Done Rename "4 Player Random Battle" to "Free For All Random Battle"

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
What the title says. A lot of players think it's a multi / tag battle to start off with and have to be told what the format is in the chat after players realise that one person is never attacking the person on the same side as them. Since it's unrated, it also means it can affect better players since they can always be matched with a noob. It's an awesome new format though, I'm glad it's finally here.

Alternatively, "Random Battle Royale" would be my choice but I'm pretty sure it's called Free For All in the actual games, right?

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
It's called "Battle Royal" in Gen 7 but most people are used to "Free-For-All" because of YouTubers.

Battle Royal had different rules though; once one player lost the battle ended. So Free-For-All is actually Battle Royal without the bad rules.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Free-For-All isn't intended to accurately simulate Battle Royal (although it wouldn't be too hard to write rules that made it accurate). I wanted it to be like Battle Royal but without the technical limitations Gen 7 had.

As for the name, yeah, I've been experimenting; it does seem like "Free-For-All" would be clearer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)