Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 96 SpD / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam

Registeel maintains its role as a bulky Stealth Rock setter while using the combination of Iron Defense and Body Press to turn the tables against typical physical attackers such as Rhyperior and Metagross and sweep weakened teams. This particular Registeel set sees use on bulky offense teams that appreciate its ability to soft check foes like Togekiss due to its well-rounded bulk and act as a solid wincon. Heavy Slam allows Registeel to check Togekiss and Mimikyu. Its EV allocation allows Registeel to KO Lucario with Body Press after Life Orb recoil and outspeed Galarian Weezing. Registeel struggles against foes like Chandelure, which takes negligible damage from Heavy Slam, and Milotic, which can nullify its Defense boosts with Haze. Incineroar and Roserade superbly handles these threats and support Registeel's team with Knock Off from the former and Spikes and Sleep Powder from the latter. Having secondary answers to the likes of Togekiss and Raikou can also help Registeel preserve its HP for a sweep. Raikou, Xurkitree, and Tyrantrum can check Togekiss, while Nidoqueen and Celebi answer Raikou.

Last edited:
This reads like an analysis and not really a spotlight. Tag me once implemented and I know it's a lot, so if ya feel like it WALLY#4434 on discord
Registeel @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam

Registeel maintains its role as a bulky Stealth Rock setter while using the combination of Iron Defense and Body Press to force out physical attackers (It technically could, but I think a better way of going about it would be "turn the tables on typical physical attacking counterplay such as... and sweep weakened teams" ) such as Rhyperior and Metagross(with chople and fluffy it's shaky)Bewear.This particular Registeel set sees use on bulky offense teams that appreciate its ability to soft check foes due to its well-rounded bulk and dish out massive damage with Iron Defense-boosted Body Presses.(Elaborate further on what it checks and instead of " dish out massive damage with Iron Defense boosted Body Press" say it's a win condition.)(Explain what Heavy Slam is for (Togekiss and Mimikyu)) The given Defense EVS allow Registeel to OHKO Lucario after Life Orb recoil with Body Press, the speed gets past Galarian Weezing, and the rest is thrown in Special Defense. Iron Defense Registeel can even keep Stealth Rock up against some Defog users it offensively pressures like Flygon and Crobat lacking Super Fang.(Registeel doesn't necessarilly need IronPress to keep SR up against Registeel, but IronPress does let it muscle through Crobat and Defog gon isn't very common, so I just cut this.) Dropping Toxic leaves Registeel more susceptible to bulky Water-types such as Haze Milotic while minimizing counterplay against free switch-ins like Choice Specs Chandelure and Alolan Marowak.(Toxic is not on the set and shouldn't be kept in mind, especially considering this is a spotlight it should just be within the scope of the set.) Instead, mention roadblocks to ID regi and answers to those roadblocks. Although Iron Defense Registeel typically doesn’t end games due to being worn down by its lack of reliable recovery, packing answers to these threats such as Celebi, Raikou, and Milotic helps better position later in the game by forcing them to take chip damage from Registeel’s entry hazards. (I think "Having second checks to Pokemon like Raikou, and Togekiss can help Registeel preserve its HP for a sweep" works better, then you can go on to elaborate on what such checks are. the latter part "forcing them to take chip damage" isn't clear at all here, nor do I think is needed)

add
remove
comment

If this is implemented well I think I can stamp, but please be careful with this one.
Registeel @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam

Registeel maintains its role as a bulky Stealth Rock setter while using the combination of Iron Defense and Body Press to turn the tables against typical physical attackers it otherwise loses to such as Rhyperior and MetagrossBewear and sweep weakened teams.(you had a sentene about where and why Registeel is used when I did my last QC check, I'd like to see that again I did not remove it, but highlighted and left a comment.) Heavy Slam allows Registeel to checkhelps against (More clear)Togekiss and Mimikyu.,(AP) (RC) while Its(Capitalize) EV allocation allows Registeel to tank a Close Combat from Life Orb Lucario and KO Lucario it with Body SlamPress after Life Orb Recoil at +2 and Speed creep Galarian Weezing. Registeel struggles against foes like Chandelure, which takes negligible damage from Heavy Slam, and Milotic, which can nullify its Defense boosts with Haze. (Mention answers to them)Many teams also tend to solely depend on Registeel to check foes such as Raikou and Togekiss throughout the game, which it can still do, but highly prefers not to. Packing answers to these threats, such as Incineroar, Raikou, Celebi, and Tyrantrum, helps preserve Registeel's HP so late-game it can effectively function as a win-con.Having secondary answers to the likes of Togekiss and Raikou can help Registeel preserve its HP for a sweep. Raikou, Xurkitree, and Tyrantrum check Togekiss while Nidoqueen and Celebi answer Raikou.(This I think is a cleaner way of putting it, and plenty of teams do run second checks to Togekiss and especially Raikou, it may bare some truth for Togekiss, though.)

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
Registeel @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam

Registeel maintains its role as a bulky Stealth Rock setter while using the combination of Iron Defense and Body Press to turn the tables against typical physical attackers such as Rhyperior and Metagross and sweep weakened teams. This particular Registeel set sees use on bulky offense teams that appreciate its ability to soft check foes like Togekiss due to its well-rounded bulk and act as a solid win-con wincon. Heavy Slam allows Registeel to check Togekiss and Mimikyu. Its EV allocation allows Registeel to KO Lucario with Body Press after Life Orb recoil and Speed creep outspeed Galarian Weezing. Registeel struggles against foes like Chandelure, which takes negligible damage from Heavy Slam, and Milotic, which can nullify its Defense boosts with Haze. Incineroar and Roserade superbly handles these threats and support Registeel's team with their Knock Off, Spikes and Sleep Powder utility Knock Off from the former and Spikes and Sleep Powder from the latter. Having secondary answers to the likes of Togekiss and Raikou can also help Registeel preserve its HP for a sweep. Raikou, Xurkitree, and Tyrantrum can check Togekiss, (AC) while Nidoqueen and Celebi answer to Raikou.
GP Team done :blobthumbsup:
Estronic-GP-small.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)