move 2: Drain Punch / Body Press
move 3: Ice Punch / Stomping Tantrum / Curse
move 4: Protect / Curse
item: Weakness Policy
ability: Clear Body
nature: Adamant
evs: 236 HP / 204 Atk / 68 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Regirock's massive physical bulk lets it easily take some of the strongest super effective physical attacks in the format, letting it use Weakness Policy effectively. Additionally, Regirock's Rock typing matches up well against many of the format's Flying-types, like Zapdos, Galarian Moltres, and Charizard.

* Rock Slide is a reliable STAB move that hits common threats like Zapdos, Thundurus, and Galarian Moltres for super effective damage while also providing a chance to flinch opposing Pokemon. Max Rockfall also sets up sand, improving Regirock's Special Defense.

* Drain Punch gives Regirock a form of recovery and a way to raise its Attack with Max Knuckle. Body Press is another option that takes advantage of its enormous Defense stat. However, it should be noted that Body Press should only be picked over Drain Punch on Curse sets, where Regirock can take advantage of the Defense boosts.

* Ice Punch is a great coverage move to hit Ground-types like Landorus-T and Garchomp, as well as Grass-types such as Rillaboom, Venusaur, and Amoonguss.

* Stomping Tantrum increases Regirock's Special Defense when turned into Max Quake while also giving it coverage against Steel-types such as Heatran and Metagross.

* Curse is an option that allows Regirock to set up against more passive Pokemon like Grimmsnarl and Incineroar. Both Protect and Curse can be run; however, Regirock will then miss out on crucial coverage.

* Weakness Policy allows Regirock to take advantage of its bulk to take super effective moves from Pokemon like Kartana and both Urshifu formes and in return fire off a +2 attack.

* 236 HP EVs minimizes chip damage from moves like G-Max Vinelash while keeping as much HP as possible. 68 Speed EVs allow Regirock to outspeed Landorus-T when Tailwind is up. However, Regirock still is 1 point slower than base 60 Speed Pokemon like Incineroar, Grimmsnarl, and Porygon2. This means that it will underspeed these Pokemon when Trick Room is up, making Regirock very flexible in where it can function.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[poogang, 526727]]
- Quality checked by: [[Bananers7, 527416]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Bandkrook, 301217]]

Last edited by a moderator:
:bw/Regirock:
[SET]
name: The Stone Wall Offensive
move 1: Rock Slide
move 2: Drain Punch / Body Press (in your Body Press comment, mention it should only be used over Drain Punch on Curse sets)
item:(add space here)Weakness Policy
nature: Adamant/Brave
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD 244 HP / 196 Atk / 68 Spe (I talked to Netherious, a Regirock enthusiast about anything I should add here. He said that this spread for Regirock was really good, better than the standard 252/252/4. I'll explain why down by your comment on the EVs
[SET COMMENTS]
Describe what the moves on the set do, as well as alternative options. Describe other aspects of the set such as the EVs and nature/item. Use bullet points for this section. The first bullet point in this section should be a brief (up to 2 sentences) on what the set achieves. The rest should be as normal for analyses.

*Regirock has some of the highest physical bulk in the current format, on top of having decent physical offense with clear Body which allows it to Ignore any intimidate & and other stat drops. These things allow it to check pokemon that can otherwise be difficult to deal with, such as Thundurus & Glastrier. Weakness Policy allows Regirock to take advantage of it's bulk to deter it's opponents from hitting it with super effective moves, and in the case that it's activated Regirock gets a huge boost to it's offenses which cant be dropped through intimidate. (this point is extremely wordy and can be shortened, please reduce this to about two lines of words and try and word your points more clearly. If you need me to write this comment for you I am fine with that just let me know because it needs a lot of fixing. I'd recommend removing any ampersands, as well as anything you already elaborate in your comments below.)

*Weakness Policy allows Regirock to take advantage of it's bulk to take super effective moves from Pokemon like Kartana, as well as both Urshifu Single-Strike and Urshifu Rapid-Strike deter it's opponents from hitting it with super effective moves, and in return fire off a Weakness Policy boosted attack. the case that it's activated Regirock gets a huge boost to it's offenses.

*Rock slide is a Reliable STAB move for Regirock. (add period) which lets it deal out damage while also allowing it to become even more specially bulky by setting up sandstorm with Max Rockfall. Max Rockfall also sets up sand, improving Regirock's Special Defense.

*Drain Punch gives Regirock access to some health recovery, (add comma) while also allowing Regirock to raise its attack with Max Knuckle. stack up attack Boosts with Max Knuckle to further boost it's damage output. (add comment here about Body Press and why it could be used over Drain Punch. Make sure to mention it prefers Body Press on Curse sets)

*Ice Punch is a great coverage move that allows it Regirock to hit opposing ground types that might threaten Regirock like Landorus-Therian and Garchomp, as well as the many grass types that could also threaten it such as Rillaboom, Venusaur, (add comma) & and Amoonguss.

*Stomping Tantrum allows Regirock to further increase it's Special Defense with Max Quake while also giving it coverage against Steel types such as Heatran & and Metagross.

*Curse is an option that allows Regirock to set up against more passive pokemon or pokemon that cant do too much versus it like Grimmsnarl and Incineroar while also allowing you to increase it's offenses without relying on your weakness policy. Both protect and curse can be run, however, if Regirock does this it misses out on crucial coverage. if you dont feel the need for it's coverage moves.

*Max HP evs allows you to maximize your bulk while also maximizing your attack.

(change this comment here to mention taking minimum damage from Max Vinelash chip, and underspeeding Porygon2, Grimmsnarl, and Incineroar, which is good when Trick Room is up. This is all because of your EV spread, so be sure to elaborate that)

(please order the comments in order of the moveset, so stomping tantrum before the weakness policy comment, etc.)

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
Add Remove Comment

Needs a lot of work, will be 1/1 and stamped once implemented.

Hi there sorry for taking so long, but I've implemented the changes.

On a side note, I did change the EV spread you noted slightly. 244 Hp evs actually hits the threshold to take an extra point of vinelash damage so I removed 8 evs from there and put them into attack.
186/6= 31
Meanwhile
185/6=30.8333
I ask that this be double-checked though since I did have to ask around before I was sure on this and I could have easily just made a mistake, if 244 actually is the correct number then I'll gladly change it back.

[SET]
name: Offensive
evs: 236 HP / 204 Atk / 68 Spe 244 HP / 196 Atk / 68 Spe (please keep the original spread. the numbers behind it are weird but 244 HP is correct)
[SET COMMENTS]
(add space here)
* Regirock has massive physical bulk allowing its Bulk with Dynamax to easily live take some of the strongest super effective physical attacks in the format, allowing it to use Weakness Policy effectively making it an absolute tank that cannot be KO'd very easily. Additionally, Regirock's rock typing allows it to matches up well against many of the format's Flying-types like Zapdos, Moltres-G, and Charizard. (add period) as well as certain trick room threats like Torkoal and Glastrier. Regirock does have a lot of weaknesses and a mediocre Special Defense stat which is preyed upon by Water and Grass-type special attackers like Venusaur Tapu Fini, and Rotom-W.

*(add space here)Rock Slide is a reliable STAB move for Regirock. Max Rockfall also sets up sand, improving Regirock's (remove apostrophe) Special Defense. (add period)

*(add space here)Drain Punch gives Regirock access to health recovery, while also allowing Regirock to raise its attack with Max Knuckle. Body Press is another option that takes advantage of it's enormous defense stat to dish out big damage. However, it should be noted that Body Press should only be picked over Drain Punch on curse sets where it can take advantage of the defense boosts.

*(add space here)Ice Punch is a great coverage move that allows Regirock to hit opposing Ground-types (add hyphen) like Landorus-Therian and Garchomp, as well as Grass-types (add hyphen) such as Rillaboom, Venusaur, and Amoonguss.

*(add space here)Stomping Tantrum allows Regirock to increase it's Special Defense when turned into Max Quake, while also giving it coverage against Steel-types (add hyphen) such as Heatran and Metagross.

*(add space here)Curse is an option that allows Regirock to set up against more passive pokemon like Grimmsnarl and Incineroar. Both Protect and Curse can be run., (remove period, add comma) however, if Regirock does this it will miss out on crucial coverage.

*(add space here)Weakness Policy allows Regirock to take advantage of its bulk to take Super Effective moves from pokemon like Kartana, as well as Urshifu Single-Strike and Urshifu Rapid-Strike, and in return fire off a Weakness Policy boosted attack.

*(add space here)236 244 HP evs minimizes chip damage from moves Like G-Max Vinelash while keeping as much hp as possible. 68 Speed allows Regirock to outspeed Landorus-T when Tailwind is up. 68 Speed allows However, you to be are still 1 point slower than base 60 speed pokemon without speed investment like Incineroar, Grimmsnarl, (add comma) and Porygon2, meaning that Regirock will underspeed these Pokemon when Trick Room is up. This makes Regirock very flexible in where it can function. This allows you to underspeed these pokemon and move first if a trick room has been set up. It also allows you to take advantage of it's speed in other ways as well, 68 speed evs allows you to outspeed maximum speed landorus by one point with a Tailwind set up. This allows you to be more flexible with how you use regirock on both ends. The leftover evs are all put into attack to make sure Regirock hits as hard as possible.

[CREDITS]
Needs another check. Same colors as last time.

Again, will stamp once implemented.

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi there sorry for taking so long, but I've implemented the changes.

On a side note, I did change the EV spread you noted slightly. 244 Hp evs actually hits the threshold to take an extra point of vinelash damage so I removed 8 evs from there and put them into attack.
186/6= 31
Meanwhile
185/6=30.8333
I ask that this be double-checked though since I did have to ask around before I was sure on this and I could have easily just made a mistake, if 244 actually is the correct number then I'll gladly change it back.
This is correct math. Please keep 236 HP. 185 is 6n-1 and we want to minimize damage while maximizing the HP number. Thanks for catching this poogang as this was my mistake when labbing this spread with Bananers7

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Amchecking this! This isn't official, so you don't have to implement it unless an official GPer says so.
Add
Remove
Comments
(AA) = Add Apostrophe
(AC) = Add Comma

(RC) = Remove Comma
(RH) = Remove Hyphen

Some notes in case you're interested;
  • Mind your capitalization; stats and names are capitalized in Smogon analyses. I get why you didn't capitalize EVs considering the set import bit, but that's for the strategy dex's markdown!
  • Urshifu's single/rapid strike forms are referred to as Urshifu-S and Urshifu-R, respectively, but we've avoided that with the edit here.
  • Don't forget possessive apostrophes!

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
* Regirock has massive physical bulk allowing it to easily take some of the strongest super effective physical attacks in the format, allowing letting it to (repetition) use Weakness Policy effectively. Additionally, Regirock's Rock typing matches (present tense) up well against many of the format's Flying-types, (AC) like Zapdos, Moltres-G, and Charizard.

* Rock Slide is a reliable STAB move for Regirock. Max Rockfall also sets up sand, improving Regirock's (AA) Special Defense. (This is a bit dex info-y, I suggest trying to contextualize this into the metagame. Are there any relevant Pokemon it hits hard? You could also mention the flinch chance for enabling allies, stuff like that. You're on the right track with the Max Rockfall bit, just flesh this out a little bit more. Look at what you did with Stomping Tantrum: that's good.)

* Drain Punch gives Regirock access to health (redundant) recovery, (RC) while also allowing Regirock to raise its Attack with Max Knuckle. Body Press is another option that takes advantage of its enormous Defense stat. However, it should be noted that Body Press should only be picked over Drain Punch on Curse sets where it can take advantage of the Defense boosts.

* Ice Punch is a great coverage move that allows Regirock to hit opposing Ground-types (RH) like Landorus-T and Garchomp, as well as Grass-types (RH) such as Rillaboom, Venusaur, and Amoonguss. (I'm assuming the hyphens were used to precede the lists, but this is an incorrect usage. It's fine without them. If you wanted something like the hyphens, emdashes could work, but at that point, you're making it harder than it needs to be.)

* Stomping Tantrum allows Regirock to increase its Special Defense when turned into Max Quake, while also giving it coverage against Steel-types such as Heatran and Metagross.

* Curse is an option that allows Regirock to set up against more passive Pokemon like Grimmsnarl and Incineroar. Both Protect and Curse can be run; (ASC, use semicolons when preceding an interrupter. Check the last part of this page) however, if Regirock does this, (AC) it will miss out on crucial coverage.

* Weakness Policy allows Regirock to take advantage of its bulk to take super effective moves from Pokemon like Kartana, as well as Urshifu Single-Strike and Urshifu Rapid-Strike both Urshifu formes, (less wordy and more natural wording, went over with the GP Discord) and in return fire off a Weakness Policy boosted attack.

* 236 HP EVs minimizes chip damage from moves like G-Max Vinelash while keeping as much HP as possible. 68 Speed EVs allows Regirock to outspeed Landorus-T when Tailwind is up. However, Regirock still is 1 point slower than base 60 Speed pokemon like Incineroar, Grimmsnarl, and Porygon2, (AC) meaning (alternatively, change "meaning" to "This means", which can also be used to link the last sentence!) that Regirock will underspeed these pokemon when Trick Room is up. This makes Regirock very flexible in where it can function.

[CREDITS]

Amchecking this! This isn't official, so you don't have to implement it unless an official GPer says so.
Add
Remove
Comments
(AA) = Add Apostrophe
(AC) = Add Comma

(RC) = Remove Comma
(RH) = Remove Hyphen

Some notes in case you're interested;
  • Mind your capitalization; stats and names are capitalized in Smogon analyses. I get why you didn't capitalize EVs considering the set import bit, but that's for the strategy dex's markdown!
  • Urshifu's single/rapid strike forms are referred to as Urshifu-S and Urshifu-R, respectively, but we've avoided that with the edit here.
  • Don't forget possessive apostrophes!

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
* Regirock has massive physical bulk allowing it to easily take some of the strongest super effective physical attacks in the format, allowing letting it to (repetition) use Weakness Policy effectively. Additionally, Regirock's Rock typing matches (present tense) up well against many of the format's Flying-types, (AC) like Zapdos, Moltres-G, and Charizard.

* Rock Slide is a reliable STAB move for Regirock. Max Rockfall also sets up sand, improving Regirock's (AA) Special Defense. (This is a bit dex info-y, I suggest trying to contextualize this into the metagame. Are there any relevant Pokemon it hits hard? You could also mention the flinch chance for enabling allies, stuff like that. You're on the right track with the Max Rockfall bit, just flesh this out a little bit more. Look at what you did with Stomping Tantrum: that's good.)

* Drain Punch gives Regirock access to health (redundant) recovery, (RC) while also allowing Regirock to raise its Attack with Max Knuckle. Body Press is another option that takes advantage of its enormous Defense stat. However, it should be noted that Body Press should only be picked over Drain Punch on Curse sets where it can take advantage of the Defense boosts.

* Ice Punch is a great coverage move that allows Regirock to hit opposing Ground-types (RH) like Landorus-T and Garchomp, as well as Grass-types (RH) such as Rillaboom, Venusaur, and Amoonguss. (I'm assuming the hyphens were used to precede the lists, but this is an incorrect usage. It's fine without them. If you wanted something like the hyphens, emdashes could work, but at that point, you're making it harder than it needs to be.)

* Stomping Tantrum allows Regirock to increase its Special Defense when turned into Max Quake, while also giving it coverage against Steel-types such as Heatran and Metagross.

* Curse is an option that allows Regirock to set up against more passive Pokemon like Grimmsnarl and Incineroar. Both Protect and Curse can be run; (ASC, use semicolons when preceding an interrupter. Check the last part of this page) however, if Regirock does this, (AC) it will miss out on crucial coverage.

* Weakness Policy allows Regirock to take advantage of its bulk to take super effective moves from Pokemon like Kartana, as well as Urshifu Single-Strike and Urshifu Rapid-Strike both Urshifu formes, (less wordy and more natural wording, went over with the GP Discord) and in return fire off a Weakness Policy boosted attack.

* 236 HP EVs minimizes chip damage from moves like G-Max Vinelash while keeping as much HP as possible. 68 Speed EVs allows Regirock to outspeed Landorus-T when Tailwind is up. However, Regirock still is 1 point slower than base 60 Speed pokemon like Incineroar, Grimmsnarl, and Porygon2, (AC) meaning (alternatively, change "meaning" to "This means", which can also be used to link the last sentence!) that Regirock will underspeed these pokemon when Trick Room is up. This makes Regirock very flexible in where it can function.

[CREDITS]
Made the changes, also thank you for the link to that page, I found it helpful.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
add (AC): add comma
remove (RC): remove comma
comments

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
* Regirock has massive physical bulk allowing it to Regirock's massive physical bulk lets it easily take some of the strongest super effective physical attacks in the format, letting it use Weakness Policy effectively. Additionally, Regirock's Rock typing matches up well against many of the format's Flying-types, like Zapdos, Moltres-G Galarian Moltres, and Charizard.

* Rock Slide is a reliable STAB move for Regirock that allows Regirock to hit Pokemon like that hits common threats like Zapdos, Thundurus-I Thundurus, and Moltres-G Galarian Moltres for super effective damage while also providing a chance to flinch opposing Pokemon. Max Rockfall also sets up sand, improving i feel "boosting" would work better here, but it's your choice to make Regirocks Regirock's Special Defense.

* Drain Punch gives Regirock access to recovery while also allowing Regirock a form of recovery and a way to raise its Attack with Max Knuckle. Body Press is another option that takes advantage of its enormous Defense stat. However, it should be noted that Body Press should only be picked over Drain Punch on curse Curse sets,(AC) where it Regirock can take advantage of the Defense boosts.

* Ice Punch is a great coverage move that allows Regirock to hit opposing we would only use "opposing" here if regirock was also a ground-type Ground-types like Landorus-T and Garchomp, as well as Grass-types such as Rillaboom, Venusaur, and Amoonguss.

* Stomping Tantrum allows Regirock to increase its increases Regirock's Special Defense when turned into Max Quake,(RC) while also giving it coverage against Steel-types such as Heatran and Metagross.

* Curse is an option that allows Regirock to set up against more passive Pokemon like Grimmsnarl and Incineroar. Both Protect and Curse can be run; however, if Regirock does this it will then miss out on crucial coverage.

* Weakness Policy allows Regirock to take advantage of its bulk to take super effective moves from Pokemon like Kartana,(RC) as well as and both Urshifu formes,(RC) and in return fire off a Weakness Policy boosted +2 attack.

* 236 HP EVs minimizes chip damage from moves like G-Max Vinelash while keeping as much HP as possible. 68 Speed EVs allows allow Regirock to outspeed Landorus-T when Tailwind is up. However, Regirock still is 1 point slower than base 60 Speed pokemon Pokemon like Incineroar, Grimmsnarl, and Porygon2. This means that Regirock it will underspeed these pokemon Pokemon when Trick Room is up This makes,(AC) making Regirock very flexible in where it can function.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Bandkrook, 301217]]

minor note: you repeated the structure "X move allows Regirock to..." 6 times in a row. Be mindful of that on your next analyses.
Bandkrook3_Small.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)