SS OU Really want to keep the slow bois, but I am open to just keeping one.

Hello my people I really like the Slow bois and I want keep the team revolving around both or at least one if both are seen as that bad. The team feels really good most of the time but late game can feel like a real hit or miss.

:ss/slowbro:

Slowbro (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off
- Body Press

Slowbro feels really good, Future Sight really cracks open opposing walls and threats so I can finish them off with another mon. I have put zero speed Ivs and a negative speed nature as I want to capitalize on Slowbro's slow pivot. I run colbur berry to lure Weavile so that I can open opportunities for Dragapult and Tornadus with body press. Slowbro has so far been my most consistent mon game in and game out. If need be I would prefer keeping Slowbro over G-Slowking.

:ss/slowking-galar:

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 124 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

Slowking is is my special defensive wall and helps check many threats to slowbro. I run assault vest and though it really helps with fighting back against strong special attackers running specs or scarf, the lack of offensive pressure and the fact I have to hard switch gives many opponents free setup turns. I went with Scald over Flamethrower as water type attacks is something the team lacks.

:ss/tornadus-therian:

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Defog
- U-turn

Tornadus is here to handle rocks and other hazards. U-turn helps build momentum for the team as a faster pivot. A plus speed nature and max EVs ensures that it outruns almost the entire tier unless they are scarfed. Knock off help soften walls and lowers the threat of choice sweepers unless they outspeed tornadus. Hurricane alongside defog is very powerful making the move less of a hail mary if the opponent decides to stay in on the evasion drop.

:ss/dragapult:

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn

Dragapult is my main revenge killer. After slowbro uses future sight dragapult is almost ensured a K/O with a Draco. Shadow ball and flamethrower are very reliable STAB and coverage option mainly keeping Ferro at bay. Timid nature helps with revenge killing most non scarfed mons and allows dargapult to build a lot of momentum alongside tornadus.

:ss/buzzwole:

Buzzwole @ Eject Pack
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Leech Life
- Outrage

Buzzwole is a really good target to go into after a Slowbro teleport in most situations. Close combat and eject pack though only a one time use during each game is very impactful especially if the opponent switched into a non-immune mon. Earthquake and Outrage are great coverage moves though Outrage does lock and confuse Buzzwole which can get it taken out. Leech life offers good stab and recovery once the opportunity presents itself.

:ss/garchomp:

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

Garchomp performs really well in the team, Toxic and protect opens up some toxic stall shenanigan's if the opportunity presents itself and it allows chomp to scout out the opposing team. Stealth rock is strong as always in a singles format. Earthquake is my stab of choice though Stone edge and Rock slide seem to be really good options especially due to the teams lack of flying type coverage. Leftovers for longevity and Rough Skin for chip, though I feel like I can get more value out of rocky helmet.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on what to improve teambuilding wise. This is the first time I'm really trying to get into competitive so I understand that the late game issues may just be on my end.

I like it this team i Would recomend only having one psychic type makes it weak to ghost and dark types if your opponent has blacephalon this team is stuffed outrage on buzzwole is good on paper but not in game play id recommend dual wing beat on buzzwole and this team has no sweeper you could try giving buzzwole max speed and choice scarfing it and you could replace slowking galar with a dark type like crawdaunt to deal dmg and break some walls I have made some updates to the team here’s the pokepaste for the new team https://pokepast.es/e342e3dbbde7af37 hope I helped :Slowbro::Tyranitar: :garchomp: :buzzwole::dragapult: :Tornadus-therian:

Last edited:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Crawdaunt doesn't really do a good job checking offensive Ghosts or Darks, which is Tyranitar's job. Sure it resists their STAB but it lacks longevity and can easily be taken down by repeated attacks or a Draco Meteor.

I think remove slowking and give it a ttar bc there is also a dragapult if ttar dies you lose the game I would remove slowking and replace it with ttar

Hello my people I really like the Slow bois and I want keep the team revolving around both or at least one if both are seen as that bad. The team feels really good most of the time but late game can feel like a real hit or miss.

:ss/slowbro:

Slowbro (F) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off
- Body Press

Slowbro feels really good, Future Sight really cracks open opposing walls and threats so I can finish them off with another mon. I have put zero speed Ivs and a negative speed nature as I want to capitalize on Slowbro's slow pivot. I run colbur berry to lure Weavile so that I can open opportunities for Dragapult and Tornadus with body press. Slowbro has so far been my most consistent mon game in and game out. If need be I would prefer keeping Slowbro over G-Slowking.

:ss/slowking-galar:

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 124 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

Slowking is is my special defensive wall and helps check many threats to slowbro. I run assault vest and though it really helps with fighting back against strong special attackers running specs or scarf, the lack of offensive pressure and the fact I have to hard switch gives many opponents free setup turns. I went with Scald over Flamethrower as water type attacks is something the team lacks.

:ss/tornadus-therian:

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Defog
- U-turn

Tornadus is here to handle rocks and other hazards. U-turn helps build momentum for the team as a faster pivot. A plus speed nature and max EVs ensures that it outruns almost the entire tier unless they are scarfed. Knock off help soften walls and lowers the threat of choice sweepers unless they outspeed tornadus. Hurricane alongside defog is very powerful making the move less of a hail mary if the opponent decides to stay in on the evasion drop.

:ss/dragapult:

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn

Dragapult is my main revenge killer. After slowbro uses future sight dragapult is almost ensured a K/O with a Draco. Shadow ball and flamethrower are very reliable STAB and coverage option mainly keeping Ferro at bay. Timid nature helps with revenge killing most non scarfed mons and allows dargapult to build a lot of momentum alongside tornadus.

:ss/buzzwole:

Buzzwole @ Eject Pack
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Leech Life
- Outrage

Buzzwole is a really good target to go into after a Slowbro teleport in most situations. Close combat and eject pack though only a one time use during each game is very impactful especially if the opponent switched into a non-immune mon. Earthquake and Outrage are great coverage moves though Outrage does lock and confuse Buzzwole which can get it taken out. Leech life offers good stab and recovery once the opportunity presents itself.

:ss/garchomp:

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

Garchomp performs really well in the team, Toxic and protect opens up some toxic stall shenanigan's if the opportunity presents itself and it allows chomp to scout out the opposing team. Stealth rock is strong as always in a singles format. Earthquake is my stab of choice though Stone edge and Rock slide seem to be really good options especially due to the teams lack of flying type coverage. Leftovers for longevity and Rough Skin for chip, though I feel like I can get more value out of rocky helmet.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on what to improve teambuilding wise. This is the first time I'm really trying to get into competitive so I understand that the late game issues may just be on my end.
I like this team, but plus 1 SD weavile auto destroys it. Your gonna struggle against it. Bisharp will also be a problem I'd assume. I think the team suffers to deeply from ice and dark mons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)