SS UU Remembers from SM OU (Peaked Top 10)

Thiago Nunes

penguin council
RUPL Champion
sprite drapion.png
sprite coalossal.png
579.png
sprite mawile.png
sprite jellicent.png
sprite flygon.png
This (s/o CaCaTuA for this version) kind of team has become a fear for me, and now whenever I start building sequentially in some tier, it comes to my mind. Many times I tried in other tiers and or could not build something solid or the tier itself made me impossible to such a achievement, but it seems that SS UU gave me this chance, and I decided to post it here.

TEAM:
sprite grande drapion.png

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
Happiness: 160
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Toxic
-
Toxic Spikes

I started thinking about who could put my Toxic Spikes in the tier, and found mainly two options, Weezing Galar and Drapion. The first one had already used so I opted for Drapion. This spread was passed to me by eht, with speed to outspeed 60 bases. It special defense investment helps it check out many ghost types that are present in the tier like Gengar, Polteageist, Cursola, among other Pokemon. Knock Off helps by being a bulkier team, and it decreases opp´s Pokemon longevity by carrying leftovers / black sludge and forcing Pokemon with Heavy-duts boots to touch hazards. Taunt blocks any recover or move status, hazard and boosts from pokes lower than max base 60 and Toxic helps vs Pokemon that didnt touch Toxic Spikes.

sprite grande coalossal.png

Coalossal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Continuing the thought, now I was looking for someone with Spikes, and Coalossal fit perfectly, owned the Spikes, Rapid Spin and put Chandelure inside mindgames, since Drapion don't counter it so well. Its ability helps it pivot against some offensive physical threats, consuming them in burn. Heavy-duty boots helps it not take the damage from hazards, managing to spin without difficulty, and he can press defoggers like Noivern or other less used flying type. Finally, it helps a lot on this team with its bulk against offensive fairy types like Ribombee and Gardevoir. Carry two stabs as moves, Stone Edge that hits flying-type defoggers, also being its strongest move, and opted for Fire Punch, which even with Coalossal's low base of attack, can still press some steel types with a little damage, but Will-O-Wisp is also a solid option.

sprite grande reuniclus.png

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor
- Stored Power
- Recover

Now, with the Toxic Spikes and hazards, we can go inside with the team star, the reason it was created. Reuniclus carries a set with Acid Armor that makes it stand up to attack-side blows, and Calm Mind on the special side, this set doesn't touch dark types, and for that are the Toxic Spikes, where the only one who escapes this rule is Drapion, however in this case the hazards are placed as quickly as possible to knock it down. I started using the SM set with Psyshock, but only after I remembered that he had learned Stored Power, so I decided to switch. It's not too secretive, after dropping the darks or getting them to consume poison, all you have to do is set up in some Poke that Reuniclus is safe (they are not a few) and be out of any chance of ghost and bug knockouts.

sprite grande mawile.png

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Play Rough
- Seismic Toss
- Protect

After Reuniclus, even with the Toxic Spikes I still needed a check for dark types that are frequent in the metagame, and since I had seen a Mawile on the ladder, I decided to go for it which currently looks like the best Obstagoon and Weavile check together. Leftovers for a passive recovery, even though Knock Off often removes it. The moves chosen were Stealth Rock, as 3 Coalossal roles would overload it, Play Rough being its strongest stab, Seismic Toss serving to deal constant damage as it is rare for Play Rough to get any really strong damage and finally Protect, which achieves both passive recovery from Leftovers and scouting Pokemon equipped with choice.

sprite grande jellicent.png

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Relying on all the hazards, I needed two things, a water resistance and a spinblocker, looking in the tier I saw that Jellicent fit the profile, the item he carries is Colbur Berry which serves the darks as some tier fightings that uses Knock Off and other Pokemon with dark coverage. Its moves are Hex, who is its stab, and next to Will-O-Wisp his BP is doubled, Taunt prevents recovering from some slower Pokemon like Gastrodon and Quagsire. FInally, Recover which is its way to regain life.

sprite grande flygon.png

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage

Last but with too much functions, I needed a speed control to get revenge kills, and I found Flygon, which in addition to my speed control, is also the team's ground and electric immunity. Its moves are U-Turn, pivoting and the only way to touch Gardevoir and Weezing Galar. Earthquake its stab ground, Dragon Claw the dragon stab which despite its smaller BP does not hold Flygon and finally we have Outrage which has a higher BP but holds the Pokemon on the field.​

sprite grand kommo-o.png

This Pokemon has been a problem not only for my team but for the metagame to check it out, however I found it profitable to quote it here since if it comes in before I put hazards on the field, it's pretty much a losing game. The best options are Reuniclus that can handle a blow after setup but if I don't setup I won't be able to deal damage with it, and Flygon which after hazards can revenge with Outrage.
sprite grande arctozolt.png

Although not very used, when faced I had serious problems, since nothing of my team does not take 2HKO from Bolt Beak, except Flygon who receives OHKO from Icicle Crash, so it turns out that the priority must be put hazards, because it gets x2 from Stealth Rock and after it, during the game we should use mindgames to hit when coming Bolt Beak and play Flygon.
sprite grande crawdaunt.png

Finally, the most problematic, all its sets are a problem for the team, but I will comment on what I most commonly saw that was Choice Band. As always, using hazards to chip each entry is essential, using mindgames as well, since Mawile even with Intimidate and Protect takes 2HKO from Crabhammer. Jellicent can tank a hit and burn it with Will-O-Wisp, but you have to rely on your opponent to keep Pokemon on the field and Will-O-Wisp to hit, which didn't happen last time I played :P. At all, it's the biggest team threat I've encountered so far.

Top 10.png

Shoutouts to InvejaMata that helped me too much in this run. Tmj Parça.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)