SM OU Reborn

BCBE3BA2-29C7-4714-8B35-2D3EDC379682.gif
CA0128A1-D934-4C70-AF19-6BA2A97DC757.gif
D95DE2DC-A65A-41A2-A03B-F9FFB27041C8.gif
C78263E2-64B4-4655-B1D7-78D0A5AA58D1.gif
84438C9F-F9C3-465E-BFD6-5AE148AF2996.gif
D3DF738C-3D27-4105-8ABB-18F87720FBDA.gif

Before we get into the team I must tell you a story...
A story of young wci. (Edit forgot to say my new account is reborn wci)
Once opon a time there was a pokemon showdown player. His name was wci. Wci loved pokemon showdown. He played it everyday. Untill...
Some thing happened to wci. He stoped. The big smile on his face. From playing pokemon showdown. Was gone. He had quit. And along the time he quit something had happened. Wci then found pokemon showdown again. Everything improved. The smile on his face was coming back. He was cured. He has learned lots of things. He was improved. He was reborn..

Now that you know the story of young wci. Now we are going to use reborn wci’s improvements to explain a team for even more improvements.

I wanted to build a balance team but I didn’t know who to build around so I first added chansey. She is a very bulky spdef tank able to tank almost any special attack. Then I added physically defensive toxapex and ferrothorn to check chansey threats like Zard, Zygrade, weevile and more! I didn’t want to lose to pokemon like rain swampert or mega medi, so I added koko specs koko with grass knot to deal with them. Then I added gliscor for ground types like scarf lando. He also helps with lopunny without ice punch, stalling ferrothorn, and koko. He is a very realiable defogger because I have chansey for any special attacker and toxapex to cover ice types. Since ferrothorn is a threat and other balance teams can be annoying I added hoopa to break through the pokemon that is hard to beat.

Now lets get into the team.​
84438C9F-F9C3-465E-BFD6-5AE148AF2996.gif

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

The first member of my team is chansey. She can tank any special attack. Because special attackers can’t do much when I have chansey they will switch. This allows me to get free stealth rocks which is very helpful for my team. It needs the chip damage everytime my opponents mon switches. Not only when my opponent switches I can get up rocks, but I also can get a free toxic. My team isn’t the attackiest team ever. It’s more of a healing and stalling team so the toxic really helps out.

D3DF738C-3D27-4105-8ABB-18F87720FBDA.gif

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

The next member of my team is toxapex. His ev spread is max defense because I have chansey for special attackers. He helps vs fighting types which can deal a good bit of damage to my team. Haze is for setup mons like power up punch lopunny, and charizard x. His rengenerator ability is so useful. Allow me to keep switching to physical attackers doing a good bit of damage to pex and just hazing if there setup. Scald is for burn and removing subs. Toxic spikes is for chip damage. My team needs it! It helps me take out threats and just taking out mons in general.

CA0128A1-D934-4C70-AF19-6BA2A97DC757.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is supposed to check everything that toxapex can’t. Ferrothorn helps vs rain and ground types. Leech seed just adds more recovery witch means more stalling :D He is max defense like toxapex because again he is supposed to check everything toxapex can’t. Power whip is great for water types if they stay in. Protect is for extra healing and to see what move my opponent will do. Ferro checks physical psychic types and my last move is gyro ball because it helps vs ice types, fairy types, and fast pokemon.

BCBE3BA2-29C7-4714-8B35-2D3EDC379682.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 130 Def / 110 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Gliscor deals with heatran. Heatran traps ferrothorn, chansey and pex. U turn is for pokemon who can’t really beat gliscor in a 1v1. So they’ll switch and that easily gives me momentum. If my opponent has a mew out with no ice beam, I’ll use u turn and bring ou the koko to deal with there meda champ. It’s better then nothing. Gliscor helps with scarf lando because he’s a flying type and other scarfed ground types. He is my defoger because the Pokémon’s who can’t beat him will switch and I get a free defog. He is a switch in and stalls ferrothorn since the toxic orb recovers the leech seed damage. Ferrothorn won’t really hurt you so you can defog as much as you want.

D95DE2DC-A65A-41A2-A03B-F9FFB27041C8.gif

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Koko deals with the threats to my team. Grass knot is for rain swampert making me only have Tom worry about kingdra Andy I have chansey for that. Volt switch great move for switching to one of my tanks. He deals with pex, he has volt switch so I can switch To hoopa to deal with ferrothorn. He helps vs greninja although I have chansey. Dark types. He can deal some damage to lele making her easy to deal with. I think he’s pretty good for the team.

C78263E2-64B4-4655-B1D7-78D0A5AA58D1.gif

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch

Finally, hoopa is my stall breaker since stall or balance is annoying to face with this team. Hyperspace fury bypasses protect making hoopa useful for ferrothorn or chansey. Zen headbutt is for pokemon like pex. Drain punch gets me nice recovery if the pokemon im about to kill is low. Fire punch is to make sure ferrothorn dies.

And that’s it! Feel free to comment any suggestions. I’m still learning alot. Heres the paste of the team https://pokepast.es/d4ae52b955e6501e. Thanks for reading and have a good day. Also here’s a threat list.

Mega medichamp - I have no switch ins. It’s pretty much lose a mon whenever he comes out.
Tapu lele with psyshock - Gliscor, ferrothorn, and toxapex are def tanks. Chansey is spdef. If it’s not scarf or specs then it’s a problem.
Trick room - I have not played again trick room but I still think it’s a threat
Hp ice lando - He can hp ice my gliscor
Ferrothorn - He does a good bit to hoopa. If hoopa dies then ferrothorn can stay in for a long time and hurt my pokemon.

Last edited:
This looks more like a rough draft than a competitive team, but that's alright I have a few suggestions that should help you out without changing your mon's too much. The first would be to swap chansey for hawlucha. Your team is a bit too defensive with chansey, which leaves you open to mon's that can setup and sweep. Ferro, gliscor, and toxapex are good enough together against most threats; plus hawlucha & tapu koko have great synergy.
If you didn't know hawlucha can utilize electric terrain in conjunction with an electric seed to boost its defense to better its chances of completing a sweep.

The next few things are moveset/ev changes. The first is to give gliscor an ev spread of 244 Hp / 152 SpD / 112 Spe, the extra speed is so gliscor can outspeed max spe heatran. The hp evs meet a benchmark for maximum toxic heal recovery and the rest was dumped into spdef; which is good because gliscor will need to switch in to outliers that toxapex and ferrothorn can't handle. I'd suggest Taunt > U-turn to prevent mon's like ferrothorn from placing entry hazards but U-turn could provide good utility so that's up to you. Toxic is also a great option for mon's that think they can come in for free. The spread for ferrothorn is decent for this team because gliscor is the first option for threats like landous-t but if you feel you need a bit more def to better check something like zygarde, dump 88 evs into def.

Specs tapu koko is great but its never good being locked into electric type moves, I suggest switching movesets altogether. There's a few different ways you could take this. The offensive shuca berry tapu koko with grass knot > t-bolt or volt switch fits well here. But, you could also switch gliscor to the sd / facade / eq / roost moveset posted on smogon and use defog on tapu koko instead. This will allow you to create more pressure with gliscor. That choice is up to you, I'd experiment with both. I'd normally save this last slot for a choice scarf mon, so that I can have a dedicated revenge killer and some speed control. I recommend that you build future teams with a slot dedicated to this. But anyway, I see you haven't utilized a z-move on the team, z-fight makes it easier for hoopa-u to destroy chansey / ferrothorn. I'd go Psyshock > Psychic for some extra chansey insurance. That's pretty much it bro I hope you experiment with the changes.

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Roost

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Thx for the tips :D I will definitely take note of them.

Alright! I tried the changes and here’s my thoughts. So having choice band on hoopa locks him up with one move. I like the idea of having z hoopa but it does put ferrothorn a little more of a threat. Which is why it’s a great idea to put gliscor with taunt to pressure him more.

Same thing with koko. Him being locked with one move is anyoing. Shuca allows me to deal with scarf lando a bit better and deal with rain swampert better. Roost provides nice healing when when ground types switch thinking I will hp ice and finish them off.

The new gliscor ev spread help alot. It allows me to tank hp ice from scarf lando a bit better. Max speed heatran was a threat. I didn’t go against it in battles.

Finally switching chansey for hawlucha. I’ve haven’t had very many success with this. With gliscor with taunt making me able to deal with stall a bit better I might not need hawlucha. Hawlucha dies to easily for me. Removing chansey means no rocks. More of special attackers being a threat like ash greninja. And overall just opens a lot of special sweepers for the team.

This is my current team I’m rocking. Again thank you very much for the tips :]

Hoopa-Unbound @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)