SM OU Reuniclus BO

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my first RMT!

Teambuilding Process

I decided to start with Reuniclus because it has a nice typing and nice stats.

I realized that I couldn't break bulky psychics with Psyshock/Focus Blast coverage on Reuniclus, so I decided to add CB TTar to Pursuit trap them.

I decided to add Mega Latios as a wallbreaker, and as a ground immunity, and a second psychic, and a dragon type.

I also decided that I needed to get a electric resist and an intimidator.

I also decided that I didn't have a good Zygarde check, so I added Bulu to sponge and still be an attacker.

I also didn't have a necessary scarfer, and I also decided that a steel type was needed. This also gave me a mon that synergizes with Bulu.

The Team

Jelly (Reuniclus) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
The star of my team. Z-psyshock ohko's pex at +1 and can live any hit from medicham. The 44 Speed also outspeeds pex before it can haze. I chose Focus Blast to knock out annoying steels and dark types.
+1 0 SpA Reuniclus Shattered Psyche (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 350-414 (115.5 - 136.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Black Sludge recovery

Malachite (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
I chose CB TTar with the basic spread. I chose Eq over Fire Punch to Ohko mons that resist Rock. It outspeeds Offensive Mega Scizor and Mega Venu and 2HKO them.

Dos (Latios) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
I chose Mega Latios for my next mon because it has nice stats and a nice typing. I'm running the standard offensive set but with HP Fire instead of Earthquake because I don't need to lure Heatran. Draco/Psychic makes good coverage and HP lures Scizor who thinks that Latios doesn't have HP Fire.
252 SpA Latios-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 16 SpD Scizor-Mega: 300-356 (87.4 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Dogoo (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Protect
I chose Toxic/Tect Lando because I had nothing for Hawlucha. I chose rocks because i did not have a rocker. The spread lets me toxic zapdos trying to creep magnezone and allows me to stall it out.

Buloing (Tapu Bulu) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 60 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower/Stone Edge
- Nature's Madness​
This mon provides synergy as well as offensive pressure. I chose the normal AV bulu spread. It helps with Zygarde and any ground mons trying to set up or do a lot of damage. Superpower just hits steels that grass moves don't hit as hard. Nature's Madness is just to weaken threats that I can't touch with Grass/Fighting Coverage

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
I realized that I didn't have a scarfer, and a defogger. I'm using the usual set of Grass/Dark/Fighting coverage to hit most mons with neutral/super effective.

**Conclusion and shoutouts**

Thanks to curiosity and patlop2307 for the help with the team. Thanks for looking at my team.

Threats

Tapu Bulu -> I have one resistance that can be easily exploited by switching, and Mega Latios can be toxiced and be put on a timer

Skarmory -> I can only really damage this with Mega Latios, and Skarm doesn't even have to stay in on the HP Fire.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-739960836 vs. Volt Turn

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-739969718 vs. IDK

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-739975518 vs. Alakazam and Mimikyu

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-740079184 vs. Weird Sticky Web

Jelly (Reuniclus) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Malachite (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Dos (Latios) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Dogoo (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Protect

Buloing (Tapu Bulu) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 60 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword

Last edited:
Team seems mostly solid, this is definitely the right kind of shell for Reun, but a few comments.

1. Latios is a much more reliable defogger than Kart, and I really wouldn't worry about him not having Psychic coverage on a Reun squad. He'll still force switches on Pex and get free turns to defog.
2. I prefer Fight-Z on Reun. +1 Psyshock into Psyshock still kills standard Pex after Black Sludge, and not missing on a switch into banded TTar or Bisharp can be the difference between winning and losing.
3. I assume Bulu is meant to have Nature's Madness? The set provided is three moves.
4. I'm not a fan of protect on Lando. HP Ice both helps in Lando mirrors and against Lucha. The team feels pretty weak to Lucha in general and giving it free turns to SD isn't a great plan.
5. Either Sublucha or Roostlucha 6-0s this team. That TTar already functions as a switchin to many special threats that hurt you, I think I'd try replacing Bulu with a Volt Switch Zapdos or something.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey dude, super cool team. It looks like It'll be quite consistent in most matchups.

Although there are a few weaknesses. Apart from Bulu and Skarmory, the team struggles with SD M-Scizor. The only mon that can OHKO it is M-Latios who dies to a +2 BP after just a little chip. It also sets up on half the team (Bulu, Choice-locked Kart, Lando, unboosted Reuni)

The team might also struggle with Sub DD/Protect Zygarde paired with T-Spikes, and while that is fairly specific it's still something I've seen used quite a bit. Hopefully I can help improve the team with the following changes.

Major Change

485.png> 248.png: The first change I suggest is Heatran over Tyranitar, a utility set with Stealth Rock and Taunt. This helps your matchup alot against Scizor, Skarmory, Bulu and Lele to an extent.The only thing Scizor would have for Heatran is Knock-Off, which might be annoying but won't do too much, Superpower is very uncommon. Bulu can obviously hit you with a Superpower, but you have Latios to switch into that. The downside of this change would be that opposing Heatran would be more annoying. Although you do have a few things for Heatran already.

Minor Changes

579.pngSignal Beam > Focus Blast: With the removal of Tyranitar you can't pursuit bulky Psychic types, so I suggest giving Reniclus Signal Beam to hit them. I'm also not a fan of a Reuniclus that get's walled by Sableye on this team. Signal Beam is better than Shadow Ball since you can still hit Greninja and it has a nice confusion chance.

645-s.pngHP Ice > Stealth Rock: Now that you have Heatran as a rocker, Landorus can run another move. HP Ice allows you to take on opposing Landorus and Sub Zygarde better as it might be a pain for your Bulu (HP Ice can always 3HKO bulky variants and doesn't care about Coil).

~~

This was a fun team to rate, it still has a few weaknesses such as M-Pinsir, but as long as you play carefully with Landorus and Kartana (try to avoid giving it alot of setup chances) you should be fine.

I hope these changes are helpful, good luck with the team :]

Importable
579.png485.png381-m.png645-s.png787.png798.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)