Board Game Return of the Revenge of the Rise of Diplomacy: The Reckoning - A/E/F/R/T Draw

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If the problem is the sub made a choice that may not have been what the original player made then how hard is it to go back to (Season) (Year) when King_'s computer died or whatever and redo? Have too many important strategies been revealed? Do the players mind putting the game on hiatus until King_ is back if the subbing is enough of an issue the game won't play out the same?

I would completely redo my NW moves, and I would probably throw curveballs at Agape out of spite. I mean, unless I'm supposed to ignore the new information given to me by the passage of time?

Retcon is bad, it'd completely destroy this game's credibility imo. However, hiatus would be great.

Also shubaka is still mad at me over an earlygame stab. This might be a longest smogon diplo grudge thus far!

I'm glad I got back from the boonies when I did, otherwise I'd miss the opportunity to agree to the 5-way tie. Game seems double icky with the substitute shenanigans, and I don't want to force y'all into a game that you don't want to play. I do really enjoy playing diplomacy, and if we can get another game going around the holiday season, or a series of real time games goin?? I think what happened is a shame, and we should've probably listened to the rules we established (no subs post 1901, hard deadlines) even if it meant a turkey NMR for a few cycles (would've forced France to either cannibalize or continue in a weakened state). I really do think this was a lot of fun, and i hope nobody carries anything personal out of this game (except France /s) and we can play again with no grudges, except maybe the knowledge that some people are more conniving and soulless than others.

It's just that I wouldn't want to do diplomacy around this game anymore due to salt. There'd be a better overall experience for everyone in a new game. (I think it'd be my turn to host it.)

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
you guys have 48 hours to decide on a course of action before i call it in favor of everyone losing

as a reminder of the draw rules:

-A successful draw vote requires all players involved in the draw and at least one person not in the draw to vote yes, and for no more than one person not in the draw to vote no. If I believe a coalition of users is attempting to block a draw out of malice rather than out of any hope of winning, I reserve the right to step in and force the draw.

5 way tie so we can reward everyone for playing this game up to this point

or just tie between the four people who vote yes / want to tie and we leave out the person who doesn't want to tie / isn't voting

I think the game is still playable, although I agree with Agape that everyone has pretty much made up their minds about who they like/dont like. Because of this I think that it will be a very draining back and forth between everyone in the game.

For this reason I am voting in favor of the tie/world peace.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
Game Over!

Austria, England, France, Russia, and Turkey draw.

congratulations to Drawesome532 shubaka17 Agape Jalmont and King_ for "winning" i guess

Drawesome was doing really well up until he ran out of time to play the game and started sending orders at the last possible second

shubaka's tactics were good but his diplomacy left something to be desired, given that by the end he was almost as hated as Austria

Agape as usual played practically flawlessly

Jalmont did about as well as he could have given his position

King_ managed to finally break out of his turtling near the end, so props for that. Plus his absolute hatred of Austria was hilarious.

I'd like to apologize for kinda being a shitty host - this game was marred by missed deadlines and general inactivity on my end and I'm going to try to ensure that never happens again.

dibs on not running the next one

This game was actually pretty fun, I was actually planning to stab France but then Shubaka stabbed first, so I just planned a 3 way tie with France + Russia. My Goal in the game was just to get in the top 3.

idk i should've crushed turkey when i had the chance then i think things would've been pretty e z from there

but i didn't and then lived off the whims of everyone else. i'm sure it would've been convenient for everyone if i just got wiped from the map but at different points in time ppl needed me. gg i guess sad that things ended the way they did but not really i think this is a fair result and no real complaints

smh King if you were planning on a stab, and then I stabbed, you could've also done it and made it look totally planned :P

but yeah my diplomacy is garbage, I was more hype on the No Luck All Skill tactics of the game.

Thanks for all who played in this game, it was fun despite a couple of awkward moments.

I don't really have it in me to comment on this game much. As the length of the game goes up, so does the probability of IRL stuff messing the game up in unpredictable ways.

This game is a weird mixture of mafia and chess, IMO ideal for this forum.

I will host the next game, expect signups in mid/late December.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)