VGC 21 Regigigas

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]

With its enormous base 160 Attack stat, great defensive stats, and a single weakness, Regigigas rivals even Restricted Pokemon in terms of raw strength and bulk. Regigigas is even capable of firing off continuous 150 Base Power Max Strikes. It also has a fair amount of decent coverage moves including the elemental punches, High Horsepower, and Darkest Lariat. However, it has an obvious downside in Slow Start, making it extremely reliant on Weezing as a partner to remove this burden.

[SET]
name: Offensive
move 1: Giga Impact
move 2: High Horsepower
move 3: Ice Punch / Thunder Punch
move 4: Protect / Thunder Punch / Darkest Lariat
item: Life Orb
ability: Slow Start
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Giga Impact provides a 150 Base Power Max Strike as Regigigas's primary damage dealing option that also drops the opposing Pokemon's Speed as an added bonus.

* High Horsepower is Regigigas's method of breaking through opposing Steel-types such as Zacian-C, Dialga, and Solgaleo that Giga Impact would otherwise struggle to hit. It also boosts its ally's Special Defense with Max Quake, which can be vital for extra survivability against Calyrex-S and Kyogre.

* Ice Punch offers Regigigas a way of breaking through Pokemon such as Landorus-T and Groudon much more easily. Thunder Punch, on the other hand, helps deal with many Pokemon weak to Electric such as Kyogre and Ho-Oh, and it can also set Electric Terrain with Max Lightning to block sleep moves from Venusaur and Amoonguss.

* Protect let Regigigas stall out a few turns of Slow Start when Weezing is not on the field. Darkest Lariat is an additional coverage option that can be used to overcome the likes of Necrozma-DM and Calyrex-I while also ignoring any Defense boosts they may gain from Max Steelspike.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Raineko, 294287]]
- Quality checked by: [[zeefable, 501951], [Netherious, 300598]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:
[OVERVIEW]

With its enormous base 160 Attack stat, great defensive stats and a single weakness, Regigigas rivals even Restricted Pokemon in terms of raw strength and bulk. However, it has an extremely obvious downside in Slow Start, making it extremely reliant on Weezing as a partner to remove this. Despite this, Regigigas is capable of firing off continuous 150BP Max Strikes when given the opportunity to shine. It also has a fair amount of decent coverage moves including the elemental punches, High Horsepower and Darkest Lariat. Even more vitally, Regigigas finally gained access to Protect, allowing it to potentially become relevant in lategames where Weezing has already been KO'd. (Not a huge fan of how this is kind of worded to flip flop between positive and negative. Sentences are fine but i think if you read this over a time or two you'll see what I mean. I would also mention that it is reliant on Dynamax to be most effective.)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Giga Impact provides a 150 Base Power Max Strike as Regigigas's primary damage dealing option, while also dropping the opposing Pokemon's speed with Max Strike as an added bonus.

* High Horsepower is Regigigas's method of breaking through opposing Steel-types such as Zacian-C, Dialga and Solgaleo that Giga Impact would otherwise struggle to hit. It also boosts its ally's Special Defense with Max Quake, which can be vital for extra survivability against Calyrex-S and Kyogre.

* Ice Punch offers Regigigas a way of breaking through Pokemon such as Landorus-T and Groudon (Changed this justification since Yvel is weak to both) Yveltal much easier. Thunder Punch, on the other hand, helps deal with many Pokemon weak to Electric such as Kyogre and Ho-Oh, and can also set Electric Terrain with Max Lightning to block sleep moves from Venusaur and Amoonguss.

* Protect offers Regigigas a way to stall out a few turns of Slow Start when Weezing is not on the field. Darkest Lariat is an additional coverage option that can be used to overcome the likes of Necrozma-DM and Calyrex-I while also ignoring any Defense boosts they may gain from Max Steelspike.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[zeefable, 501951], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
zeefable-QC.gif

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
If we can add mention of Wide Guard somewhere... it’s too useful to not mention having a potential use in a regigigas that is forced to open with slow start and support it’s allies to setup for a sweep. Otherwise QC 2/2

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
If we can add mention of Wide Guard somewhere... it’s too useful to not mention having a potential use in a regigigas that is forced to open with slow start and support it’s allies to setup for a sweep. Otherwise QC 2/2
I spoke to zee about this during QC 1 and we kinda agreed that Wide Guard is okay, but really I don't like mentioning it here. Newer players really should just run this one set, there's no good reason outside of that for them to run anything else tbh.

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I spoke to zee about this during QC 1 and we kinda agreed that Wide Guard is okay, but really I don't like mentioning it here. Newer players really should just run this one set, there's no good reason outside of that for them to run anything else tbh.
We are QC 2/2, I think we overlooked this one lol.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma

[OVERVIEW]

With its enormous base 160 Attack stat, great defensive stats, (AC) and a single weakness, Regigigas rivals even Restricted Pokemon in terms of raw strength and bulk. Regigigas is even capable of firing off continuous 150BP Max Strikes when given the opportunity to shine 150 Base Power Max Strikes. It also has a fair amount of decent coverage moves including the elemental punches, High Horsepower, (AC) and Darkest Lariat. But However, it has an obvious downside in Slow Start, making it extremely reliant on Weezing as a partner to remove this burden. (or whatever)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* Giga Impact provides a 150 Base Power Max Strike as Regigigas's primary damage dealing option, while also dropping that also drops the opposing Pokemon's Speed with Max Strike as an added bonus.

* High Horsepower is Regigigas's method of breaking through opposing Steel-types such as Zacian-C, Dialga, (AC) and Solgaleo that Giga Impact would otherwise struggle to hit. It also boosts its ally's Special Defense with Max Quake, which can be vital for extra survivability against Calyrex-S and Kyogre.

* Ice Punch offers Regigigas a way of breaking through Pokemon such as Landorus-T and Groudon much easier more easily. Thunder Punch, on the other hand, helps deal with many Pokemon weak to Electric such as Kyogre and Ho-Oh, and it can also set Electric Terrain with Max Lightning to block sleep moves from Venusaur and Amoonguss.

* Protect offers Regigigas a way to lets Regigigas stall out a few turns of Slow Start when Weezing is not on the field. Darkest Lariat is an additional coverage option that can be used to overcome the likes of Necrozma-DM and Calyrex-I while also ignoring any Defense boosts they may gain from Max Steelspike.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[zeefable, 501951], [Netherious, 300598]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]
aigis.gif
1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)