Gen 3 Really? No one has anything to say? Fine another RMT[UU]

You people are boring, but here it is! Another one of my billion uu teams, probably 4th/3rd best.

Ampharos (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Counter
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt

I used to lead with magmar since its fast and can sunny day on a switch, but then i realized my Glaring normal CBer weak, which is common on any uu team without golem or solrock/lunatone. This can pretty much take any hit, and counter it for the KO, minus a couple stab EQs such as adamant nidoking and SD'd gligar/sandslash. I like to set up reflect asap because of this physical weak.

Magmar (M) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sunny Day
- Thunderpunch

This guy is so fun i just randomly thought of it after using a charizard in ou. It doesnt have Blaze but it is fast for uu and has as a pretty strong spA stat. Thunderpunch does help due to water being resistant to fire, And also i may add most bulky waters surfs do 42-49% in sunny day, if they surf again i go into Petaya and i can usually kill them, and any slower non fire resistant pokemon in one hit. Hypno needs to be at full, with 100% hp and max hp evs with at least 40Sdef evs to survive fire blast. Altaria sucks :(. Im Debating to switch to HP ice because of Altaria, and is a certain ohko on gligar without petaya or sunny day. Part of the Fun is trying to land your hp on less then 25% without substitute or endure.

Granbull (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Heal Bell
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave

Heal Beller, physical Attacker, Can take a couple physical hits as well to help with the physical weakness on this team with intimidate and some Defense evs. as can take a couple special hits.

Nidoking (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn
- Sludge Bomb

CB quake does so much to anything not resistant(even some resistant). Megahorn owns those anoying solrock and lunatone switch ins. SludgeBomb hurts grasses as much as megahorn but hits more, and has that poison chance, it still also really hurts everything, and i dont beleive there are any steal types in UU. Its Icebeam OHkos gligar

Pinsir (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Wierd EVs, it is ev'd to barely survive a bulky gligars SD'd HP flying, as well as other things, it sets up for salac this way. Some Weaker pokemon allow me to get more than one Swords dance so Pinsir can wreck a whole team, it hates Gligar alot, as does this whole team.

Bellossom (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Spd / 68 SAtk / 148 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Razor Leaf
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

I origionally thought it would be cool to use Solar beam and just switch to it after magmar sunny days, but it didnt happen enough, and no STAB attack when there was no sun out=bad. This pokemon is my special wall, kind of like a worse Vileplume, but it has HP fire because it still gets the speed bonus if it HAPPEns to be out when the sun is, and it hits enemy Grasses which annoy the shit out of me. Synthesis so it can switch into other grasses and not rely on leach seed for healing.

Thanks in Advance, keep in mind this was the 3rd team i made, and i never use the same pokemon twice because its way more fun this way :).

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
You people are boring, but here it is! Another one of my billion uu teams, probably 4th/3rd best.

Ampharos (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Counter
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt

I used to lead with magmar since its fast and can sunny day on a switch, but then i realized my Glaring normal CBer weak, which is common on any uu team without golem or solrock/lunatone. This can pretty much take any hit, and counter it for the KO, minus a couple stab EQs such as adamant nidoking and SD'd gligar/sandslash. I like to set up reflect asap because of this physical weak.

Eh, Reflect kinda defeats the point of Counter, regardless of if you're trying to eat EQs for Counter. IMO drop Reflect for Light Screen, or Counter for Rest/Thunder Wave. If that works for you, though, then fine. Consider HP Grass over Ice so that Lanturn doesn't run over you. Granbull with Reflect support should be enough to scare Gligar away to make up for that.

Magmar (M) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sunny Day
- Thunderpunch

This guy is so fun i just randomly thought of it after using a charizard in ou. It doesnt have Blaze but it is fast for uu and has as a pretty strong spA stat. Thunderpunch does help due to water being resistant to fire, And also i may add most bulky waters surfs do 42% in sunny day, if they surf again i go into Petaya and i can usually kill them, and any slower non fire resistant pokemon in one hit. Altaria sucks :(

I'll take Sub over Sunny Day any day. Having a sweeper statused, even with a cleric on the team, isn't an overall good look. If anything you can drop Synthesis for Sunny Day on Bellossom. More on that when I get to it.

Granbull (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Heal Bell
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave

Heal Beller, physical Attacker, Can take a couple physical hits as well to help with the physical weakness on this team with intimidate and some Defense evs. as can take a couple special hits.

Go with Adamant or Impish. You're thinking too hard about EVs/Natures. If Banette is that much of an issue for you, consider changing the team around so that you can include Camerupt or maybe even Sharpedo. This allows you to use Earthquake instead. If Shadow Ball helps you more with Lunatone/Solrock, consider buffing up Bellossom's physical Defense to take more hits from Golem or switch Pinsir for a bulky water.

Nidoking (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn
- Sludge Bomb

CB quake does so much to anything not resistant(even some resistant). Megahorn owns those anoying solrock and lunatone switch ins. SludgeBomb hurts grasses as much as megahorn but hits more, and has that poison chance, it still also really hurts everything, and i dont beleive there are any steal types in UU. Its Icebeam OHkos gligar

If you're going to use any special attack on Nidoking, you might as well use Leftovers. Tbh, if you use Double-Edge/Rock Slide over Ice Beam, Gligar shouldn't really get the chance to be a threat to you to want to predict it switching in. My personal set choice is Earthquake, Ice Beam, Megahorn, Fire Blast/Thunderbolt with Leftovers. CB is fine, but the mixed set is there for consideration.

Pinsir (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Wierd EVs, it is ev'd to barely survive a bulky gligars SD'd HP flying, as well as other things, it sets up for salac this way. Some Weaker pokemon allow me to get more than one Swords dance so Pinsir can wreck a whole team, it hates Gligar alot, as does this whole team.

CB Flyer/Bulky Water should probably go here.

Bellossom (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Spd / 68 SAtk / 148 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Razor Leaf
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

I origionally thought it would be cool to use Solar beam and just switch to it after magmar sunny days, but it didnt happen enough, and no STAB attack when there was no sun out=bad. This pokemon is my special wall, kind of like a worse Vileplume, but it has HP fire because it still gets the speed bonus if it HAPPEns to be out when the sun is, and it hits enemy Grasses which annoy the shit out of me. Synthesis so it can switch into other grasses and not rely on leach seed for healing.

Sunny Day over Synthesis and your problem is solved.

Thanks in Advance, keep in mind this was the 3rd team i made, and i never use the same pokemon twice because its way more fun this way :).
Ok, here's my main thought. Your team is setup to be quick and offensive. However, you're trying to trade speed for defenses and countering Gligar. That's no good. With a team this offensive, you should hit hard and run fast. As long as you have at least 3 Pokemon that can take down 2-3 Pokemon by themselves, you shouldn't have issues making sacrifices during the game every once in a while.

That said, you might want something that can Explode. Electrode over Ampharos or Shiftry over Bellossom come to mind.

Regarding Nidoking:

All very true. Except Sludge Bomb w/ STAB hurts Grass types and neutral types more than Megahorn (135 vs. 120 relative damage) just to clarify. There sure aren't many "Steal" types in UU.

Give Pinsir some Attack EVs with Adamant.

Get a Flying type or Levitator on this team!!! Don't disregard how much Spikes can hurt all of your Pokes, with Synthesis on Bellossom as the only way to recover. Not to mention the CB Nidoking weak. As you pointed out HeYsUp--even its EQ will hit surprisingly hard against your very own Pinsir and Bellossom, who are supposed to take little by resisting it.

You both bring up many good points, Counter is there so it can catch physical attackers and ohko back, Reflect is so that if they HAPPEN to switch in CB nidoking or ground of any type, i can ohko it back wth reflect up. It also helps the team alot so it can set up or do whatever.

I thought about the sunny day set on Bellosom, but tbh it needs healing of some sort otherwise it doesnt work well as a special wall/Vileplume counter. Which brings me to why i like sunny day on magmar, its because waters are such a common switch to him, and he can usually take them out if they come in on the sunny day or switch to bellosom who will scare them off, or have them die or get slept, i wouldnt mind getting status'd either because a STAB Sunny day fire blast coming from 300SPA hurts in uu, alot, on pretty much anything and then i can heal bell it at some point.

That being said.....i COULD switch meganium in for Bellosom to take some physical hits, set up LS and do whatever, BUT i lose sleep.

Shadowball is just for type coverage, and it stops CM missy which is getting common.

I could also Switch Pinsir for Gligar to have a flyer there, or even Blastoise so i can spin away spikes, and have a defensive water, but i lose alot of offense there, which i guess is ok.

If i keep pinsir i dont want to switch it too much, i ev'd it to survive certain attacks to activate salac and hopefully sweep, it is evd to take 3-4 CB nido eqs, 2-3 if adamant.

Most gligars are Bulky lately, so ROck slide doesnt even 3hko usually for nidoking.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Meganium would be so sexy, but you lose so much power and slow down the game. Also, I wouldn't worry about having a Vileplume counter - What's Vileplume going to switch in on from this team? Thunderbolt, maybe? That's about it. Everything else on this team will destroy it within 1-2 turns.

IMO Muk/Camerupt have potential over Nidoking/Magmar if you want to focus more on taking special hits all day, but I really believe you should try and focus on the risk/reward aspect of your offense considering what you already have down.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well I meant losing Sunnybeam (since you could easily use that over Razor Leaf), so my mind was on another track. Sumimasen.

Bellosom was meant to be more defensive, without relying on sunny day, if i wanted a sunny beamer id probably go with shiftry or something, my question is do i want to lose sleep?
I could switch HP fire for stun spore as well. If i can Sleep gligar then its great for the team because that allows Pinsir/Nidoking to dominate most teams. Magmar can wreck everything else pretty much.

Im not quite sure what you mean...but ill try to answer anyway.

If they dont have a heal bell/aromatherapy i want to sleep their Gligar or Sweeper that i may have trouble countering or other things that counter my sweepers. If they do have a heal beller i want to sleep that and paralyze other pokemon with granbull and Bellosom if i decide to use stun spore over HP Fire.

If thats not what you meant try to re-word it.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, I don't have access to NB atm to even TRY to make a team, so sorry.

hmm thats a legit excuse i guess :(. But if no one else has anything to say, i may as well move on to my next team :).

Edit: i changed Pinsir to sub Flailquake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)