Tournament Restrictions Playtesting Tournament (Won by Scoopapa)

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Welcome to the Restrictions Playtesting Tournament! At the beginning of this mod I wanted to take a pause before submissions completely ended to make sure we were on track to creating a balanced format, and I still think it's a good idea, so here we are. This mod has gained enough traction to the point to where I think a tournament may be better for getting more data than just playtesting it on Discord.

A few things of note...
- All matches will be single elimination, best of 3.
- The bracket for this will be seeded to the best of my ability and kept privately. It won't be possible to seed this perfectly since I know at least a few people who haven't played at all who have shown interest in joining, but I'm going to try my best.
- I won't be hosting this on the same site as most Smogon tournaments so bye rounds are going to work differently. I imagine a very large amount of participants will get a bye at some point, but they won't be all at once. Not certain about that though.
- I'm joining this tournament myself and don't know how far I'll make it, but if you're still in the game and I'm out, I may DM you asking to spectate. I'm going to be recording my perspective of this and want to show the later parts of this tournament as well no matter what.
- I'm also going to be getting everyone's ideas on what their personal viability rankings are so I can use this data to make a community VR. You have to participate to join in this poll, and it'll be set in such a way that people who get further in the bracket will have a heavier influence on a Pokemon's placement than people who get out early on.
- You'll have exactly one week to finish each of your matches. Please share all of your replays. If you forget that's okay even if I'd rather you try not to, just get both players to confirm the match results.
- Signups will last until exactly one week until this post, down to the exact hour. In order to join, post "in" in this thread.

As for a few resources...
- Here's some replays: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12. Note that most of these were just barely before the last slate was added, and Sorree and Thuco-Tuco are looking to be huge threats.
- This is the spreadsheet in case you want to see all the information on a given Pokemon.
- This is the Pet Mods Discord in case you want to get some practice games in with the community.
- Most importantly, all games must be played on Dragon Heaven.

This tournament is over, and Scoopapa is the winner!

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
Just under 48 hours remain for entry! Also worth noting that since the last post and now, I've added 12 somewhat recent replays to the first post for those who haven't played that much.

DuoM2

whao
Alright, signups are closed as it's been a week. Let's begin!

Round 1
earl vs kakaks
DuoM2 vs BitBitio
ViZar vs Magmajudis
El Cadaver vs Petuuuhhh
zxgzxg vs TheUltraFinder
And the following users have byes - readytolose, Mossy Sandwich, and Scoopapa. These should be the only byes of the tournament excluding when someone DQs.

You all have until March 27th, 11 PM EDT/GMT-4. Please communicate with each other on either one another's profiles or DMs for when you play. I'll be giving a 48 hour warning and will tag those who have not yet planned then. Best of luck, everyone!

EDIT: Also, as a reminder, this is Best of 3 throughout the whole tournament.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
48 hours until round 2 starts! Most matches have been done but I'd like to tag earl and kakaks as a reminder to plan their match if they have yet to already, and I'd like to tag BitBitio even though we planned what day we would play to keep in mind we may want a specific time as well.

DuoM2

whao
Triple post but I'm going to allow earl and kakaks a 24 hour extension, the two of them have by and large been pretty active and I don't really want to DQ since I'm confident they'll be able to reach and battle each other by then.

That being said, I still want this tournament to go on, so Round 2 has begun!

readytolose vs ViZar
zxgzxg vs DuoM2
Mossy Sandwich vs El Cadaver
Scoopapa vs earl (kakaks ended up dqing)

The round will end on April 3rd at 11 PM EDT/GMT-4, or exactly one week after this post for convenience. I want to play some this week outside of bracket to see what nerfs should be given to Thuco-Tuco if anything, although most people who have played with it a bunch seem to agree it's broken. See you next Saturday!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)