Regigigas (Update) [QC: 3/3] [GP: 2/2]

Greetings. I'm posting the skeleton for now while I compile the sets for this behemoth. There is only one set that I know of that works beautifully, so I will add it in for the moment while I test the other sets on-site. They don't look very promising, but we'll see.

I'm Regigigas and I'm E-rank!

[Overview]

<p>Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages: if it isn't the legendary, the all-powerful, the tragically designed behemoth known as Regigigas! With its Uber-worthy stat spread including a gargantuan base Attack stat catching the naked eye, one must not overlook the serious flaws this giant boasts. Equipped with one of the most shallow movepools in the game and a repulsive ability in Slow Start, which halves both Regigigas's Attack and Speed for five whole turns, Regigigas finds itself seeking refuge within the NU territory.</p>

<p>Despite these two crippling attributes, Regigigas should not be quickly dismissed, as it's supplied with the necessary tools to make it competitively bearable and a threat that any team must prepare for. Alongside its excellent overall bulk and sturdy Substitutes, Regigigas is one of the best users of the notorious parafusion strategy, immensely helping it stall out the Slow Start effect whilst taking minimal damage in the process. However, Regigigas still requires heavy team support to ensure success in executing its tactic, and even then, its sheer reliance on parafusion makes it somewhat unreliable as a sweeper.</p>

[SET]
name: One-Hit Wonder
move 1: Thunder Wave
move 2: Confuse Ray
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Return
item: Leftovers
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is by far Regigigas's best and most threatening set available. The combination of Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, and Substitute allows Regigigas to quite easily rid itself of its Slow Start ability and often be guarded behind a Substitute in the end. This is because the nefarious parafusion combo results in only a measly 37.5% chance for the enemy to successfully attack, meaning in the majority of cases, Regigigas will often be setting up bulky Substitutes unscathed. Furthermore, Regigigas's superb overall bulk provides a plethora of opportunities for Regigigas to switch in and begin wreaking havoc. The final moveslot is reserved for Regigigas's most powerful and reliable STAB attack in Return, which when backed up by an overwhelmingly high base Attack stat, ends OHKOing or 2HKOing every NU Pokemon, barring heavily defensive threats, such as Alomomola, Tangela, and Bastiodon, and Ghost-types.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If being walled by defensive Steel- and Rock-types severely concerns you, Drain Punch is available to remedy that issue; however, it's strongly discouraged as forgoing Confuse Ray or Thunder Wave will severely hinder Regigigas's ability to compensate for Slow Start. The EV spread focuses solely on maximizing Regigigas's overall bulk and gargantuan power. Leftovers paired with the parafusion strategy is also a deadly combination, often allowing Regigigas to restore the health lost from its Substitutes and may even replenish the damage it takes from being hit outside of its bulwark.</p>

<p>It's clearly evident that any Ghost-type will pose an immediate threat to Regigigas, especially Golurk, as it also blocks Thunder Wave, and Substitute or Taunt variants of Misdreavus and Drifblim, as both can quickly halt the entire parafusion combo. For this reason, it is necessary to carry partners to reliably dispose of any Ghost-type in the tier. Skuntank and Zangoose are both formidable Pursuit trappers, the former also packing STAB Sucker Punch and Crunch and the latter boasting an immunity to Will-O-Wisp thanks to the use of Toxic Orb, a Shadow Ball immunity, and Night Slash for a stronger Dark-type. As mentioned previously, defensive Steel- and Rock-types, particularly Bastiodon and Probopass, will be a nuisance to deal with. Even though most are susceptible to Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray, their sheer bulk prevents them from taking any serious damage from Return, giving them an opportunity to hit back, PP stall, or phaze Regigigas out with the likes of Roar. For this reason, using Regirock is a great option as it handily deals with these Pokemon via Drain Punch or Earthquake and can even spread paralysis of its own with Thunder Wave, something Regigigas greatly appreciates. Gurdurr is a more offensive answer to these threats, obliterating them with its STAB attacks. It also enjoys the paralysis support provided by Regigigas due to its poor Speed.</p>

<p>It must be acknowledged that Toxic Spikes is the number one method to passively shut Regigigas down without question. The escalating poison damage will end up being too much for Regigigas to handle before Slow Start even has a chance to wear off. It is absolutely critical to utilize Poison-types to absorb them or surefire Rapid Spin users to get rid of them. Again, Skuntank is a great choice with its part Poison typing, and Foresight Wartortle can be used to nearly guarantee a successful Rapid Spin. It is also recommended to use additional paralysis spreaders to aid and quicken Regigigas's ability to set up while taking the least possible damage in the process. Musharna is a fantastic candidate here, as it resists the Fighting-type attacks that Regigigas might come across, has access to the important Heal Bell should Regigigas be crippled with status prematurely, and has the longevity to continually spread paralysis with Thunder Wave. It's also a good idea to use Stun Spore support from the likes of Tangela and Exeggutor, the former deserving a special mention for its ability to handily counter any variant of Golurk. This allows for Ground-types and Pokemon that absorb Electric-type moves, such as Lightningrod Zebstrika, to be crippled with paralysis, further aiding Regigigas's sweep.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Looking at Regigigas's lackluster movepool, there really isn't much going for it outside of the one-hit wonder set. A Rock Polish set is interesting, but it just isn't effective at fulfilling a late-game sweeping role due to Slow Start and poor coverage options; there are simply better Pokemon to choose from. A defensive set is a viable approach, using moves such as Toxic, Thunder Wave, Icy Wind, and Knock Off, but the lack of reliable recovery and crippling ability make it outclassed as a specially defensive Normal-type by Miltank, Audino, and Lickilicky. Regigigas also has access to neat special attacks, such as Thunderbolt and Earth Power, but passing up that enormous base Attack for a Special Attack stat that's half as much is nowhere near worth it. Finally, Superpower, Focus Punch, and the elemental punches are available for use, but Regigigas is already strapped for moveslots and can't put them to good effect. Of the elemental punches, Fire Punch is nice for Metang and Ice Punch for Golurk, but again, it's not worth passing up Thunder Wave or Confuse Ray and thus having teammates to handle them is the far better choice.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Ghost-types are one of the best counters to Regigigas. Golurk in particular is immune to Thunder Wave and Return and can cause major damage with DynamicPunch and its STAB Earthquake. In terms of other Ghost-types, like Misdreavus and Drifblim, be cautious if you are not running Substitute; Regigigas has the bulk to sponge a lot of their attacks, and it is possible for them to actually lose to confusion damage. Bastiodon, Golem, and Probopass are all effective switch-ins to Regigigas lacking Drain Punch: Bastiodon stops Regigigas cold with Magic Coat and Roar, Golem is immune to Thunder Wave and hits hard enough to break Regigigas's Substitutes but must be cautious of confusion damage and constant Returns, and Probopass also needs to be aware that it too can succumb to the effects of confusion damage and repeated Return hits.</p>

<p>Crippling Regigigas with Will-O-Wisp or Toxic easily shatters its dreams of crushing its enemies, but keep in mind that most teams that are using Regigigas will also have a cleric that needs to be taken care of first. Toxic Spikes also instantly shuts Regigigas down, but again, Poison-types or Rapid Spin users will be seen to accommodate for this; be sure to pack Pokemon to dispose of them. Furthermore, any phazer with Whirlwind or Roar can stop Regigigas from clearing its Slow Start ability, but understand that this method is not the most optimal. This is because parafusion might prevent the use of these moves and Regigigas is also often the last Pokemon on the team, making this method unusable. Dragon Tail is also not recommended, as most users of it typically lack the power to break Regigigas's Substitutes. Perish Song, however, is a deadly weapon to use against Regigigas. Even though parafusion might prevent it from being used, its a good answer to Regigigas even if it's the last Pokemon on the team. Prankster Murkrow and Misdreavus are perfect users of this.</p>

<p>It's also possible to defeat Regigigas by simply brute forcing it. Exploiting its Fighting-type weakness with the likes of Sawk and Gurdurr works well. Luck might be needed when using Sawk due to parafusion, but Gurdurr finds itself enjoying the paralysis, thanks to Guts, and it packs Bulk Up to bolster its Attack and Defense, Drain Punch to restore the health it loses from confusion and Return damage, and Mach Punch to snatch a quick KO against an exposed Regigigas.</p>

[Overview]
  • Uber-tier stats held back by crippling ability and lackluster movepool, resulting in its residence in the NU territory
  • completely overlooked because of these qualities
  • boasts the necessary tools to make it competitively bearable and extremely threatening, such as the excellent overall bulk, Substitute, and the notorious parafusion strategy
  • requires a somewhat heavily supported team to ensure success
  • once the proper circumstances are set in place, Regigigas becomes near impossible to stop and can guarantee a win
[SET]
name: One-hit Wonder

[SET COMMENTS]
  • the most threatening and successful set Regigigas can run
  • easily stalls out the Slow Start ability by abusing parafusion and Substitute spam
  • STAB Return backed up by an overwhelming base 160 Attack OHKOes and 2HKOes most of the metagame, barring heavily defensive Rock- and Steel-types and the Return-immune Ghost-types
  • a plethora of opportunities to switch in with its superb bulk and begin executing its tactic
  • 62% chance for the enemy to fail to hit through Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave, giving Regigigas ample opportunities to build up a Substitute unscathed and begin to wreak havoc as the opponent flails in desperation to stop it
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • if you really don't want the defensive Steel- and Rock-types from walling this, Drain Punch can be used over Confuse Ray or Thunder Wave, but keep in mind that neglecting either of these moves really hinders Regigigas's ability to stall out the Slow Start timer and take minimal damage in the process (it isn't recommended)
  • max HP and Attack to maximize overall bulk and insane power with Leftovers to buy free HP each turn, working fantastically with the parafusion combo
  • walled by Ghost-types (Misdreavus, Golurk, Drifblim) - Skuntank and Zangoose are excellent Pursuit-trappers, the former packing STAB Sucker Punch and Crunch for mind-game plays and the latter packing a burn immunity thanks to Toxic Orb, a Shadow Ball immunity, and Night Slash
  • defensive Rock- and Steel-types pose issues (Bastiodon, Probopass, Golem) - Regirock deals with Bastiodon and Probopass handily and has access to Thunder Wave to help neuter the opposition, while Gurdurr can slaughter all three and appreciates the paralysis support
  • Ground-types are immune to Thunder Wave so Stun Spore support from the likes of Tangela and Exeggutor are recommended, both of whom benefit from paralysis as well (Tangela deserves a special mention for its ability to counter Golurk excellently who otherwise completely destroys Regigigas)
  • paralysis spreaders in general help significantly - Musharna is great since it resists Fighting-type attacks and has access to Heal Bell should Regigigas get statused prematurely
  • Toxic Spikes completely nullifies all of Regigigas' potential, so Poison-types or Rapid Spinners are absolutely necessary - Skuntank again can be mentioned here and Foresight Wartortle
[Other Options]
  • Rock Polish set is usable but not that effective at fulfilling a late-game sweeping role, as it has limited coverage moves and the 5-turn stall without parafusion and only Substitute is so difficult and just isn't worth it in the grand scheme of things
  • A defensive set can be used to take advantage of Regigigas's great bulk, using moves such as Thunder Wave, Toxic, Icy Wind, and Knock Off. However, lack of recovery and upsetting damage during Slow Start makes it outclassed as a Normal special wall by things like Miltank, Lickilicky, and Audino
  • Has access to a few special attacks like Thunderbolt and Earth Power, but it just isn't worth passing up that base 160 Attack for base 80 Special Attack.
  • Elemental punches, Superpower, and Focus Punch are also available, but Regigigas is already strapped for moveslots and really can't abuse them effectively due to its ability. Ice Punch and Fire Punch are the only notable ones, the former hitting Golurk and latter Metang
[Checks and Counters]
  • Ghost-types: Misdreavus and Golurk
  • Golem, Bastiodon, and Probopass are all effective switch-ins
  • Will-O-Wisp and Toxic nullify it
  • Toxic Spikes immediately shuts it down as it cannot get rid of Slow Start in time due to gradual poison damage build-up
  • Any phazer with Whirlwind or Roar, but not Dragon Tail as it's typically not strong enough to break Regigigas's Substitute (parafusion can prevent this from working, though, so it's not guaranteed, and if Regigigas is the last Pokemon this tactic is pointless)
  • Fighting-types: Gurdurr specifically due to Guts, Bulk Up, and Mach Punch
That's it for now. If anyone wants to bring something up, go for it. If you've tested another set that looked good, spill your beans. If you hate Regigigas because it sweeped you, get out of here.

Last edited:
rename it to parahaxz0r plz ;-;

not really, but this looks really good so far fuzznip. not sure that any of its other sets are really viable at all. maybe a mention of Drain Punch somewhere to keep it alive and hit Steel- and Rock-types after Slow Start has ended. only point of concern I saw was:

• 62% chance for the enemy to hit through Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave
is it really a 62% chance to break through parafusion, or is it supposed to be a 62% chance of the opponent doing nothing? I'm not entirely sure which is why I ask!

Reactions: tab
rename it to parahaxz0r plz ;-;

not really, but this looks really good so far fuzznip. not sure that any of its other sets are really viable at all. maybe a mention of Drain Punch somewhere to keep it alive and hit Steel- and Rock-types after Slow Start has ended. only point of concern I saw was:

• 62% chance for the enemy to hit through Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave
is it really a 62% chance to break through parafusion, or is it supposed to be a 62% chance of the opponent doing nothing? I'm not entirely sure which is why I ask!
Thanks for the reply! As far as Drain Punch goes, I'm a little hesitant to include it on the main set because forgoing the use of Substitute/Confuse Ray/Thunder Wave (I don't know for sure what should be replaced) sucks really bad and makes it harder for Regi to stall the Slow Start effectively whilst taking minimal damage in the process. I would rather put it in OO.

A set that seems competitively viable is Rock Polish/Substitute/Return/Drain Punch or something. I have to test it out. Also, a more defensive approach can be taken with something like Thunder Wave¦Toxic/Knock Off/Return¦Body Slam/Drain Punch. This looks a little more promising but again, not guaranteeing anything.

The note about the 62% thing was a typo too, I meant they have a 62% chance to fail hitting Regi. Nice catch!

I figured it was a typo, which is why I asked! :)

And yeah, I don't think that Drain Punch deserves a slash on the set by any means. It's just something that you could consider for AC content on the parafusion set. If you don't want to include it, that's fine too!

Haha you are the master of regigigas. You could also specifically list the playstyles/a few pokemon that Regigigas can set up on (probably just stall/balanced) and add that he will have trouble against more offensive teams. Also make sure in OO (when you do write it) to list a specially defensive set (with the same moves pretty much) as it does got dat bulk, but you probably realized it yourself. :)

Haha you are the master of regigigas. You could also specifically list the playstyles/a few pokemon that Regigigas can set up on (probably just stall/balanced) and add that he will have trouble against more offensive teams. Also make sure in OO (when you do write it) to list a specially defensive set (with the same moves pretty much) as it does got dat bulk, but you probably realized it yourself. :)
Noted!

Emperor Terror is now ready for QC checks!

I put Rock Polish and dedicated Specially Defensive under OO because they really are underwhelming sets and outclassed by other Pokemon. His ability and lack of recovery make them bad choices over One-hit Wonder.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
i would give the elemental punches a bigger mention just because ghost-types are so prevalent in the tier. ice punch is able to nail golurk for a lot of damage while fire punch covers them and can also hit steel-types such as metang.

told you I would QC this :)

[Overview]
  • This is good, just make sure when you actually write it up not to oversell Regigigas; we often underestimate it, but we also shouldn't overestimate it either!
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • I can honestly say I've never used Regigigas outside of Conquest, so you'd know better than me if it's worthwhile. But I could see a specially defensive spread work to help stall out Slow Start turns. I know you mentioned it in OO, but the same set with a specially defensive spread could work. Use your judgement for this.
Interesting fact: during Slow Start turns, Adamant max Attack Regigigas as the same Attack as an uninvested Heatmor. You don't have to include it if you don't want to, but you can if you want to bring it up when you talk about Slow Start. I just find it funny.
This is good though—nice and thorough for an analysis on a Pokemon that seems irrelevant but has potential. Since there's really nothing I need you to change:

QC Approved 1/3

Yay my first stamp!

[Overview]
  • This is good, just make sure when you actually write it up not to oversell Regigigas; we often underestimate it, but we also shouldn't overestimate it either!
Absolutely.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • I can honestly say I've never used Regigigas outside of Conquest, so you'd know better than me if it's worthwhile. But I could see a specially defensive spread work to help stall out Slow Start turns. I know you mentioned it in OO, but the same set with a specially defensive spread could work. Use your judgement for this.
The thing is, I've found it unnecessary to invest in any specific defensive stat because the majority of the time the opponent isn't even hitting you, and when it is, Regigigas is often already behind a Substitute. It's Substitute is already bulky as is. I mean, it's definitely possible, but losing all of that sexy Attack depresses me and should depress others too!

Interesting fact: during Slow Start turns, Adamant max Attack Regigigas as the same Attack as an uninvested Heatmor. You don't have to include it if you don't want to, but you can if you want to bring it up when you talk about Slow Start. I just find it funny.
Registrongas.

This is good though—nice and thorough for an analysis on a Pokemon that seems irrelevant but has potential. Since there's really nothing I need you to change:

QC Approved 1/3
Hhhhhnnnngnnggggghhhhhhhh......

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]
The last point I think kind of oversells Regigigas considering that its main form of damage against many common Pokemon (Golurk, Missy, Metang, Rocks...etc) is through Confusion damage. That and "proper circumstances being set in place" is pretty vague. Basically be more specific to those circumstances and don't oversell it and this looks good.

QC Approved 2/3

Get this to GP!

[Overview]
The last point I think kind of oversells Regigigas considering that its main form of damage against many common Pokemon (Golurk, Missy, Metang, Rocks...etc) is through Confusion damage. That and "proper circumstances being set in place" is pretty vague. Basically be more specific to those circumstances and don't oversell it and this looks good.

QC Approved 2/3

Get this to GP!
Yeah what I meant by "proper circumstances" is when the Pokemon you mentioned are disposed of. I'll do my best with this. Thanks for the stamp.

I'm not a huge fan of the 2nd paragraph of the overview, you try underselling it and overselling it at the same time. Mention that is relies on parafusion and its unreliable, but it can do the job.

Also, are all the different paragraphs for AC and c&c needed? It looks really weird breaking them up so much, if they could be condensed a bit I would like it. The content is all there though, so I'll approve this as soon as the overview is edited a bit (if you want more specifics on what im looking for VM me and ill help). And the paragraphs are combined at least a little bit

I'm not a huge fan of the 2nd paragraph of the overview, you try underselling it and overselling it at the same time. Mention that is relies on parafusion and its unreliable, but it can do the job.

Also, are all the different paragraphs for AC and c&c needed? It looks really weird breaking them up so much, if they could be condensed a bit I would like it. The content is all there though, so I'll approve this as soon as the overview is edited a bit (if you want more specifics on what im looking for VM me and ill help). And the paragraphs are combined at least a little bit
Does this look better Raseri? I slightly altered the second paragraph in the Overview and combined many of the paragraphs in AC and C&C that were relatively close in topic.

GP check. Good job on writing this.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple
[Overview]

<p>Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages: if it isn't the legendary, the all-powerful, the tragically designed behemoth known as Regigigas! With its Uber-tier worthy stat spread including a gargantuan base 160 Attack stat catching the naked eye, one must not overlook the serious flaws this giant boasts. Equipped with one of the most shallow movepools in the game and a repulsive ability in Slow Start, which halves both Regigigas's Attack and Speed for five whole turns, Regigigas finds itself seeking refuge within the NU territory.</p>

<p>With Despite these two crippling attributes, however, Regigigas should never not be quickly dismissed, as it's supplied with the necessary tools to make it competitively bearable and a threat that any team must prepare for. Alongside its excellent overall bulk and sturdy Substitutes, Regigigas also claims to hold the title as is one of the best users of the notorious parafusion strategy, immensely helping it stall out the Slow Start effect whilst taking minimal damage in the process. Despite that, (remove comma) though, Regigigas still requires a heavily supported team heavy team support to ensure success in executing its tactic; (change to comma) but and even then, the its sheer reliance on parafusion makes Regigigas it somewhat unreliable as a sweeper. Nevertheless, once the proper circumstances are set in place, specifically ridding the opposition's main answers to Regigigas are dealt with, Regigigas can find itself plowing and terrorizing its opponent in a very paralyzing fashion.</p>

[SET]
name: name: One-hit Wonder One-Hit Wonder

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is by far Regigigas's best and most threatening set available to it. The combination of Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, and Substitute allows Regigigas to quite easily rid itself of its Slow Start ability and often be guarded behind a Substitute in the end. This is because the nefarious parafusion combo results in only a measly 37.5% chance for the enemy to successfully attack, meaning in the majority of cases, Regigigas will often be setting up bulky Substitutes unscathed. Furthermore, the Regigigas's superb overall bulk promotesprovides a plethora of opportunities for Regigigas to switch in and begin wreaking havoc. The final moveslot is reserved for Regigigas's most powerful and reliable STAB attack in Return, and being which backed up by an overwhelmingly high base 160 Attack stat, every NU Pokemon ends up being OHKOed or 2HKOed OHKOing or 2HKOing every NU Pokemon, barring heavily defensive Pokemon threats / behemoths (choose one or a word you prefer, using Pokemon twice so close looked redundant), such as Alomomola, Tangela, and Bastiodon, and Return-immune Ghost-types.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If being walled by defensive Steel- and Rock-types severely concerns you, Drain Punch is available for use to remedy that issue; however, it's strongly discouraged as forgoing the use of Confuse Ray or Thunder Wave will severely hinder Regigigas's ability to compensate for Slow Start. The EV spread is fairly basic, focusing solely on maximizing Regigigas's overall bulk and gargantuan power. Leftovers paired with the parafusion strategy is also a deadly combination, since often allowing Regigigas will often be restoring to restore the health lost from its Substitutes and may even replenish the damage it takes from being hit outside of its bulwark.</p>

<p>It's clearly evident that any Ghost-type will pose an immediate threat to Regigigas, more specifically especially Golurk, as it also blocks Thunder Wave, and Substitute variants of Misdreavus and Drifblim, as both putting can quickly halt the entire parafusion combo at a quick halt. For this reason, it is necessary to carry partners to reliably dispose of any Ghost-type in the tier. Skuntank and Zangoose are both formidable Pursuit-trappers Pursuit trapper, the former also packing STAB Sucker Punch and Crunch, (remove comma) while and the latter boasting an immunity to Will-O-Wisp thanks to the use of Toxic Orb, a Shadow Ball immunity, and Night Slash for a stronger Dark-type attack against those courageous Ghosts. As mentioned previously, defensive Steel- and Rock-types, particularly Bastiodon and Probopass, will be a nuisance to deal with. Even though most are susceptible to Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray, their sheer bulk can prevent prevents them from taking any serious damage taken by from Return, giving them an opportunity to hit back, PP stall, or phaze Regigigas out with the likes of Roar. For this reason, using Regirock is a great option as it handily deals with the aforementioned these Pokemon via Drain Punch or Earthquake and can even spread paralysis of its own with Thunder Wave, something Regigigas greatly appreciates. Furthermore, Gurdurr is a more offensive answer to these threats, obliterating them with its STAB attacks. It too also enjoys the paralysis support provided by Regigigas due to its poor Speed.</p>

<p>It must be acknowledged that Toxic Spikes is the number one method to passively shut Regigigas down without question. The escalating poison damage will end up being too much for Regigigas to handle before Slow Start even has a chance to wear off. It is absolutely critical to utilize Poison-types to absorb them or surefire Rapid Spin users to get rid of them. Again, Skuntank is a great choice with its part Poison typing, while and Foresight Wartortle can be used to nearly guarantee a successful Rapid Spin. It is also recommended to use additional paralysis spreaders to aid and quicken Regigigas's ability to set up while taking the least possible damage in the process. Musharna is a fantastic candidate here, as it resists the Fighting-type attacks that Regigigas may might come across, has access to the important Heal Bell should Regigigas be crippled with status prematurely, and has the longevity to continually spread paralysis with Thunder Wave. It's also a good idea to use Stun Spore support from the likes of Tangela and Exeggutor, the former deserving a special mention for its ability to handily counter any variant of Golurk. This allows for Ground-types and Pokemon that absorb Electric-type moves, such as Lightningrod Zebstrika, to be crippled with paralysis, further aiding Regigigas's sweep.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Looking at Regigigas's lackluster movepool, there really isn't much going for it outside of the One-hit Wonder one-hit wonder set. A Rock Polish set is interesting, but it just isn't effective at fulfilling a late-game sweeping role due to Slow Start and poor coverage options; there are simply better Pokemon to choose from. A defensive set is a viable approach, using moves such as Toxic, Thunder Wave, Icy Wind, and Knock Off, but the lack of reliable recovery and crippling ability makes make it outclassed as a specially defensive Normal-type by Miltank, Audino, and Lickilicky. Regigigas also has access to neat special attacks, such as Thunderbolt and Earth Power, but passing up that enormous base 160 Attack for a Special Attack stat that's half as much is nowhere near worth it. Finally, Superpower, Focus Punch, and the elemental punches are available for use, but Regigigas is already strapped for moveslots and can't put them to good effect. Of the elemental punches, Fire Punch is nice for Metang and Ice Punch for Golurk, but, (remove comma) again, it's not worth passing up Thunder Wave or Confuse Ray and thus having teammates to handle them is the far better choice.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Ghost-types are one of the best counters to Regigigas. Golurk in particular is immune to Thunder Wave and Return and can cause major damage with DynamicPunch or and its STAB Earthquake. In terms of other Ghost-types, like Misdreavus or and Drifblim, be cautious if you are not running Substitute; Regigigas has the bulk to, depending on the set, sponge a lot of their attacks and it is possible for them to actually lose to confusion damage. Bastiodon, Golem, and Probopass are all effective switch-ins to Regigigas lacking Drain Punch. Bastiodon stops Regigigas cold with Magic Coat and Roar. Golem is immune to Thunder Wave and hits hard enough to break Regigigas's Substitutes, but must be cautious of confusion damage and constant Returns. Probopass also needs to be aware that it too can succumb to the effects of confusion damage and repeated Return hits.</p>

<p>Crippling Regigigas with Will-O-Wisp or Toxic easily shatters its dreams of crushing its enemies, but keep in mind that most teams that are using Regigigas will also have a cleric that needs to be taken care of first. Toxic Spikes also instantly shuts Regigigas down, but again, Poison-types or Rapid Spin users will be seen to accommodate for this; be sure to pack Pokemon to dispose of these them. Furthermore, any phazer with Whirlwind or Roar can stop Regigigas from clearing its Slow Start ability, but understand that this method is not the most optimal. This is because parafusion may might prevent the use of these moves and Regigigas is also often the last Pokemon on the team, making this method moot unusable. Dragon Tail is also not recommended, as most users of it typically lack the power to break Regigigas's Substitute Substitutes. Perish Song, however, is a deadly weapon to use against Regigigas. Even though parafusion may might prevent this it from being used, its a good answer to dealing with Regigigas, (remove comma) even if it's the last Pokemon on the team. Prankster Murkrow and Misdreavus are perfect users of this.</p>

<p>It's also possible to defeat Regigigas by simply brute-forcing brute forcing it. Exploiting its Fighting-type weakness with the likes of Sawk or and Gurdurr work well. Luck may might be needed with when using Sawk due to parafusion, but Gurdurr finds itself enjoying the paralysis, thanks to Guts, and packs Bulk Up to bolster its Attack and Defense, Drain Punch to restore the health it loses from confusion and Return damage, and Mach Punch to snatch a quick KO from against an exposed Regigigas.</p>

GP: 1/2

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hihi, amcheck!
This is superb writing; nice job! :)
(Idk why two hides keep showing up; you can ignore the first one, lol, my apologies.)

Additions
Removes
Comments

[Overview]
<p>Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages: if it isn't the legendary, the all-powerful, the tragically designed behemoth known as Regigigas! With its Uber-tier worthy stat spread including a gargantuan base 160 Attack stat catching the naked eye, one must not overlook the serious flaws this giant boasts. Equipped with one of the most shallow movepools and a repulsive ability in Slow Start, which halves both Regigigas's Attack and Speed for five whole turns, Regigigas finds itself seeking refuge within the NU territory.</p>

<p>With these two crippling attributes, however, Regigigas should never be quickly dismissed, as it's supplied with the necessary tools to make it competitively bearable and a threat that any team must prepare for. Alongside its excellent overall bulk and sturdy Substitutes, Regigigas also claims to hold the title as one of the best users of the notorious parafusion strategy, immensely helping it stall out the Slow Start effect whilst taking minimal damage in the process. Despite that, though, Regigigas still requires a heavily supported team to ensure success in executing its tactic; but even then, the sheer reliance on parafusion makes Regigigas somewhat unreliable as a sweeper. Nevertheless, once the opposition's main answers to Regigigas are disposed of, Regigigas can find itself plowing and terrorizing its opponent in a very paralyzing fashion.</p>(I didn't touch this Overview area because I noticed that melvni's changes weren't made to them.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are suppose to implement official GP checks, right?)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is by far Regigigas's best and most threatening set available. The combination of Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, and Substitute allows Regigigas to quite easily rid itself of its Slow Start ability and often be guarded behind a Substitute in the end. This is because the nefarious parafusion combo results in only a measly 37.5% chance for the enemy to successfully attack, meaning in the majority of cases, Regigigas will often be setting up bulky Substitutes unscathed. Furthermore, Regigigas's superb overall bulk provides a plethora of opportunities for Regigigas to switch in and begin wreaking havoc. The final moveslot is reserved for Regigigas's most powerful and reliable STAB attack in Return, which when backed up by an overwhelmingly high base Attack stat, ends OHKOing or 2HKOing every NU Pokemon, barring heavily defensive threats, such as Alomomola, Tangela, and Bastiodon, and Ghost-types.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If being walled by defensive Steel- and Rock-types severely concerns you, Drain Punch is available to remedy that issue; however, it's strongly discouraged as forgoing Confuse Ray or Thunder Wave will severely hinder Regigigas's ability to compensate for Slow Start. The EV spread is fairly basic, focusing solely on maximizing Regigigas's overall bulk and gargantuan power. (I don't really think you need to explain to explain the EVs if it is 252/252; unless it allows you to avoid a KO / score a KO against a specific Pokemon, the EV spread should be self-explanatory.) Leftovers paired with the parafusion strategy is also a deadly combination, often allowing Regigigas to restore the health lost from its Substitutes and may even replenish the damage it takes from being hit outside of its bulwark.</p>

<p>It's clearly evident that any Ghost-type will pose an immediate threat to Regigigas, especially Golurk, as it also blocks Thunder Wave, and Substitute or Taunt variants of Misdreavus and Drifblim, as both can quickly halt the entire parafusion combo. For this reason, it is necessary to carry partners to reliably dispose of any Ghost-type in the tier. Skuntank and Zangoose are both formidable Pursuit trappers, the former also packing STAB Sucker Punch and Crunch and the latter boasting an immunity to Will-O-Wisp thanks to the use of Toxic Orb, a Shadow Ball immunity, and Night Slash for a stronger Dark-type. As mentioned previously, defensive Steel- and Rock-types, particularly Bastiodon and Probopass, will be a nuisance to deal with. Even though most are susceptible to Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray, their sheer bulk prevents them from taking any serious damage from Return, giving them an opportunity to hit back, PP stall, or phaze Regigigas out with the likes of Roar. For this reason, using Regirock is a great option as it handily deals with these Pokemon via Drain Punch or Earthquake and can even spread paralysis of its own with Thunder Wave, something Regigigas greatly appreciates. Gurdurr is a more offensive answer to these threats, obliterating them with its STAB attacks. It also enjoys the paralysis support provided by Regigigas due to its poor Speed.</p>

<p>It must be acknowledged that Toxic Spikes is the number one method to passively shut Regigigas down without question. The escalating poison damage will end up being too much for Regigigas to handle before Slow Start even has a chance to wear off. It is absolutely critical to utilize Poison-types to absorb them or surefire Rapid Spin users to get rid of them. Again, Skuntank is a great choice with its part Poison typing, (AC) and Foresight Wartortle can be used to nearly guarantee a successful Rapid Spin. It is also recommended to use additional paralysis spreaders to aid and quicken Regigigas's ability to set up while taking the least possible damage in the process. Musharna is a fantastic candidate here, as it resists the Fighting-type attacks that Regigigas might come across, has access to the important Heal Bell should Regigigas be crippled with status prematurely, and has the longevity to continually spread paralysis with Thunder Wave. It's also a good idea to use Stun Spore support from the likes of Tangela and Exeggutor, the former deserving a special mention for its ability to handily counter any variant of Golurk. This allows for Ground-types and Pokemon that absorb Electric-type moves, such as Lightningrod Zebstrika, to be crippled with paralysis, further aiding Regigigas's sweep.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Looking at Regigigas's lackluster movepool, there really isn't much going for it outside of the One-Hit Wonder one-hit wonder set. (idk if you ignored this change or didn't see it, but the [SET] section is the only place where the set name should be capitalized. Anywhere else and it should be lower-cased.) A Rock Polish set is interesting, but it just isn't effective at fulfilling a late-game sweeping role due to Slow Start and poor coverage options; there are simply better Pokemon to choose from. A defensive set is a viable approach, using moves such as Toxic, Thunder Wave, Icy Wind, and Knock Off, but the lack of reliable recovery and crippling ability make it outclassed as a specially defensive Normal-type by Miltank, Audino, and Lickilicky. Regigigas also has access to neat special attacks, such as Thunderbolt and Earth Power, but passing up that enormous base Attack for a Special Attack stat that's half as much is nowhere near worth it. Finally, Superpower, Focus Punch, and the elemental punches are available for use, but Regigigas is already strapped for moveslots and can't put them to good effect. Of the elemental punches, Fire Punch is nice for Metang and Ice Punch for Golurk, but again, it's not worth passing up Thunder Wave or Confuse Ray and thus having teammates to handle them is the far better choice.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Ghost-types are one of the best counters to Regigigas. Golurk in particular is immune to Thunder Wave and Return and can cause major damage with DynamicPunch and its STAB Earthquake. In terms of other Ghost-types, like Misdreavus and Drifblim, be cautious if you are not running Substitute; Regigigas has the bulk to sponge a lot of their attacks, (AC) and it is possible for them to actually lose to confusion damage. Bastiodon, Golem, and Probopass are all effective switch-ins to Regigigas lacking Drain Punch.: Bastiodon stops Regigigas cold with Magic Coat and Roar., Golem is immune to Thunder Wave and hits hard enough to break Regigigas's Substitutes (RC) but must be cautious of confusion damage and constant Returns., (AC) and Probopass also needs to be aware that it too can succumb to the effects of confusion damage and repeated Return hits. (I really felt that that statement should be connected in some way, whether it be a : or ;. You already have a sentence stating which Pokemon can be effective switch-ins, so you may as well list them out instead of simply stating them sentence by sentence.)</p>

<p>Crippling Regigigas with Will-O-Wisp or Toxic easily shatters its dreams of crushing its enemies, but keep in mind that most teams that are using Regigigas will also have a cleric that needs to be taken care of first. Toxic Spikes also instantly shuts Regigigas down, but again, Poison-types or Rapid Spin users will be seen to accommodate for this; be sure to pack Pokemon to dispose of them. Furthermore, any phazer with Whirlwind or Roar can stop Regigigas from clearing its Slow Start ability, but understand that this method is not the most optimal. This is because parafusion might prevent the use of these moves and Regigigas is also often the last Pokemon on the team, making this method unusable. Dragon Tail is also not recommended, as most users of it typically lack the power to break Regigigas's Substitutes. Perish Song, however, is a deadly weapon to use against Regigigas. Even though parafusion might prevent it from being used, its a good answer to Regigigas even if it's the last Pokemon on the team. Prankster Murkrow and Misdreavus are perfect users of this.</p>

<p>It's also possible to defeat Regigigas by simply brute forcing it. Exploiting its Fighting-type weakness with the likes of Sawk and Gurdurr work well. Luck might be needed when using Sawk due to parafusion, but Gurdurr finds itself enjoying the paralysis, thanks to Guts, and it packs Bulk Up to bolster its Attack and Defense, Drain Punch to restore the health it loses from confusion and Return damage, and Mach Punch to snatch a quick KO against an exposed Regigigas.</p>

Hihi, amcheck!
This is superb writing; nice job! :)
(Idk why two hides keep showing up; you can ignore the first one, lol, my apologies.)

Additions
Removes
Comments

[Overview]
<p>Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages: if it isn't the legendary, the all-powerful, the tragically designed behemoth known as Regigigas! With its Uber-tier worthy stat spread including a gargantuan base 160 Attack stat catching the naked eye, one must not overlook the serious flaws this giant boasts. Equipped with one of the most shallow movepools and a repulsive ability in Slow Start, which halves both Regigigas's Attack and Speed for five whole turns, Regigigas finds itself seeking refuge within the NU territory.</p>

<p>With these two crippling attributes, however, Regigigas should never be quickly dismissed, as it's supplied with the necessary tools to make it competitively bearable and a threat that any team must prepare for. Alongside its excellent overall bulk and sturdy Substitutes, Regigigas also claims to hold the title as one of the best users of the notorious parafusion strategy, immensely helping it stall out the Slow Start effect whilst taking minimal damage in the process. Despite that, though, Regigigas still requires a heavily supported team to ensure success in executing its tactic; but even then, the sheer reliance on parafusion makes Regigigas somewhat unreliable as a sweeper. Nevertheless, once the opposition's main answers to Regigigas are disposed of, Regigigas can find itself plowing and terrorizing its opponent in a very paralyzing fashion.</p>(I didn't touch this Overview area because I noticed that melvni's changes weren't made to them.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are suppose to implement official GP checks, right?)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>If being walled by defensive Steel- and Rock-types severely concerns you, Drain Punch is available to remedy that issue; however, it's strongly discouraged as forgoing Confuse Ray or Thunder Wave will severely hinder Regigigas's ability to compensate for Slow Start. The EV spread is fairly basic, focusing solely on maximizing Regigigas's overall bulk and gargantuan power. (I don't really think you need to explain to explain the EVs if it is 252/252; unless it allows you to avoid a KO / score a KO against a specific Pokemon, the EV spread should be self-explanatory.) Leftovers paired with the parafusion strategy is also a deadly combination, often allowing Regigigas to restore the health lost from its Substitutes and may even replenish the damage it takes from being hit outside of its bulwark.</p>

<p>It must be acknowledged that Toxic Spikes is the number one method to passively shut Regigigas down without question. The escalating poison damage will end up being too much for Regigigas to handle before Slow Start even has a chance to wear off. It is absolutely critical to utilize Poison-types to absorb them or surefire Rapid Spin users to get rid of them. Again, Skuntank is a great choice with its part Poison typing, (AC) and Foresight Wartortle can be used to nearly guarantee a successful Rapid Spin. It is also recommended to use additional paralysis spreaders to aid and quicken Regigigas's ability to set up while taking the least possible damage in the process. Musharna is a fantastic candidate here, as it resists the Fighting-type attacks that Regigigas might come across, has access to the important Heal Bell should Regigigas be crippled with status prematurely, and has the longevity to continually spread paralysis with Thunder Wave. It's also a good idea to use Stun Spore support from the likes of Tangela and Exeggutor, the former deserving a special mention for its ability to handily counter any variant of Golurk. This allows for Ground-types and Pokemon that absorb Electric-type moves, such as Lightningrod Zebstrika, to be crippled with paralysis, further aiding Regigigas's sweep.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Looking at Regigigas's lackluster movepool, there really isn't much going for it outside of the One-Hit Wonder one-hit wonder set. (idk if you ignored this change or didn't see it, but the [SET] section is the only place where the set name should be capitalized. Anywhere else and it should be lower-cased.) A Rock Polish set is interesting, but it just isn't effective at fulfilling a late-game sweeping role due to Slow Start and poor coverage options; there are simply better Pokemon to choose from. A defensive set is a viable approach, using moves such as Toxic, Thunder Wave, Icy Wind, and Knock Off, but the lack of reliable recovery and crippling ability make it outclassed as a specially defensive Normal-type by Miltank, Audino, and Lickilicky. Regigigas also has access to neat special attacks, such as Thunderbolt and Earth Power, but passing up that enormous base Attack for a Special Attack stat that's half as much is nowhere near worth it. Finally, Superpower, Focus Punch, and the elemental punches are available for use, but Regigigas is already strapped for moveslots and can't put them to good effect. Of the elemental punches, Fire Punch is nice for Metang and Ice Punch for Golurk, but again, it's not worth passing up Thunder Wave or Confuse Ray and thus having teammates to handle them is the far better choice.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Ghost-types are one of the best counters to Regigigas. Golurk in particular is immune to Thunder Wave and Return and can cause major damage with DynamicPunch and its STAB Earthquake. In terms of other Ghost-types, like Misdreavus and Drifblim, be cautious if you are not running Substitute; Regigigas has the bulk to sponge a lot of their attacks, (AC) and it is possible for them to actually lose to confusion damage. Bastiodon, Golem, and Probopass are all effective switch-ins to Regigigas lacking Drain Punch.: Bastiodon stops Regigigas cold with Magic Coat and Roar., Golem is immune to Thunder Wave and hits hard enough to break Regigigas's Substitutes (RC) but must be cautious of confusion damage and constant Returns., (AC) and Probopass also needs to be aware that it too can succumb to the effects of confusion damage and repeated Return hits. (I really felt that that statement should be connected in some way, whether it be a : or ;. You already have a sentence stating which Pokemon can be effective switch-ins, so you may as well list them out instead of simply stating them sentence by sentence.)</p>

<p>It's also possible to defeat Regigigas by simply brute forcing it. Exploiting its Fighting-type weakness with the likes of Sawk and Gurdurr work well. Luck might be needed when using Sawk due to parafusion, but Gurdurr finds itself enjoying the paralysis, thanks to Guts, and it packs Bulk Up to bolster its Attack and Defense, Drain Punch to restore the health it loses from confusion and Return damage, and Mach Punch to snatch a quick KO against an exposed Regigigas.</p>
Thank you Governess! You are supposed to implement GP changes, I'm actually unsure how some of the edits from melvni's didn't carry over. I think it's because I accidentally backed out of the editing mode and when I reopened it, I thought the changes were still there. Apparently not. Anyway, I think I got all of the changes!

Also, I think I'm going to keep the 252/252 mention because it's not a 252 Atk/Spe thing that most sweepers would want. If I have to remove it then I will, though. We'll see.

PS: You have two hide tags because you put hide tags around [Overview] and then another hide tag directly after that, heh.

Stamping Governess's amcheck with a few minor changes
  1. The EV spread is fine because it emphasizes the importance of running HP investment over Speed by adding on to its bulk
  2. The last sentence of the overview should be cut. The same could be said about any Pokemon, so this is mostly just fluff.
  3. Second sentence of the last paragraph in checks and counters, "Exploiting its Fighting-type weakness with the likes of Sawk and Gurdurr work well." Change work to works, as it is connected to "exploiting" and not "Sawk and Gurdurr."

GP Approved 2/2

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just one thing:
Overview said:
With its Uber-tier stat spread including a gargantuan base Attack stat catching the naked eye,
Uber isn't a tier, it's a banlist, just say "Uber-worthy stat spread" or something along those lines.

Good job otherwise :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)