Done Rename [Gen 1] OU (Tradeback) to [Gen 1] Tradebacks OU

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
I would submit a PR for this but idk how PS staff takes that so I'm doing it this way.

So basically I'm looking for this ugly thing to get a format name change;
1617647878875.png

While it seems overly pedantic, this name has caused a few issues when organizing a few things, mainly rooted in the fact the brackets make this "Gen 1 OU" in practice.
  • We recently got Sample Sets added to the RBY Strategy Dex under "Tradebacks OU", and I believe we can't feed the sets to the import/export because of this naming convention.
  • In RoA Live Tours, we have to manually add "Allow Tradeback", so simply having @etour gen1tradebacksou would greatly streamline the process for tour hosts. No need to have two commands anymore! gen1outradeback apparently works, but it's still really awkward when it's just not what people call it...
  • We don't get a dedicated format folder for this metagame due to this name (so no gen1outradeback, just gen1ou), so if we want a team that automatically feeds into a Live Tour or RoA Spotlight Ladder then we just kind of don't get one. This is worse when you're like me and have dozens of teams for various formats, so looking through teams is just a nightmare. This format is so ridiculously different, which makes this a massive user inconvenience.
Hell, RoA and the greater RBY Community almost always calls this Tradebacks OU, or just "Tradebacks" colloquially, it just makes sense to have it named as such. You can see this in RoA Live Tours whenever they're running, or just look at this article by Jellicent which uses the name back in 2015. This name just seems to be such an insane deviation from how other generations are handled and fixing it would be good for the eyes.

Also consistency with Stadium OU would just be nice tbh

Thanks for hearing me out, it's been bothering me forever :blobastonished:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)