Regigigas Discussion

I need to use that brain thing more often.

What it could do is run Revenge or Payback for coverage. While Revenge covers more of Regigigias's weaknesses and is unaffective on Ghosts, Payback works especially better with Slow Start in play, but it resisted by Steels. Pick your poison.
To boot, he can use Drain Punch to recover. I'll say it again, I enjoy using Regigigas as Ninjask's Baton Pass candidate as it somewhat gets rid of Slow Start. I also find using Facade over Return can be quite useful in the odd situation.

I used Regigigas in RU to get into the top 40 at one point. Once you've taken out all Ghosts (which walled my set of T-Wave/Sub/Return/DP), he's pretty much able to just set up a Sub, paralyze someone, and then just alternate between the two attacks, depending on whether he needs HP or he just needs to kill something.

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Impish (+Def -Satk)
Hp252, def252, 4spdef
~ Knock Off
~ Return
~ Thunder Wave
~ Fire punch/ice punch

Defensive/utility behemoth. spamming Knock offs always annoys, specially versus those wanna-be roarers who get prived of their leftovers. Twave is to cripple the speed and actually outspeeding even under slow start ( and useful parahax ). Return for STAB, Fire/ice punch suprises a lot of ferroseeds/gligar who think they are so smart to try to setup on the face of a regigigas in the case of the former. Gligar is still faster than you , though.

All of the eviolite pokes running rampant through RU get prived of their precious items, giving a chance for the rest of the team to break through them. When Regi "gets it going", one or two opposing pokes are sure severely crippled and/or fainted, if played correctly. At the very least
Toxic-immune partners are advised, aswell as those who don't mind ( or enjoy, via flash fire ) an incoming will-o-wisp from the foe's pokemon
Beware of:
-unburden pokes who might actually enjoy the knock off
-gligar or ferroseed, depends of the punch of choice. Either way, the only thing you can do to them is knocking off their eviolites, and switch out to a proper counter
-misdreavus.
-Any fighting poke will pose a serious threat
Special dangerous threat:
Hitmonlee. You cannot know if they are limber, or unburden, and with dat STAB, Regigigas' days will be numbered.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Regigigas @ Leftovers
Careful (+Sdef -Satk)
252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
~ Substitute
~ Return
~ Thunder Wave
~ Confuse Ray

This is the definitive Regigigas set. Obviously it requires you to remove ghosts and normal resists before trying anything with this set. Basically, you play it like a Tank, a pseudo Miltank so to speak (you can check quite a few special attackers) but the main difference is here is that Regigigas actually has an endgame. Once you get going, you can actually fuck up quite a bit of teams lategame with this set.

Even by RU standard, I wouldn't consider it good, but definitely the best set Regigigas can run imo.

Someone mentioned subpunch, so I thought I'd post the set I used to use with ok results.
Regigigas @ lefties
Adamant (+atk, -spatk)
252 HP/ 252 Atk / 4 Spdef
Substitute
Thunder wave
Focus Punch
Payback

Max Hp for bulky subs because speed is irrelevant with this moveset, max attack because I'm not going to attack in the first five turns anyway, I usually just twave and spam sub until slow start ends. Super weak to status and phazing, so it needs cleric support and don't be stupid and try to set it up when your opponent still has a phazer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)