ORAS OU Retribution (ORAS OU Hyper Offense)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Hi there, a complete scrub here, I thought i would try and build a team after 3/4 of a year without playing OU or any competitive pokemon. I personally love all of the pokemon on this, im open to any criticism towards the pokemon on this team!

Teambuilding Process:
First, I started with this guy, my favorite water type in this tier. I picked him mainly since I struggle building around him so i needed a challenge. I picked a choice specs set for him, so I had a wallbreaker at the start of the team, and i didn't want to worry about it later.
Next, I needed a Pokemon who worked well with Keldeo, covering a couple weaknesses of Keldeo (electric, grass and psychic) and Keldeo covers some of Latios' weaknesses (bug, dark, and ice). Latios is here to be a cleaner nearing the end of a match, which is why it runs Roost. I originally ran it with Earthquake over Hidden Power Fire, but i thought that HP Fire had more use
Now, I wanted a pokemon who could support Latios and Keldeo, who would be supported by them as well. Scizor's main weakness is fire, of course, but having Keldeo allows scizor to thrive, not having to worry about fire. But then there is the possibility of Magnezone trapping him, then completely taking care of him with Hidden Power Fire, which is why I chose latios. Latios has a nice Special Attack stat, duh, and when running Life Orb, HP Fire is a 2 hit ko on both scarf and specs magnezone. Now with scizor being my mega, that is why i am so concerned with protecting it, and really trying to have it live longer.
(
)
In the middle of making this team, i realized i didn't have any sort of a hazard setter, after considering a few options, checking the OU forums, i settled on Dugtrio. Dugtrio is obviously fast, but he has little bulk, allowing him to have a small disadvantage which is neutralized by his high speed. Because of his low HP, and with him running a Focus Sash, i chose to run him as a sacrifice at the beginning of the game, when im setting stealth rocks up. His moveset reflects this, with him running Earthquake/Reversal/Momento/SR, he has the perfect move set to act as a sacrifice, If im confident with the opponents lead, ill go for a reversal, but if i do not feel confident enough, I'll use momento. Momento is also useful for a pokemon who is setting up to sweep, i will use it to lower the stats of the opposing pokemon to make it harder for them to set up.
(
)
Although this pokemon does not fit with my team very well, listen to this explanation. Hoopa-Unbound is an excellent Pokemon, it has amazing moves, stats, but a terrible ability. Hoopa is on this team to be a stall breaker, running a life orb + attacks, it can break up stall teams easily.
(
)
We have our only defensive wall here, really here to cover weaknesses of the entire team. Now Heatran resists a whopping 9 types, which are our team's biggest weaknesses. Like Bug, Fairy, and Ice. He has a stallish moveset, involving Roar, Taunt, and Toxic. He runs these moves for a couple reasons, one reason is that Stealth rock is useless on him while i have dugtrio, and with roar, it stops things from setting up, and with taunt, well, he wont be taunted!

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald/Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Icy Wind
Now as it was mentioned, Keldeo is my wallbreaker, namely for any Physical Walls. I have 2 moves listed for slot one because i cant decide on Scald or Hydro Pump, which one i would rather use. I have hidden power bug for Physically Defensive Celebi, and Icy Wind, being it's only ice type move.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid/Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Earthquake
- Roost/Defog
I have Latios on this team to help with Keldeo's weaknesses and with Mega-Scizor. It is running roost or defog, i can't decide which is better. But when running roost, i use it as a late game cleaner, being able to heal itself it allows itself to just fly through a lot of different things. Latios also helps Scizor with his Magnezone Problem, 2 hit ko-ing both scarf and specs magnezone with Hidden Power Fire, and almost 1hkoing them with Earthquake.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Knock Off/Pursuit
- Swords Dance
Ah, Mega Scizor, what can i say what hasn't been said already. Mega Scizor in my opinion is the perfect mega for this team, having one weakness which is covered by almost the entire team, having absurdly high attack, and he has clamps. The main goal he has is to set up a couple swords dances, and then fly through the opposing team. His two main stabs being boosted by Technician, and having access to Knock Off and Pursuit, he can be a monster to deal with if you aren't prepared.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento
- Stealth Rock
Here is dugtrio. Dugtrio is my main hazard setterupper, and he is also a sacrifice for the team. When his focus sash is gone, he has 2 options, one, use a 200 base power fighting type move and do some damage, or go for momento, and in special cases use earthquake, but that didn't sound dramatic enough for me. But certain pokemon will fall to Reversal if you play your cards right. Dugtrio also is the only fully evolved pokemon with access to Arena Trap, so if a pokemon does not do well against him, well, you aren't leaving.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch/Hidden Power Ice
Now, this ugly piece of shit is an excellent stallbreaker. Just look at his base 160/170 offenses, you can just kiss stall goodbye. Dark Pulse basically is a death sentence to every Psychic type in the tier, and it 2 hits skarmory, while running 160 attack will allow it to 1HKO Mixed Defenses Clefable with Gunk Shot, and 96 spatk EVs allows it to 1hko Tank Garchomp with Hidden Power Ice.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roar
Heatran is a great addition for my team, since i noticed my team fell to this little beast easily. Heatran has the perfect defense against a few other walls, and it protects my team from it's huge Fairy weakness, and it stops from setup sweepers and revenge killers from taking care of my team.

Team is below
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Icy Wind

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roar

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch

Give me any tips or something i could add or subtract to this team!

Just be extremely mean about it.​

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hey! Your team could be fixed to work better than is working right now :O
Here the changes I can suggest you !_!

Keldeo needs BOTH Scald and Hydro Pump in order to have power with Hpump if needed and so 2HKO stuff like Mew or OHKO stuff like Scizor but also have Scald if you need to try to burn Latwins, Saur, Ferrothorns, Rotom-W etc. Then you can easily remove HP Bug (Is Celebi a problem for your team? I don't think so).
Keldeo-R @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

>
Since you don't really need Dugtrio to trap Heatrans or Tyranitars, you can switch your Dugtrio with Tank Chomp that offers you a decent and punishing switch-in on Physical megas like Metagross or Lopunny.
Garchomp (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

Couldn't find the Hoopa-U Sprite O_O Well, Hoopa is OK but you really need Zen Headbutt + Hyperspace Hole (or Psychic + Hyperspace Hole) since it's missing one important STAB RN.
Hoopa-B @ Life Orb
Trait: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Since Scizor is your only switch in on stuff like Mega Diancie, its spread has to be bulky and not randomly offense like your spread. Also you need Roost in order to keep its staying power. Here the set i suggest you.
Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Trait: Light Metal
EVs: 200 HP / 100 Atk / 52 Def / 100 SDef / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

>
You really need an important Ground switch-in and a safe win condition. Since Heatran is not your Stealth Rock setter, and Scizor can switch on Latwins as well, you could change Heatran in Sword Dance Sharp Beak Talonflame in order to have a way to rkill Char X after Garchomp damages.
Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak
Trait: Gale Wings
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Finally, if you run Talon you're forced to run EQ+Roost to support as well the burning bird since EQ helps against opposing Heatrans and defog prevents hazardz, especially SR!
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Here the whole ETT :O
Keldeo-R @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak
Trait: Gale Wings
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Garchomp (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Trait: Light Metal
EVs: 200 HP / 100 Atk / 52 Def / 100 SDef / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Hoopa-B @ Life Orb
Trait: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

I hope i helped you :O

Nedor

thiccc
hello BoxedOccaBerrys, i understand what you are going for with this specific build, and you are on the correct track, but there are multiple issues that i have recognized with the team. first off, the two main expendable members are dugtrio as well as hoopa-unbound. i mention these two specifically because they both provide nothing to your build on a defensive standpoint, and you already fulfill their roles with the other members. in this case, hoopa-unbound is supposed to break slower, bulkier archetypes allowing your offensive swords dance mega scizor to clean efficiently, but the combination of specs keldeo, life orb latios, as well as taunt heatran make it really difficult for said playstyles to function properly. as for dugtrio, there are a few physical threats that you are susceptible such as mega lopunny, mega charizard-x, excadrill, offensive talonflame, just to name a few. this makes dugtrio fairly expendable and outclassed by a mon' that provides defensive utility and more role compression in general. in this rate, i will try to enhance your goal of winning with sd mega scizor late game once its checks have been weakened / removed, along with making the backbone of the build sturdier.

first off, a beneficial change that should be made is defensive rocks landorus-t > dugtrio. this mon' not only provides you a far more consistent stealth rocker to wear down the opposing team, but as well as a pivot. with the combination of specs keldeo and lo latios wallbreaking, they definitely appreciate free switch ins and momentum to dish out powerful attacks, without coming in and getting weakened throughout the match by resisted hits alongside hazards and potential status. as i mentioned above, there's a plethora of physical attackers that cause problems when given free turns or if your opponent has momentum, and landorus-t is capable of pivoting in on most of them consistently, especially with a change made later on in the rate that relieves pressure off of it to do so.

the second major change that i'm making to the build is glare serperior as opposed to a rather redundant mon' at this point, hoopa-unbound. as you may have overlooked, the main way that you break bulkier water types is through latios, which is fairly inconsistent as well because you do not have a form of recovery on it, gets worn down through life orb hits as well as repeatedly coming in on hits; not to mention the fact that its bait for pursuit trappers, and something along the lines of pursuit scarftar + tg manaphy (a core commonly found on bulky offense and balance) being extremely threatening. glare was chosen specifically on the set to provide speed control as well as luring in both variants of tornadus-t, which depending on the set, steamrolls through your current team. with the loss of hoopa-u, you are not necessarily losing a wallbreaker in this case, as serperior often has good matchups against slower archetypes (semi-stall, balance etc.) this mon' also polishes your goal of sweeping with sd mega scizor, as removing certain bulky waters and bulky ground types helps indefinitely. you can test both hp fire and hp ground as possibilities, both having their pros and cons in being capable of breaking heatran, or other steels respectively. this leads me onto the next change, which is a bulkier sd mega scizor set / spread. without a form of reliable recovery on it (specifically on this type of playstyle), mega scizor finds a tough time creating set up opportunities for itself against a multitude of wallbreakers that it can now boost on, some of them being life orb gengar, lo / mega alakazam, mega gardevoir, excadrill, bisharp, mega lopunny, and the list goes on. the specific spread provided below avoids 2hko's from all of these, allowing it to comfortably switch in to said mons' and proceed to cause issues for the opponent, while also relieving some pressure off landorus-t to check physical threats.

moving onto smaller details / optimizations, i recommend you modifying your keldeo set to scald / hydro pump / secret sword / icy wind. as -Snow mentioned in his rate, hydro pump is used when damage output is mandatory to ensure a 2hko on something, and scald can be freely used early-mid game to weaken the opposing team with potential burns. next, offensive electric types like mega manectric, thundurus, and raikou could potentially be troublesome if spdef heatran gets worn down, so running roost + defog latios would be beneficial in consistently checking them, you can also consider a slightly bulkier spread. standard zard-y builds with pursuit support can becoming annoying with your over dependence on latios to check it, stone edge over roar on heatran would not only help with this, but improve your match up against taunt + wisp and bulk up variants of talonflame, which are issues indefinitely.
---------------
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 152 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Glare

that's all i've got for now, i hope you could understand the changes i made and why i specifically made them. as sd mega scizor cleaning was the main goal for the team, i tried to enhance it based off of that. other than that, have a good day and good luck! n_n

Last edited:
Hi,

Unfortunately I'll have to lock this thread, as it does not currently follow the rules of our forum. Please carefully read over the RMT rules and maybe also check out the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and formatting we require. After you have done this, you can PM me the updated version of the RMT that complies with the rules and I'll be happy to unlock it for you. Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)