Serious Relationships and Sex Ed Thread

Talk to girls. Be a friend to them, and don't even think about the term "friend zone" or if you're in it or not. Flirt if you want, and read their body language and verbal responses and figure out if they're interested. If you think they are, muster up some courage and ask them out on a date. If they say yes, great, take it slow and don't try too hard. If they say no, no big deal, just tell them no problem and continue to be their friend. A "no" today is not a "no" forever.
This isn't an absolute, though. There will be times where it will be more beneficial to walk out of their lives. No one can tell you when that is, but sometimes you shouldn't keep them in your lives.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This isn't an absolute, though. There will be times where it will be more beneficial to walk out of their lives. No one can tell you when that is, but sometimes you shouldn't keep them in your lives.
If you fell too hard for them, absolutely take a break from them for a few weeks or months. You can't get over someone while being their friend and interacting with them every day - it just tears the metaphorical scab right off.

the friend zone is a joke, everyone else did a good job talking about it already though.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Also very true.

If you fell too hard for them, absolutely take a break from them for a few weeks or months. You can't get over someone while being their friend and interacting with them every day - it just tears the metaphorical scab right off.
Absolutely - and the same thing applies to breakups as it does to rejections.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can attest to the fact that I didn't meet my wife until I had stopped "actively" seeking a relationship. Also, simply having a girlfriend is not going to make you happy. Loneliness is a powerful feeling, believe me I know, that drives us to be impatient and desperate. However, anyone here who has been in a bad relationship knows that you're even MORE lonely when you're with someone you don't really want to be with. My advice would be to learn how to be happy when you're single, so that when a relationship does come your way you can feel comfortable, secure, and it can be nothing but a positive addition to your life.

I believe John Candy in Cool Runnings put it best when he said:

"If you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it."

you're even MORE lonely when you're with someone you don't really want to be with.
QFT.

Nothing is worse than finding yourself sitting around with someone and suddenly realizing that you don't want to be with them and ended up with them in the first place for all the wrong reasons. Even more so when that person that you suddenly dont want to be with is feeling what you were wishing that you felt in the first place. That shit is a disaster. I'd take being lonely than experiencing that feel again eight ways to Sunday.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Dead serious question: how often should one masturbate, I fear I am doing it way to much
Don't do it if it hurts, otherwise I don't see any harm in it. If you feel you do it too much, the solution is to keep busy, individuals tend to masturbate more when theyre bored.

If you really want to not do it as often, just force yourself to do 100 pushups instead every time you get the urge. You'll be more productive with your time and really helps if there's some benefit to not doing it.

find other ways to occupy your time. there's a reason the phrase "idle hands are the devil's workshop" exists

not that beating off is a bad thing, mind you

Just to add to the posts stating that "getting" a girlfriend is not the be-all end-all, I'm 20 years old and never even been kissed, but I don't actively think less of myself for it. That's because I've realised (as you can/will too!) there's more to life: Once you get to a certain age (after the first few years of College/University/whatever you do after you turn 18, more or less) you'll realise you have quite a bit of responsibility and that having something to share your troubles with, although probably nice, won't suddenly mean you don't have a degree to study for, or a job to work on. In fact, it'll mean more responsibility, because you'll have someone else to worry about in life.

Nothing is black and white in this scary world we live in. ~True love~ as you may know it doesn't exist, so stop looking for it.

Just my two dollah.

EDIT: Oh gosh, hope I didn't crush too many childhood dreams

Dead serious question: how often should one masturbate, I fear I am doing it way to much
The only time masturbating is an issue is when you are skipping past important shit to rub one out. Like if whacking off is getting in the way of your life, then yeah, you have reached overboard. If whacking off is -not- getting in the way of your life, then fuck it.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
As long as its not interfering with your life (like you're failing to do important shit cause you're tugging the meat pole too much) then its cool. Also another reason to not do it too much is cause you'll get whats known as the "death grip" (no relation to that shitty rap artist) which means you lose sensation in your dick from gripping too hard. A vagina can't compete with a hand in terms of tightness, so you won't be able to jizz as effectively and the girl might be going "wtf" when you aren't cumming with the force of 1500 suns. If that happens to you, don't jerk it for like 2 weeks, that should reset the sensitivity on your wiener and you'll be good to go.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
~True love~ as you may know it doesn't exist, so stop looking for it.
I wholeheartedly disagree, as I have personally found it. The chick-flick definition of "true love" may not exist, but the real definition of true love sure as hell does.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
More than once every day is probably over the line. Some men also have issues where masturbating too much leads to an inability to ejaculate from oral or vaginal sex, so if that's an issue for you it might be a good idea to scale it back a bit.

I guess I picked the wrong phrase, sorry! I was referring to "true love" in the sense of there being only one person who could be a perfect match with, and that you two'd live happily ever after; with 7 billion people on the planet, there is no way that the former point would be the case, and w.r.t. the latter you never know what might be go wrong..

EDIT: "The one", I think that's it. Not true love. My bad.

The concept of soul mates is moronic to me. Moreso that people seem to find their soul mate in high school or college. Come on, if theres only one person in the ENTIRE world who is perfect for you, what if they're in a completely different place? What are the odds that they went to the same high school as you, and aren't in, say, China or Haiti. Its absurd

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I guess I picked the wrong phrase, sorry! I was referring to "true love" in the sense of there being only one person who could be a perfect match with, and that you two'd live happily ever after; with 7 billion people on the planet, there is no way that the former point would be the case, and w.r.t. the latter you never know what might be go wrong..

Alright then. Nicely put :)

like the friend zone, no one outside of high school actually believes in this

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Thanks for clearing that up. I would not disagree with your mindset that "the one" does not exist, but it's really a difficult concept to wrestle with in the first place. Being a man of faith, I would say that the person I am meant to be with is guided by God. Though this would mean that I am "intended" to be with a particular person, it does not necessarily indicate that God could not guide my relationship with any of a number of women in this world. So I guess this is where confusion sometimes happens, because people equate "The One" with "ONLY one" which is not quite accurate.

Of course, not all faiths even agree with the first part so there's more differing opinions to be had. Oh well, I guess it's safe to say that whatever brings people hope and happiness at least gives them a goal in life.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
More than once every day is probably over the line. Some men also have issues where masturbating too much leads to an inability to ejaculate from oral or vaginal sex, so if that's an issue for you it might be a good idea to scale it back a bit.
it's a necessary but not sufficient scenario. someone who masturbates too much who goes gently, varies his technique, uses lube etc will have no problems with vaginal sex, but people who really go at it with a death grip and high speed are setting themselves up for failure

do you masturbate when you have something else you should be doing a lot? then do it less. if you start to see cuts or scrapes on your dick do it less and WAY LESS HARD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)