All Gens Retro Cup of Pokémon: Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Spreadsheet | 2020 ⏭

Signups | Qualifying | Round 1 | Round 2 | Semifinals | Finals

Introduction

Retro Cup of Pokémon features all tiers retired from World Cup of Pokémon. That means this year, it will just be an RBY OU tournament. Each national team is allowed 3 players, plus 1 substitute. The first 16 teams (corresponding to those who applied for this year's World Cup of Pokémon) to successfully apply will be the teams to make up the tournament. For the first round, players will be randomly assigned into 12 groups of 4, with the top 8 teams with the most wins collected. The seeding tiebreak will be the highest ranking points (6 points for sole 1st, 4 points for sole 2nd and 2 points for sole 3rd, shared between spots if necessary) within the group, just like WCoP and then randomization as the secondary tiebreak. The qualifying tiebreak will be full 3 vs 3 man matchups involving the tied teams. From Round 2 onwards, your team's captain will be asked to submit your lineup in order from spots 1-3. The rest of the tournament will be single elimination 3 vs 3 man matchups. Every tournament match will be first-to-2! (best of 3 excluding ties).

VS

Italy (2-1) US Central
Captains: The Idiot Ninja | d0nut

1: vakatalesau [smilzo] (2-1) urban (Replay: 1, 2, 3)
2: Not Troller (2-0) Eo Ut Mortus (Replay: 1, 2)
3: The Idiot Ninja (0-2) HSA (Replay: 1, 2)

Substitutes: vakatalesau | d0nut

VS

Canada (1-2) US West
Captains: Genesis7 | dice

1: Genesis7 (0-2) dice (Replay: 1, 2)
2: soulgazer (1-2) Lavos (Replay: 1, 2, 3)
3: Texas Cloverleaf (2-1) psychicmewtwo (Replay: 1, 2, 3)
Substitutes: Jirachee | rozes

VS

Europe (0-2) UK

Captains: Mister Tim | p2
1: MetalGro$$ (0-2) p2 (Replay: 1, 2)
2: Melle2402 vs 6A9 Ace Matador (Replay: 1, 2, 3)
3: Mister Tim (0-2) 1 True Lycan (Replay: 1, 2)

Substitutes: Ch01W0n5h1n | shade

VS

France (1-2) Germany
Captains: Peasounay | Linkin Karp

1: Diegolh (0-2) Lusch (Replay: 1, 2)
2: Peasounay (2-1) Mael (Replay: 1, 2, 3)
3: thelinekioubeur (1-2) Bedschibaer (Replay: 1, 2, 3)
Substitutes: Zokuru | Linkin Karp

Play a first-to-2 (best of 3 excluding ties) match once against your opponent.

Deadline: August 9th 08:00 AM EDT / 01:00 PM CEST

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Canada (2) vs (1) US West
Genesis7 (65) vs (35) dice - Gen7 was impressive round 1, he should win this one off of more RBY experience
soulgazer (45) vs (55) Lavos - should be a great match, both are really solid
Texas Cloverleaf (70) vs (30) psychicmewtwo - idk about psym2's skill level in RBY but Texas is probably top 5 rbyers at the moment, he should take this one

Europe (3) vs (0) UK
MetalGro$$ (60) vs (40) p2 - p2's shown decent stuff in round 1 and metal is kinda prone to tilting esp if he gets lucked, p2 takes this if he takes game 1. Metal is better otherwise
Melle2402 (75) vs (25) 6A9 Ace Matador - melle stomped R1 and AM had two dead games. lol
Mister Tim (55) vs (45) 1 True Lycan - closer match than some may think, 1TL is good and if he knows how to play vs ice spammers, which I think he does, he can take this

France (3) vs (0) Germany
Diegolh (60) vs (40) Lusch - Diego took down soulgazer and Karp round 1, proving that he hasn't lost his touch despite the recent drop in activity. Meanwhile Lusch hasn't been on his SPL form in a while and looked strong but beatable in R1. Should be a great set
Peasounay (75) vs (25) Mael - Peasounay is incredible, and I've not seen much of Mael in RBY
thelinekioubeur (55) vs (45) Bedschibaer - These two already met in R1 and linek won 2-0, edging towards him because of that. I think the two are pretty much on the same skill level otherwise. Another great set.

lots of players that I like watching and playing against, should be a fun tournament :D glhf

LFGI ITALY!!!!! contacted HSA

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
activity. will try to get it done but my opp hasnt answered my first VM for almost 3 full days and hasnt replied for 24+ hours to my other one, missing the "scheduled" time that he only vaguely agreed to (you can just check the VMs on his wall really)

Last edited:
So we are out, and it's mostly my fault. Asking for a personal matchup and miserably fail to win it, is prolly the worst thing possible.
Sorry peas, I really wanted to win it w/ you.. Well played lusch, there were clearly a skill gap yesterday and the better player won. Looking forward to play vs you again (vermillon?).
Ggs germany, rooting for you to at least win the tournament.

Hey Lutra can my opponent and I get an extension? He was just subbed in a couple days ago, and we are several hours apart so our best chance at overlap is the weekend.

Amaranth

Hey Lutra can my opponent and I get an extension? He was just subbed in a couple days ago, and we are several hours apart so our best chance at overlap is the weekend.
Yeah, due to conflicting timezones vakatalesau can't stay up as late as needed until Friday and it doesn't seem like the players can ever be both available until then.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok, extension until weekend is fine. I can always put up UK vs Germany earlier and give a longer deadline if need be tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)