Reservoir Dogs (Peaked #1, 2400+ ACRE)

RESERVOIR DOGS

At a Glance:

Introduction:
Hi, Costa here. Long-time lurker, infrequent poster, and guy with way too many nicks to ever get known in the community. I've been playing competitively since Gen 4, and have had my share of success on the ladder but I've never really made an effort to reach out to other players. I play all sorts of playstyles, but I've had my greatest success with rain stall, and my current build is the one you'll get to see in this thread. The team is themed after one of my favorite films, Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs. The nicks also have the added bonus of driving the opponent crazy if he/she didn't understand the reference. I sat 2260+ (top 5) while first testing this team before the reset on an alt, and when the ladder reset I decided to ladder "seriously" to see how well it would fair. I went 27-0 and got first place on my alt, Mr Cabot (The man who sets the Reservoir Dogs on the diamond heist)

Teambuilding:
+

When I went to create this team, and any stall team for that matter, I thought to myself, what is the best spinner in the game? The obvious answer is tentacruel in the rain.

+
+
+

I've had a great deal of success with skarm + chansey in this generation, and their ability to set-up hazards multiple times means I wouldn't be too worried about a spin-blocker, as jellicent's typing overlaps greatly with poli+tenta.

+
+
+
+

Now I needed something to counter terrakion. There really isn't much to choose from, and hp electric slowbro also lets me beat gyarados, who is a huge problem for rain stall.

+
+
+
+
+

The team needed something to stop set-up sweepers on the special side, and the presence keldeo usage warranted the addition of specially defensive celebi.

+
+
+
+
+

Having two psychic types really hurt, and I needed something to take kyurum-b's choiced fusion bolt so I elected to remove slowbro for tangrowth. It matches slowbro's immense physical bulk, and also provides sleep powder, which can take alot of pressure off of the team. Amoonguss was also tested, but even fully invested in defense it couldn't provide the same support for skarmory that tangrowth provided.

/

Mr. Orange (Politoed) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Encore
So Why this Poke?: Politoed really only has two jobs on my team, setting up the rain that makes Tentacruel the best defensive spinner in the game, and playing as fodder when I want to switch something in for free.
Why this Set?: Physically bulky toed allows me to switch into T-tar pretty freely and change the weather. Scald and protect are self-explanatory. Toxic allows me to beat sun teams easily by poisoning ninetales switch-ins, and it also helps with lati@s. Encore is used over perish song because celebi has perish song, and encore+perish song allows me to beat any baton-pass team I might face.
Why Mr. Orange?: In Reservoir Dogs, Mr. Orange is shot during the diamond heist, and spends the entire film bleeding out while still remaining an integral character in the film. Similarly, Politoed plays the role of fodder, but is incredibly important to the team as the weather inducer.
/

Mr. Pink (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy
So Why this Poke?:Chansey is a boss. The incredible amount of bulk allows her to wall the wide majority of special threats on her own, and provides a direct stop to the newly suspected landorus-i.
Why this Set?: I've been using these EV's forever and they seem to work, so I didn't see a need to change them. I ran some calcs way back when, but at this point I forget what they do. Seismic Toss and Softboiled are pretty straightforward. Stealth Rock is placed on Chansey because she is bulky enough to set them up multiple times, and without a spin blocker this happens quite often. Hazards are diversified as Chansey sets up on special threats, while Skarmory sets up on physical ones. I chose aromatherapy over wish, because aromatherapy allows my tentacruel to directly challenge and try to burn other tentacruel, without relying on getting the first burn. Essentially everyone on the team has recovery other than politoed, so wish is really not necessary.
Why Mr. Pink?: Mr. Pink is the last man standing at the end of Reservoir Dogs, and Chansey never seems to die. Also, having the colors match up once really screws with some people as they don't understand why the other nickname don't match up with the corresponding pokemon.
/

Mr. White (Tentacruel) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
So Why this Poke?:Tentacruel is the reason I run rain-stall over other types of stall. Tentacruel in the rain gives a team a check to many important threats such as scizor, lucario, and keldeo with pseudo-recovery, that can also spin.
Why this Set?: There's a reason this is the standard set. The sub-tentacruel set does not stay alive as long without protect, and toxic spikes are invaluable in the meta. Against teams without an answer for T-spikes (commonly sand offense), I'll often lead with tenta and get a layer down.
Why Mr. White?: Tentacruel is the Harvey Keitel of this team. The head honcho. The boss.
/

Mr. Blue (Skarmory) (F) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
So Why this Poke?:SkarmBliss is a core which has been successful for an extremely long period of time, and for good reason. He provides an answer for dragons, and his ability to phaze is extremely important for this team. Between Mr. Blue and Mr. Pink, I'm going to have hazards on their side of the field.
Why this Set?: It's standard for a reason. With running shed-shell I need all the defense I can get, so there's really no room for extra speed to run taunt over brave bird. Shed-Shell is used as a big "Screw You" to drag-mag, and while I do miss the lefties recovery sometimes, the ability to switch him in even if the other team has mag/gothitelle is invaluable.
Why Mr. Blue?: Mr. Blue is in charge of crowd control. Skarmory takes control of so many prominent physical threats, namely dragons, and handles them without worry. He's the forgotten character in the film as well, and so many players attempt to set up their d-nite when he's still in good condition.
/

Mr. Brown (Celebi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 216 SDef / 16 Spd
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Perish Song
- Recover
So Why this Poke?:Celebi provides an answer for the special threats that chansey cannot handle, namely stat-uppers. Her typing allows her to handle the choiced psyshocks being thrown at chansey, and the ability to outright wall keldeo.
Why this Set?: Specially defensive Celebi is something I haven't really used before on my rain stall builds. The EV's allow Celebi to outspeed adamant breloom, while providing maximum bulk while hitting a bonus point in special defense. Psychic is the STAB of choice, as it hits many threats for neutral damage, and I'm going to be switching out of most things giga drain would hit. Reflect is used to allow celebi to handle ttar, and it's used over baton pass because I want to do something on turns the perish count is dropping, without passing the counter to my switch in. It's saved my ass on numerous occasions. Perish song is invaluable to this team, as it provides a stop to many threats for rain stall, such as CM Reuniclus, CM-Sub Jirachi, CM Latias, and to an extent thundurus-t (who is a bitch for this team). Recover is standard to help keep celebi alive.
Why Mr. Brown?: Mr. Brown dies during the heist, and unless the opposing team has one of the previously mentioned niche threats, celebi is often going to be sac'd early so I can gain momentum.
/

Mr. Blonde (Tangrowth) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shock Wave/Power Swap/Leech Seed/Knock Off
So Why this Poke?:Tangrowth is amazingly bulky, and whenever I build stall I come to the question, "What am I going to use to stop Terrakion?". More and more often I'm turning to tangrowth, as its bulk is unrivaled, and regenerator allows me to keep it alive very easily.
Why this Set?: Sleep Powder is great in conjunction with a phazer. In case you don't know, once a poke falls asleep, it maintains the same counter. With a slow sleep like Tangrowth's, I often immediately switch to skarm to whirlwind, and if their counter is 2 (or 3 for that matter) I know I can keep them asleep the entire match. Leaf Storm is chosen because tangrowth is used as a pivot, and it surprises alot of Hippowdon users who expect power whip. HP Ice allows me to hit dragons and the now-common Landorus-T for huge chunks of health. The fourth slot is a little more troubling. While technically illegal (it's a 4th gen tm) PS allows me to use shock wave, which lets tangrowth counter gyarados. Other options include: power swap (which is cool when stuff tries to set up on you) leech seed, and knock off, depending on the user's preference.
Why Mr. Blonde?: Mr. Blonde is a crazy guy. I play incredibly aggressive with tangrowth, and since he isn't used very much, nobody knows what to expect from him.

Things that Suck:
Nasty Plot, Heal Bell Togekiss- I faced this once while testing, screw that guy.
Mixed Jirachi is a bitch, especially the expert belt hp-ice one. I have to either not get haxed (which doesn't happen) or play really intelligently and sleep it with tangrowth.
I need to get rocks down early to beat the Nasty-Plot versions, and play really smart with celebi/chansey.
Rain Dragonite with Superpower runs through this team.
Starmie with recover needs to be worn down until it can't switch in. I often do this with a combination of t-spikes and then predicting their switch in on skarm and hitting it with a brave bird.
Hax sucks. Missingno is a pretty cool guy though.

Concluding Remarks:
Stall is definitely a viable playstyle. While countering everything in the meta is a near impossible task (I'll keep trying), an aggressively played stall team can still hold its own. I hope you enjoyed the RMT, and hopefully this will give me a way to become more involved with the community. Changes and constructive criticism is welcome, as stall is a constantly evolving play-style and hopefully some outside opinions can make this solid team even better. As of now, alot of "standard" teams and cores simply cannot break this combination, and it gives me many lop-sided victories with little risk needed and nearly no guess-work/prediction which is nearly required to succeed on the offensive side of the spectrum.

I gotta give a few shout-outs to end as well:
Kidogo-It's great to see you get so involved in the community. I hope you get back into the [rs] skype chats so we can team-build together sometime.
Seedy-<3
Kevin Garrett- We've only talked a few times, but your gen 4 KG Stall RMT was the reason I stuck with competitive pokemon.
Delko-You were really nice when I talked to you about halo some time ago on another random alt.

Importable: (Feel free to steal, just keep the nicks)
Mr. Orange (Politoed) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Encore

Mr. Pink (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy

Mr. White (Tentacruel) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Protect

Mr. Blue (Skarmory) (F) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Mr. Brown (Celebi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 216 SDef / 16 Spd
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Perish Song
- Recover

Mr. Blonde (Tangrowth) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shock Wave

er I don't really play ou that much (last time was 5 months ago) so I may be wrong here
this team looks fairly solid
volcarona looks like a problem, as u generally rely on defending against it rather than killing it. as such, if hazards are not laid down yet, you can only hope to beat it with chansey.
+6 0 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 40 HP / 216+ SpD Eviolite Chansey: 238-282 (36.55 - 43.31%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
chansey only does 26.9%, which means 20% after lefties, and flame body will put you in 2hko range, as will a SDef drop from bug buzz. and it can set up on tangrowth or tentacruel.
cm latias is easier to deal with due to lack of firepower allowing celebi to perish song

I think I've battled you once! Or someone using your team. Not sure if won or lost, though. I do remember that the battle was insteresting :D

Anyway, here's one match of mine using your team.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-34677107

I can't seem to have much success with it, perhaps because I've only started using it. But every team loses some Pokes to it, that's for sure.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-34678524

Here, on the other hand, is a match that was won easily and if the guy had fought to the bitter end, it could have ended with a 6-0 for me. So yeah, this team is amazing. I congratulate you on your team assembling skills, and I'd be honored if you helped me improve my previous offensive/boosting OU team.

er I don't really play ou that much (last time was 5 months ago) so I may be wrong here
this team looks fairly solid
volcarona looks like a problem, as u generally rely on defending against it rather than killing it. as such, if hazards are not laid down yet, you can only hope to beat it with chansey.
+6 0 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 40 HP / 216+ SpD Eviolite Chansey: 238-282 (36.55 - 43.31%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
chansey only does 26.9%, which means 20% after lefties, and flame body will put you in 2hko range, as will a SDef drop from bug buzz. and it can set up on tangrowth or tentacruel.
cm latias is easier to deal with due to lack of firepower allowing celebi to perish song
Volcarona is one of those things that I need to rely on status to beat, and I'll play very aggressive with t-spikes if the other team can't handle it. Otherwise, I'll switch politoed into them when they're at +1, it'll tank a Giga Drain and ill toxic it.

I think I've battled you once! Or someone using your team. Not sure if won or lost, though. I do remember that the battle was insteresting :D

Anyway, here's one match of mine using your team.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-34677107

I can't seem to have much success with it, perhaps because I've only started using it. But every team loses some Pokes to it, that's for sure.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-34678524

Here, on the other hand, is a match that was won easily and if the guy had fought to the bitter end, it could have ended with a 6-0 for me. So yeah, this team is amazing. I congratulate you on your team assembling skills, and I'd be honored if you helped me improve my previous offensive/boosting OU team.
Looking at that first replay, you have to analyze what the other team has and what's important for you to keep alive. You can't let skarm go down against a mono-drag team, and you could have used politoed as fodder to get tangrowth in without losing skarm against Haxorus. In addition to this, keeping skarm healthy is more important than getting hazards down against a team like that, so don't be afraid to roost frequently. Also, don't be afraid to lead with tentacruel against a team like that and lay down t-spikes, granted it couldn't set up on kyurum, it's just something to think about.

Very nice team you have here C05ta, dont really see much success this meta with rain stall but it seems you have. Dont really see many overwhelming weaknesses and the ones I do see have already been listed. Could see band tar plus cm keldeo being an issue but if played well it should be fine. luvdisc'd

Very nice team you have here C05ta, dont really see much success this meta with rain stall but it seems you have. Dont really see many overwhelming weaknesses and the ones I do see have already been listed. Could see band tar plus cm keldeo being an issue but if played well it should be fine. luvdisc'd
Band tar teams can be problematic, but their general weakness to t-spikes, and tangrowth's ability to continually switch into t-tar really helps. Celebi's reflect also takes alot of pressure off of the team as well. If they have a spinner, I'll play really aggressive with skarm to try and phaze in keldeo onto the t-spikes. Thanks for the luvdisc :)

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-34702396

I lost 0-6 here with most frags dealt by enemy Alakazam. Due to his immunity to residual damage, Alakazam utterly stomps this team. I think I might have won the match I played against it with mine.
CM/Recover Alakazam 6-0's this team. Other sets, (bar the charge beam/psyshock variants) are handled by chansey.

I met this team in the PO ladder once and it was pretty damn solid, took me alot to weaken tentacruel so after an SD Lucario could sweep trough this team(Tangrowth was asleep). But yeah pretty good team and the Shock Wave on Tangrowth seems like a pretty good way to get rid of Gyarados but i would say to run Earthquake over it and making it a Relaxed nature and maybe consider running Giga Drain over Leaf Storm so pokemon dont try to set up freely. And i tihnk thats it. GL <3

I met this team in the PO ladder once and it was pretty damn solid, took me alot to weaken tentacruel so after an SD Lucario could sweep trough this team(Tangrowth was asleep). But yeah pretty good team and the Shock Wave on Tangrowth seems like a pretty good way to get rid of Gyarados but i would say to run Earthquake over it and making it a Relaxed nature and maybe consider running Giga Drain over Leaf Storm so pokemon dont try to set up freely. And i tihnk thats it. GL <3
The only thing that sets-up on Tangrowth which isn't easily handled by the team is Volcarona, and there really isn't anything I can do to the set that'll change that. Pretty much everything else is phazed/p-song'd by Skarm and Celebi, respectively.

Edit: As requested, here are some replays of my last few games:

Handling Alakazam
Band-tar
Winning without hazard control->I played really poorly here but the team made up for it..

"Handling Alakazam" but your opponent's Alakazam had Psychic over Psyshock.. Not worthy of a post at all, to be quite honest. I also have no idea why you're playing Leftovers over Black Sludge on Tentacruel ESPECIALLY on a stall team. You should definitely fix that as soon as possible.

"Handling Alakazam" but your opponent's Alakazam had Psychic over Psyshock.. Not worthy of a post at all, to be quite honest. I also have no idea why you're playing Leftovers over Black Sludge on Tentacruel ESPECIALLY on a stall team. You should definitely fix that as soon as possible.
Psyshock does 30ish%, it's the same idea. I use lefties because if I get tricked I don't want my opponent to be able to trick the black sludge on something else

This is a really solid stall team here man, kudos to you.

I am surprised you aren't listing Volcarona as a threat, unless you get 2 layers of Toxic Spikes down, you have to basically sack Politoed as you said, and even then after rocks Giga Drain has a chance to 1HKO.

The easier fix to this is to find Toxic on Tentacruel or Chansey, probably over Toxic Spikes or Aromatherapy, running Toxic on Chansey alleviates the Starmie weakness a tad.

Latios also looks to be problematic, as well as CM-Latias, I can't really think of a good fix to this honestly, as all their common checks don't fit well on this team. I have an a few thoughts about maybe Jirachi > Skarmory tied with Roserade (for spikes) > Celebi, but at that point I already changed the core of this team. If you are interesting though, we could discuss it further. Probably the easiest fix is again to run Toxic on Chansey to at least poison it on the Trick and give you a fighting chance to Poison Latias if you can nab it on the Recover, running a more specially defensive Politoed may also ease this weakness.

I know you have rain, but would you expand on how you deal with sun teams, Venusaur looks to be a problem but apparently you have don't have much of an issue with them.

Have you ever tested using both Slowbro and Amoonguss at the same time, you give up your nice checks to bothersome threats to stall like Runiclus and CM-Jirachi, but in return you get a more solid defensive front with Slowbro and a Keldeo and Breloom counter than isn't weak to pursuit. Just something to try out, I was unsure if you did already by your team building process.

Finally, I also suggest testing a physically defensive Amoonguss. It sort of compresses the roles of Celebi and Tangrowth into one, checking Terrakion and Keldeo, which opens up another slot for this team.

This is a solid team though, the suggestions I am giving as just things to maybe toy around with. I hope your good luck continues. :)

This is a really solid stall team here man, kudos to you.
<3

I am surprised you aren't listing Volcarona as a threat, unless you get 2 layers of Toxic Spikes down, you have to basically sack Politoed as you said, and even then after rocks Giga Drain has a chance to 1HKO.

The easier fix to this is to find Toxic on Tentacruel or Chansey, probably over Toxic Spikes or Aromatherapy, running Toxic on Chansey alleviates the Starmie weakness a tad.
I find Aromatherapy to be vital to the success of this team. I playtested without it and any match against another tentacruel becomes extremely hax dependent, which is the last thing that I want.

As for Volcarona, it's one of those threats on paper that I don't really have a problem playing around. As lame as an excuse as that is, I've never really had an issue with a Volc matchup. Perhaps I should run some Special Defense on Politoed now that giga drain is becoming more popular, but otherwise I don't see a need to change either Chansey or Tentacruel because of Volcarona.

Latios also looks to be problematic, as well as CM-Latias, I can't really think of a good fix to this honestly, as all their common checks don't fit well on this team. I have an a few thoughts about maybe Jirachi > Skarmory tied with Roserade (for spikes) > Celebi, but at that point I already changed the core of this team. If you are interesting though, we could discuss it further. Probably the easiest fix is again to run Toxic on Chansey to at least poison it on the Trick and give you a fighting chance to Poison Latias if you can nab it on the Recover, running a more specially defensive Politoed may also ease this weakness.
CM Latias is easily handled between skarmory and celebi. The first time I see Latias I bring out celebi for the P-Song, and if I've scouted their fourth move and it's psyshock/sub, then I can phaze it with skarm. Also, Chansey can pp stall it at +6.

Latios can be problematic, but celebi really helps here as it can take a draco meteor and recover off the damage, or take next to nothing from psyshock. While they're difficult to take down (it usually happens with a burn as they switch in, or stealth rocks), it can't really break through anything without a boosting move.

I know you have rain, but would you expand on how you deal with sun teams, Venusaur looks to be a problem but apparently you have don't have much of an issue with them.
Winning the weather war against standard sun is easily accomplished by poisoning ninetales when it switches in against politoed. When gaining +1 instead of +2 from growth, Venu is beaten by Chansey. There was one occasion where I had to sac Skarmory to kill it with brave bird (against a sun team with gothitelle) but other than that I really don't have an issue with sun

Have you ever tested using both Slowbro and Amoonguss at the same time, you give up your nice checks to bothersome threats to stall like Runiclus and CM-Jirachi, but in return you get a more solid defensive front with Slowbro and a Keldeo and Breloom counter than isn't weak to pursuit. Just something to try out, I was unsure if you did already by your team building process.
I've actually had alot of success with amoonguss, but when I used it with slowbro I straight-up to lose to CM/Sub pokes, which I don't really like. I only use tangrowth over amoonguss because amoonguss struggles with beating terrakion, who is too important of a threat not to have a solid answer to. Tentacruel serves as a keldeo check, and tangrowth counters breloom, so I have a secondary mon for each which isn't bothered by pursuit.

Finally, I also suggest testing a physically defensive Amoonguss. It sort of compresses the roles of Celebi and Tangrowth into one, checking Terrakion and Keldeo, which opens up another slot for this team.
I've tried it, unfortunately it doesn't handle terrakion as well as I need it to. Tangrowth's immense bulk takes alot of pressure off of Skarmory and Amoonguss just doesn't cut it with the power of the physical threats of this generation.

This is a solid team though, the suggestions I am giving as just things to maybe toy around with. I hope your good luck continues. :)
Much appreciated. Alot of the stuff you've suggested has been part of my rain stall builds over the past few years, but I just can't stand to straight-up lose to Sub/CM sets as well as not have an easy answer for terrakion.

The one thing I've thought of that would really help this build on paper would be quagsire, but it just isn't bulky enough to be constantly switching in on the current threats. Maybe specially defensive gastrodon would be an answer, but then I lose a way to beat last poke CM/Sub Latias.

On the topic of Gastrodon, Porri Sames ran a very similar team to this with Gastrodon and physically defensive Amoonguss in the last 2 slots in the old Dream World metagame, which at this point is standard OU for all intents and purposes.

Perhaps his RMT could give you some insight on how that might function, as well as other little preferences he has in the team which may be useful.

On the topic of Gastrodon, Porri Sames ran a very similar team to this with Gastrodon and physically defensive Amoonguss in the last 2 slots in the old Dream World metagame, which at this point is standard OU for all intents and purposes.

Perhaps his RMT could give you some insight on how that might function, as well as other little preferences he has in the team which may be useful.
Thanks. I've actually used his team quite a bit back when I played DW, but the issue is that terrakion is just too important to only have a shaky check for.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I used this build in bw1 meta to get some of my best scores on ladder but with a cm jirachi over celebi to make enemy ferrothorn more of a liability and beat cm alakazam, but in this gen celebi is probably better. that said i still think its probably one of if not the best rain stall builds out there; congrats on your success, although 2 things; i'd definitely put 24 speed on skarmory to outspeed cb tar wobbufet and certain politoeds, as well as leech seed for tangrowths last move; its infintiely helpful for beating conkeldurr dragonite and other setup sweepers. one thing i always wanted to test out was scarftoed since i honestly think that the core of tentacruel skarmory tangrowth can beat any physical threat, and that could help your thunder-t problem, but im sure that has its disadvantages as well as its benefits. overall its a nice team, its cool to see someone having success with the tangrowth/skarmory build [not saying its mine or anything, just a shame that it wasnt a very popular build in bw since its so good], luvdisced

I used this build in bw1 meta to get some of my best scores on ladder but with a cm jirachi over celebi to make enemy ferrothorn more of a liability and beat cm alakazam, but in this gen celebi is probably better. that said i still think its probably one of if not the best rain stall builds out there; congrats on your success, although 2 things; i'd definitely put 24 speed on skarmory to outspeed cb tar wobbufet and certain politoeds, as well as leech seed for tangrowths last move; its infintiely helpful for beating conkeldurr dragonite and other setup sweepers. one thing i always wanted to test out was scarftoed since i honestly think that the core of tentacruel skarmory tangrowth can beat any physical threat, and that could help your thunder-t problem, but im sure that has its disadvantages as well as its benefits. overall its a nice team, its cool to see someone having success with the tangrowth/skarmory build [not saying its mine or anything, just a shame that it wasnt a very popular build in bw since its so good], luvdisced
Very cool stuff, and will stall all roads lead to Rome :)

I'm not a huge fan of leech seed, dnite can't set up on tangrowth, and usually I beat conk with tentacruel regardless. Basically anything that can set up on it can be phased by skarm/celebi.

Agreed with the skarm evs. I may or may not have lied about some of the EVs that I use to speed creep some stuff, but we'll ignore that :P

My only concern with scarf toed is the inability to switch into Ttar. The bulk is really useful, but I do see your point, so I'll give it a test. Thanks for the rate and the luvdisc <3

I might recommend a more specially defensive tentacruel set since a keldeo that recieve a NP boost can run circles thru the team, and if toxic spikes aren't down you are hurting. Just something to think about since you have a good answer to terrakion already.

Also as previously suggested toxic over toxic spikes on tenta, I saw tspikes hurting your tangrowths ability to sleep powder.

I might recommend a more specially defensive tentacruel set since a keldeo that recieve a NP boost can run circles thru the team, and if toxic spikes aren't down you are hurting. Just something to think about since you have a good answer to terrakion already.

Also as previously suggested toxic over toxic spikes on tenta, I saw tspikes hurting your tangrowths ability to sleep powder.
How is keldeo receiving a nasty plot boost? Skarm/celebi phaze celebi. Not to mention I need tentacruel to beat lucario and scizor.

T-spikes are generally more useful than sleeping something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)