic Terrain. If you do decide to go with Skuntank, you can drop Defog since it's already covered on Weezing. You could use Toxic, Flamethrower Substitute or Sucker Punch.

Other than those minor changes the team looks pretty good. Good luck and I hope these changes help!
Thanks for the replies!

Generally, if you had to replace either Drapion or Skuntank, which one would you replace with Nido? I'm leaning towards Skuntank since Drapion overall has proven a bit more useful. Trick instead of Dazzling Gleam is also something I didn't even think about. Thanks for the comments!

Thanks for the replies!

Generally, if you had to replace either Drapion or Skuntank, which one would you replace with Nido? I'm leaning towards Skuntank since Drapion overall has proven a bit more useful. Trick instead of Dazzling Gleam is also something I didn't even think about. Thanks for the comments!
I prefer using Drapion as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)