Reflection Eternal [OU RMT]

Background
This has definitely been of my favorite teams I have ever made. The style of play is more of a semi-stall balance instead of an offensive one. The main goal is to set up entry hazards, annoy, cause switches, and then sweep. This team has raised my CRE to the low 1500's in a few months, even though I don't get on as much as I would like to. And the name of the thread comes from the song I was listening as I made this
thread, relatively random. And now on to the team!

Roserade (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

A simply amazing lead. It gets practically free setups against slower leads, putting them to sleep which allows to get down at least one layer of Toxic Spikes. I normally only get one layer of toxic spikes down because I don't want to leave Roserade in to die, so the second layer usually comes in mid match. For some reason, Scizors and Forretress like switching in to this thing, so Hidden Power Fire is there to take them out. With Lum Metagross leads running rampant, this leads use ability has definetly been lowered.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 54 SAtk / 252 Def / 202 HP
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Ah, Blissey. The pink blob of doom. This set has so many uses. Stealth Rock is used here instead of another pokemon simply because Blissey causes so many switches it almost always finds a free turn to set up rocks. The rest of the moveset is pretty much self explanitory. Max defense is used because, in all honesty, Blissey doesn't need special defense. Her special defense is already great and the defense EVs allow her to survive more. Blissey still functions well as a wall and really helps this team out.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 Atk
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Yeah, you read right. Skarmbliss. A classic combination that still works wonders. The combo of the two allow me to force switches and gradually hurt the pokemon with entry hazards. Skarmory is possibly the best spiker around, even though I don't know how much Pain Split Forretress is going to affect the metagame. Whirlwind is to phaze, ruining some set-up sweepers while also causing entry hazard damage. Shed Shell is there to run away from Magnezone as they can really screw me over. This pokemon just fits in the team well as a wall, spiker, and a phazer.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

Quite possibly the glue of my team. With right prediction, I can switch into a Fire-Type move aimed at Skarmory and hit right back, hard. Also, it does huge mindgames to the opponent, forcing switches. They don't know whether I Fire Blast or Explode, forcing switches causing residual damage. Hidden Power Ice is used because with things like ExtremeSpeed Dragonite running around, switching into one and KO'ing with it is important. Heatran is also my safest switch to Infernape if I can predict a Fire Blast / Flamethrower from it.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Probably the MVP of this team. It's my spin blocker, and a great one at that. The most common spinners, Starmie and Forretress, are both taken out by this guy. In addition, a well predicted Trick onto something like a Blissey pretty much cripples an opposing stall team. It's also my best way around Gyarados and Lucario. It outspeeds bulkydos even after a DD and kills it. Against Lucario, 252 HP makes sure Crunch never OHKO it. Rotom-h functions well as a spinblocker and also as a counter to some of the metagames biggest threats.

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage

My favorite Pokemon on this team. He's a lot bulkier than DD Mence, not to mention not being weak to Stealth Rock. Kingdra also has the amazing Dragon / Water typing, carrying only a weakness to Dragon type. With Toxic Spikes and other entry hazards up, Pokemon weakened or fainted, this guy comes in to take the kill. He finds easy setup against Blisseys, subbing up when they try to status. Outrage and Waterfall provide great type coverage, only being walled by Empoleon in OU, who still gets 2HKO'd after a Dragon Dance or two. The EV spread was suggested by someone a long time ago to do specific things, however I just can't remember at the moment. SubDDKingdra is a very potent late game sweeper that threatens many teams.

Conclusion
Well, that's my team in a nutshell. With the recent addition of HG/SS moves, I'm worried yet excited about the metagame change, allowing new move sets that could potentially change the entire game. I am also worried about the addition of Super Fang on so many Pokemon, as that hurts my team to an incredible amount. Please feel free to change whatever you like to improve this team as much as possible. Thanks in advance!

I will also add a threat list if I find the time.

this is a really nice team but i suggest you make rotom-h a regular defensive rotom-h so you dont just die when Cb tar, (a big threat to this team as you have nothing who can take a CB stone edge as Skarm is 2hko'ed) comes in to pursuit you.

Rotom-h@ leftovers
@252 hp/ 168 Def/ 88 Sp Def
Bold
Will-o-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Overheat

Wisp is important because it allows you to burn Ttar's that love to switch into Scarf Rotom.

this is a really nice team but i suggest you make rotom-h a regular defensive rotom-h so you dont just die when Cb tar, (a big threat to this team as you have nothing who can take a CB stone edge as Skarm is 2hko'ed) comes in to pursuit you.

Rotom-h@ leftovers
@252 hp/ 168 Def/ 88 Sp Def
Bold
Will-o-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Overheat

Wisp is important because it allows you to burn Ttar's that love to switch into Scarf Rotom.
Thanks for the reply, however, that won't work because of Toxic Spikes. With that up, I can't status him anymore.
Any more comments / suggestions ?

I gotta suggestion:
with toxic spikes support Heatran might be replaced by Torment Tran.
This is extremely effective in stall teams.

Heatran @ leftovers/ calm/ flash fire
244 HP, 32 SAtk, 12 SDef, 220 Spe

- substitute
- protect
- torment
- lava plume/ taunt

When substitute is up, Heatran is nor getting touched for a long time!

Overall nice team! ^^

I gotta suggestion:
with toxic spikes support Heatran might be replaced by Torment Tran.
This is extremely effective in stall teams.

Heatran @ leftovers/ calm/ flash fire
244 HP, 32 SAtk, 12 SDef, 220 Spe

- substitute
- protect
- torment
- lava plume/ taunt

When substitute is up, Heatran is nor getting touched for a long time!

Overall nice team! ^^
I might try that. I've been interested in that Torment Tran for a while now, but haven't been able to make it fit in any team of mine. Thanks for the rate!

This is a very well built RMT, and the team itself is good. On Roserade I really think HP Fire can be replaced with HP Ground. There are two reasons. Due to some Metagross still running Occa, it will hit harder. It also hits Heatran. The second reason is that HP Fire lowers Speed whereas HP Ground doesnt.

This means you will be able to outrun all Roserade who run HP Fire and sleep them first. The second, is to replace Heatran with a standard SubTran set:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid
Flash Fire

4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe

Substitute
Toxic
Fire Blast
Earthpower / Dragon Pulse.

Heatran lures bulky waters, and some bulky waters like Gyarados are immune to TS, and so you re able to Poison them, making Kingdra's sweep much easier. It also lures dragons and Toxic can weakne them so Kingdra isnt forced to use outrage against them. On top of them, Rotom is already scarfed, and two scarfers is a bit of an overdose, even on an offensive team.

If you're taking the Scarf off Heatran, you could also consider running Stealth Rock there, freeing up a slot on Blissey to Wish/Protect, or alternatively, Aromatherapy.

Thanks for the rates! I will definitely try the substitute Heatran and maybe the a different set with Stealth Rock. Also, I tried that Torment Tran and it has worked okay. Not too great, but not terrible either. I will add updates when I find them necessary. Thanks for your rates / comments!

Hi.

Currently, your team is weak to two of the most common offensive threats, DD Salamence and Tyranitar being those two. Salamence can switch into a move that it resists like Rotom-H's Overheat and Heatran's Earthpower, and proceed to setup in order to sweep. Tyranitar is even more dangerous to this team, it can switch-in with total ease on both of your choiced Pokemons. Scarf Rotom is an easy target for him, he can come in on any move and use Pursuit. This means that you would loose your Spin Blocker, and your only answer to Gyarados, leaving you vulnerable to DD Gyarados and Rapid Spinners. Heatran is also in that position, as it cannot 2HKO Tyranitar with Earthpower.

I've got two solutions to this problem, it depends if you take things on the defensive or offensive side of the spectrum counter-wise. A decent fix for this would be to use the standard Choice Band Scizor, which deals with Salamence, and makes Tyranitar a lot more manageable, although CB Stone Edges are still going to be a problem. Using Scizor should cover the majority of defensive weaknesses that you have, as well as giving you some pretty useful offensive options, U-turn and Pursuit in particular. If you prefer to take counter things defensively, then I would suggest using MixPert.

Swampert @ Leftovers | Torrent
Relaxed | 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpAtk
Ice Beam/ Earthquake / Stealth Rock / Roar

This Pokemon provides a great answer to both Tyranitar and DD Salamence. Ice Beam hits Salamence for SE damage and provides good coverage alongside Earthquake that provides STAB and counters Tyranitar. Roar helps you against stat uppers that can be dangerous if they get too many boosts. Stealth Rock is a great move in general and it frees up a moveslot on Blissey.

If I was in your position, I would choose to use Swampert, as he would provide a Fire and Rock resist and he can easily switch into Tyranitar and Salamence and hit them with the appropriate move.

Now that you have Stealth Rock Swampert, Blissey has a free moveslot, I would suggest you use Wish in that slot and Protect over Softboiled. The reason I'm suggesting this is simply because you have a lot of bulky Pokemon who lack a recovery move (Rotom-H, Kingdra, and Swampert if you decide to use him). Protect also works great with Toxic Spikes as it allows you to easily stall out the opponent.

Well, that's my rate. Good luck with your team.

I would like to point out that on kingdra you have swift swim with no rain. I would suggest that you either switch it to sniper or put rain dance on a poke so that kingdra can sweep better.

I would like to point out that on kingdra you have swift swim with no rain. I would suggest that you either switch it to sniper or put rain dance on a poke so that kingdra can sweep better.

Swift swim is a better option for faring against rain dance teams with ease even without a DD. It's a DDkingdra which can work completely fine without rain though so rain isn't needed. It's like the whole oblivious/snow cloak on mamoswine situation.

It's like the whole own tempo/snow cloak on mamoswine situation.
This has nothing to do with the team but Mamoswine doesn't have own tempo, but oblivious. ^^

---------

Also like unclafan said you can't actually do anything to Tyranitar

So I suggest you lead with Smeargle:

Smeargle @ choice scarf/ jolly/ own tempo
252 Spe, 252 HP, 6 Def

- Trick
- Spore
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes/ Explosion/ destiny bond

--> Simple Smeargle suicide-lead. Trick Scarf on opponent while the SR and Spore their switch-in allowing you to set up T-Spikes. Destiny bond lets Smeargle take out a least one foe.

Also, replace Skarmory with Celebi, since that works wonders with Torment Tran:

Celebi @ Leftovers
252 HP, 220 Def, 38 Spe

- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Heal Bell
- Recover

--> Leech Seed adds more to that stall effect. Although you loose your part of your Skarmbliss combo, you get a new combo: Celetran!

Hope this helped ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)