Really hard challenge for ORAS?

Do you enjoy self imposed rules for your pokemon playthroughs (like the nuzlocke challenge)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible challenge for OR/AS?

I was thinking of getting my starter and 5 other pokémons and as soon as possible wonder trading them all, then play through the game with only those 6 pokémons I got from wonder trade.
Edit: Like a wonderlocke. I should start looking up whether things exist before posting.

Possible ruleset:
  1. You can catch any pokemon you want, but you are not allowed to use them until you complete this challenge.
  2. When a pokemon faints it is dead like in the nuzlocke challenge. Catch a new pokemon and wonder trade it for your replacement.
  3. You cannot use the pokemon center, to heal your pokemon use items like potions and ethers.
  4. Revives found in game that are on renewable (that you can't go back and repeat the proccess for more revives) can be used to heal dead pokemon.

Does that seem like it would be hard?
What rules could be added or modified to make it harder?

Edit: Trying to make this look nicer, my first post were iv'e used title, bold, ect, to look nicer.
Can I add spoilers from editting this from an ipad? Also just playing around with editting options to get used to them.

Last edited:
I usually just switch the Battle Style from 'Shift' to 'Set'. So no free switches into an opponent's next Pokémon. If I want to switch, either hard switch on my next turn or U-Turn/Volt Switch/Baton Pass. Makes every battle just a bit more challenging.

Wonder if anyone has ever done a 'Setlocke'. Basically change the battle style as stated above.

Side note: I use the same number of Pokés in battle as a Gym Leader has, to give it more of a gym battle feel.

I usually just switch the Battle Style from 'Shift' to 'Set'. So no free switches into an opponent's next Pokémon. If I want to switch, either hard switch on my next turn or U-Turn/Volt Switch/Baton Pass. Makes every battle just a bit more challenging.

Wonder if anyone has ever done a 'Setlocke'. Basically change the battle style as stated above.

Side note: I use the same number of Pokés in battle as a Gym Leader has, to give it more of a gym battle feel.
It's a common extra rule.

Hey TehPlayer if you are looking for a hard challenge :D
I usually go with the following ruleset:
Pokemon loose their trust and will not battle for you when they:
...faint.
...are boxed.
...get healed by strangers. This rule can be adopted to not apply for forced healings during the storyline.
...faint a wild Pokemon.

and you may not buy any items.

With these rules the game is tough in the beginning(low amount of healing items) and stays hard throughout the storyline(PP issues) but you can catch any Pokemon you like and build up strategies for every step you take. You will learn a lot about in game performance of Pokemon and might discover hidden gems. Makes a very fun and versatile challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)