Metagame Revelationmons

:ss/Moltres:
Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
- Will-O-Wisp
- Burn Up
- U-turn/Defog
- Roost
I have no idea whether there is any actual value to running this sort of set. Mainly posting it to jumpstart discussion of completely forgotten moves that never normally see use, but could have some niche function. In this case, Burn Up gives Moltres a high-powered, 100% accurate Flying move, and it can try the whole type-removal gimmick without actually losing STAB on it. Probably pointless.
Burn Up fails if the user isn't a Fire-type, so even though Moltres would still have STAB on Burn Up after using it, it doesn't really do it any good because it can't use it again. That is until it switches out and back in to reset the type change, but at that point its usability is identical to vanilla.

UT

Come one come all, it's happening again
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
:togekiss:
Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Flamethrower
- Heat Wave
- Roost

I am looking forward to experimenting with unique moves like Future Sight. Here Togekiss uses broken Fairy typing to make walls experience absolute terror. Flamethrower and Heat Wave round out coverage and with their 20% Burn chance can help apply a lot of pressure/suffering. Not the strongest user, but it has good stats everywhere it needs and a great typing.
Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blue Flare
- Future Sight
- V-create / Bolt Strike
- U-turn
This set might actually be decent. Victini has a ton of high-powered moves to explore, but what interests me is the Fire-type Future Sight. It gets U-turn to pivot to a combo-partner. V-create allows it to create its own combo, a physical-special fiery wall of doom (if you can manage to stay in for a few turns), while Bolt Strike gives you coverage.
Something weird I should clarify about Future Sight and Doom Desire since it’s not intuitive: they will only type change if the mon that used them is on the field when they hit. If the mon that uses them switchs out/gets KOed/is otherwise not on the field when they hit, they will default back to Psychic/Steel.

But, this does open up another possibility for theorymoning, having control over Future Sight’s type! If your Slowbro, for example, used Water Type Future Sight, you can control the typing by deciding whether or not to switch! At the very least it will be another mind game in a meta full of mind games.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I too was looking for a new Foul Play user
:ss/diggersby: tho
Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Earthquake / Knock Off / Fire Punch

Remember the classic from Camo and Hidden Type, Dark Death Diggersby? Well this is him all over but with a super powerful Normal STAB Gunk Shot as well.
Because Huge Power boosts Foul Play using the opponent's Attack stat this can reach some absurd power levels depending on the opponent... and it's not like Diggersby hits like a wet paper towel without it either.

252 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play(Ground) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 474-558 (183 - 215.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Gunk Shot (Normal) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 381-448 (111.7 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Gunk Shot (Normal) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 175-207 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- 19.9% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Foul Play (Ground) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 174-205 (49.4 - 58.2%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO

:ss/klefki:
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Foul Play
- Spikes
- Toxic / Thunder Wave

Klefki loves both being able to paralyze Ground types and being able to actually deal a damage with Fairy Play. It especially loves threatening Dark types who are immune to Prankster, although they were never exactly the best switchins.

Toxic being able to hit Steel types is also cool, and if you really hate Lele making Foul Play Steel could also work.
EDIT: Steel Toxic would work in Gen 2, but not anymore :(

In other news...
:ss/accelgor:
Accelgor @ Focus Sash / Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Unburden / Sticky Hold / Whatever who cares
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Spikes
- Encore
- Toxic Spikes

This is the HO hazard lead! Unblockable Final Gambit together with both Spikes and Toxic Spikes and near unmatched Speed for Encore. The big thing here is that Ghosts no longer block Final Gambit, although the existence of unblockable Rapid Spin might prove the death of hazard leads.

Last edited:
Toxic being able to hit Steel types is also cool, and if you really hate Lele making Foul Play Steel could also work.
This only works for Thunder Wave, because for whatever reason it's the only status move to obey type effectiveness. Steels are immune to Toxic for the same reason Poisons are immune to Toxic, or Fires are immune to burns. Changing Toxic's type won't do anything special.

STAB Rapid Spin is something that's intriguing, since it got buffed to not only boost speed, but also have a non-trivial base power, meaning it could actually potentially maybe do some damage in the right context.

:ss/excadrill:
Excadrill
Ability: Mold Breaker
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide

Excadrill is traditionally the best Rapid Spin user, so it makes sense to look at it first. In this case, a Steel-type Rapid Spin is likely best, as Ground is the better offensive type and having it be Steel means that it can't be spinblocked. However, making it Ground and then giving its Steel STAB a boost with Earthquake is also an option. Since Rapid Spin boosts speed, it makes sense to use a double dance set.

:ss/hitmontop:
Hitmontop (M)
Ability: Technician
- Rapid Spin
- Bulk Up
- Triple Axel
- Bulldoze

Probably won't actually be viable in the long run, but theorymonning in the early days of an OM is the best part, so whatever. While unfortunately still spinblocked by Ghosts (and unable to use its trademark Foresight to get around them due to it not existing anymore) Hitmontop nonetheless gets more offensive use out of Rapid Spin than anything else thanks to Technician.

Something weird I should clarify about Future Sight and Doom Desire since it’s not intuitive: they will only type change if the mon that used them is on the field when they hit. If the mon that uses them switchs out/gets KOed/is otherwise not on the field when they hit, they will default back to Psychic/Steel.
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask: uh, why?

UT

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask: uh, why?
Future Sight is very weird, and ignores a lot of things (like Stat changes, Ability, Items, etc) if the user is not on the field when it hits, but takes everything into account if the user is on the field. Doing Future Sight this way is a combination of our best guess of how it would work if Revelationmons existed on the cartridge games, and being much easier to implement.

Making some dumb theorymon sets.

:tapu koko: @ Choice Band
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Toxic

Yo, I didn't know Koko learned Zing Zap! Jokes aside, these are Tapu Koko's strongest options unless someone wanted Wild Charge in the Fairy slot.

:Lycanroc-Dusk: @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Accelerock

A very good boy would like to remind everyone that Pokemon fights are no-screen-zones when he's on the field. Could always go with Close Combat in the STAB spot.

:Luxray: @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch / Psychic Fangs
- Agility

Electric/Fighting coverage is nuts, this thing basically has Shift Gear. Setting up won't be the easiest thing in the world considering the overall higher power tier, though it noticeably takes less than half from itemless Flying Boomburst from Noivern.

:Aerodactyl: @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Double-Edge
- Psychic Fangs
- Earthquake

Can you tell yet that I like Psychic Fangs? Aerodactyl finally got Rock Head Brave Bird, it also has Iron Head and Aqua Tail.

:Salamence: @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Thrash
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

I just put in the highest powered moves possible (no more switching in a Fairy to safely eat Outrage), but Salamence also has Aqua Tail, Body Slam, and Crunch for 80+ power (also Dragon Rush, Iron Tail, and Stone Edge if you feel like messing with that accuracy), as well as Brick Break because he doesn't get Psychic Fangs.

I didn't spend the time to build a full set, but unblockable Thunderous Kick from CB Gapdos sounds pretty nasty, too.

Senko

meow
is an Artist
this meta looks super fun for weather, so ill drop the two big contenders:

:ss/blacephalon:
Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature / Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Psyshock
- Knock Off / Trick

although you do stack more stealth rock weakness on sun by running blace, honestly you dont need anymore than this. solar beam becomes basically a nuclear fire stab (180 bp average under sun) and you get a much stronger ghost stab with overheat. i predict water resists no longer exist with this on the field.

:ss/kingdra:
Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Flip Turn

normally, kingdra opts for surf on rain, needing the accuracy consistency that hydro pump lacks. this problem is no more with the conversion of hurricane to water, granting it a fantastic stab under rain.

here's other mons i think will be very prevalent on offense:

:ss/dragonite:
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

my baby is back in action, now possessing a monster flying stab in double edge, a trait shared by salamence, but honestly, access to good natural bulk and multiscale make it a better abuser imo

(edit: dnite is banned my son just cant catch a break...)

:ss/tapu-koko:
Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Choice Band
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn

who needs play rough when you finally get a stupid strong fairy stab in brave bird? access to roost also helps massively to regain hp back from recoil.

:ss/aegislash:
Aegislash @ Spell Tag
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

ever annoyed at how little damage shadow claw does? well now you have access to a low drawback 120 bp stab with ghost CC, necessitating sacred sword be used as your fighting coverage, but CC will be doing the bulk of the damage regardless. i sense this mon will elicit specific fatties to eat this monster ghost stab.

Last edited:
:ss/dragonite:
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

my baby is back in action, now possessing a monster flying stab in double edge, a trait shared by salamence, but honestly, access to good natural bulk and multiscale make it a better abuser imo
Dragonite is banned, unfortunately. The other sets look good though!

:ss/rotom-wash::ss/rotom-heat:

These two Wisp-spamming scamps could make good use of Hex, especially Heat, whose usual STAB isn't very spammable due to Special Attack drops.

Also, it might be useful to put minisprites of each banned Pokemon next to their name. This would make it easier to tell which Pokemon are banned or unbanned, because a giant block of text can be a bit impenetrable.

this is (probably) the first full on team post in this thread, so take a look. i made this in like 10 minutes so i expect it to be bad lol https://pokepast.es/9a4b3af96821702a
most sets are from this thread so i'll just go over lucario because it looks really, really good for ho

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Meteor Mash
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

holy fucking shit, lucario is a monster. with strong stab priority with a great typing, and swords dance, it feels like you're just grabbing ohko after ohko. here're some calcs to prove how scary it can be once it gets one sd
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 525-619 (149.1 - 175.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus-Therian: 222-261 (74.2 - 87.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 199-235 (63.9 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 190-224 (67.6 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 190-224 (55.2 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
do i need to say more than this? it's just insane

I heard theorycrafting and wanted to contribute some small things that might be fun:
golisopod.gif

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- First Impression
- Knock Off/Liquidation
- Close Combat

Golisopod has always been one of my favorite Pokemon & double priority STAB, especially with first impression now on water, seems fun.

steelix.gif

Steelix @ Occa Berry
Ability: Sturdy/Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Facade/Head Smash/Double-Edge
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Stealth Rock

Honestly a worse Stakataka BUT it does have access to a Ground-type Body Press, which means you dont get walled by Toxapex and you go even with Ferrothorn. Steel-type Head Smash with no recoil also seems fun.

Attachments

Second team of the thread, a rain offense team packing your standard rain mons featuring Blissey

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
You already know what this does, no need to explain anything here. Rain Boosted Knock Off is nice to have though.

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Flip Turn
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
Once again, pretty self-explanatory. Double Edge as a stronger STAB compared to Liquidation but recoil hurts a ton, so take your pick

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Body Press
This set is what I like to call the "I didn't have an answer to Lucario SDing on my Blissey so I slapped max max defensive Ferrothorn with Chople Berry on the team". Seriously though, this is a standard stopgap to any physically offensive mons on the team, even being able to take a +2 LO Adamant Lucario CC in a pinch and KO back with Body Press:
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Chople Berry Ferrothorn: 296-348 (84.3 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Def Ferrothorn Body Press vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lucario: 258-304 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Flip Turn
Good old Keldeo. Nothing is different from standard specs aside from dropping coverage for Scald and Flip Turn

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
Standard Thundy T, nothing much to say here

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Teleport
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
Probably the weirdest pick on the team, but it's here for good reason, mainly countering Boomburst spam from the likes of Noivern and Toxtricity. Nothing else noteworthy, just Blissey being Blissey

In Multibility, I made a post about if anyone would like to see Zamazenta-C be unbanned, since it can't even use the Meta's mechanic at all (and after playing, the defensive nature of the meta is definitely a big factor).
In this meta, while it can actually use the mechanic, the best it could do is a Steel type Reversal or Close Combat (and only because of Ghost types). Zamazenta-C really doesn't have that many good options, which would be fine on it's own, but Zamazenta-C may also be unban worthy because of how everything gets STAB now. It would be a lot easier to take down in the Meta when defensive partners like Pex and Chansey are have slightly less bulk (or rather, attackers are a lot stronger), and almost everything would be using stronger moves.
Additionally, Rapid Spin is significantly buffed, which Zama teams can utilize, but also means more offensive play styles and how Rapid Spin works, Hazards (specifically Spikes) are up more often, so it could go either way.

I think that things like Outrage or Thrash could play important roles. Powerful STAB moves with strong physical attackers could very well be an easy way to clear up late game or potentially catch unprepared teams sleeping. The things I think could potentially make use of this the most are as follows:
Barraskewda (Water)
Dracozolt (Electric)
Dragapult (Ghost)
Garchomp (Ground)
Gyarados (Water/Flying)
Krookodile (Dark/Ground)
Kyurem (Ice)
Mamoswine (Ice/Ground)
Landorus (Flying/Ground)
Lycanrock-Dusk (Rock)
Salamence (Flying)
Zarude (Dark)
These Pokemon I picked for their powerful stabs, access to boosting moves, having Moxie or some assortment of the three. The issue still remains that you lock yourself into a move and you are Confused afterwards. Even counting the possibility of Lum Berry, this is still a major drawback. But the upside is a 120 power STAB move :).

Last edited:
I think that things like Outrage or Thrash could play important roles. Powerful STAB moves with strong physical attackers could very well be an easy way to clear up late game or potentially catch unprepared teams sleeping. The things I think could potentially make use of this the most are as follows:
Barraskewda (Water)
Dracozolt (Electric)
Dragapult (Ghost)
Garchomp (Ground)
Gyarados (Water/Flying)
Krookodile (Dark/Ground)
Kyurem (Ice)
Mamoswine (Ice/Ground)
Landorus (Flying/Ground)
Lycanrock-Dusk (Rock)
Salamence (Flying)
Zarude (Dark)
These Pokemon I picked for their powerful stabs, access to boosting moves, having Moxie or some assortment of the three. The issue still remains that you lock yourself into a move and you are Confused afterwards. Even counting the possibility of Lum Berry, this is still a major drawback. But the upside is a 120 power STAB move :).
Double-Edge and Close Combat operate similarly as a "big power with big drawback" physical STAB option with different drawbacks depending on the user.

Reactions: UT
I felt like testing on ROM to see if [Gen 8] OU + [Gen 6] Reliablemons (Revelationmons in Gen 6 before it was renamed.) would work and I thought it would be a bad idea. Turns out otherwise as shown by the Replays below:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen8ou-1184028
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen8ou-1184025
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen8ou-1183999
(Big thanks to 2z for letting me post their TR btw!)

These Replays only feature [Gen 6] Reliablemons as a rule. This means that if you wanna test Revelationmons early, you can do this on ROM. The current challenge code would probably add the bans like Dragapult (Which I did not add in the first one for those wondering.) to Gen 8 OU and [Gen 6] Reliablemons.
***It’s important to note that since [Gen 6] Reliablemons doesn’t really ban anything, Volt Switch and U-turn are not restricted. I haven’t tested out if you could do *Move to restrict these but if that doesn’t work the best thing to do would be to have the other party commit to not using them in the Slots for Typing.

Last edited:

Byleth

Retirement
I felt like testing on ROM to see if [Gen 8] OU + [Gen 6] Reliablemons (Revelationmons in Gen 6 before it was renamed.) and I thought it would be a bad idea. Turns out otherwise as shown by the Replays below:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen8ou-1184028
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen8ou-1184025
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen8ou-1183999
(Big thanks to 2z for letting me post their TR btw!)

These Replays only feature [Gen 6] Reliablemons as a rule. This means that if you wanna test Revelationmons early, you can do this on ROM. The current challenge code would probably add the bans like Dragapult (Which I did not add in the first one for those wondering.) to Gen 8 OU and [Gen 6] Reliablemons.
***It’s important to note that since [Gen 6] Reliablemons doesn’t really ban anything, Volt Switch, Flip Turn, and U-turn are not restricted. I haven’t tested out if you could do *Move to restrict these but if that doesn’t work the best thing to do would be to promise not to use them in the Slots for Typing.
In addition to this, here's the challenge code + bans to try out Revelation Mons on the rom side server! (rom.psim.us) As a reminder, you'll have to gentleman restricting Volt Switch and U-turn to the third and fourth slots (Flip Turn is not restricted).

/challenge gen8ubers @@@ gen6reliablemons, -Calyrex-Shadow, -Calyrex-Ice, -Darmanitan-Galar, -Dialga, -Dracovish, -Dragapult, -Dragonite, -Eternatus, -Genesect, -Giratina, -Giratina-Origin, -Groudon, -Ho-Oh, -Kyogre, -Kyurem-White, -Landorus-Base, -Lugia, -Lunala, -Marshadow, -Mewtwo, -Naganadel, -Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, -Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, -Palkia, -Pheromosa, -Rayquaza, -Reshiram, -Solgaleo, -Spectrier, -Urshifu-Single-Strike, -Xerneas, -Yveltal, -Zacian, -Zacian-Crowned, -Zamazenta, -Zamazenta-Crowned, -Zekrom, -Zygarde-Base, -Zygarde-Complete, -Magnet Pull, -Moody, -Power Construct, -Kings Rock

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
I felt like testing on ROM to see if [Gen 8] OU + [Gen 6] Reliablemons (Revelationmons in Gen 6 before it was renamed.) and I thought it would be a bad idea.
In addition to this, here's the challenge code
Huge shoutout to Alolan Corviknight OU and 23Gz for coming up with working challenge code; this means that Revelationmons is (un)officially PLAYABLE. Feel free to hop on the rom side server with a friend and start putting these theorymons to the test!

To celebrate, I have some replays of full Revelationmons battles! Early thoughts: flying types are broken, Body Press is amazing, and this is FUN

Skarm 6-0s Trick Room (but Maro-A with Ghost Double Edge is very scary)
Switching into Noiv without Blissey is still pain
Speed control is a huge factor (shoutout Water-type Foul Play too)
Skarm can sweep normal teams too if you don't bring enough special attackers
Rain seems really cool in this meta, but switching into Noiv is still pain

Here is the paste of the team I was using in those replays; I would encourage you to build on your own and discover new sets and builds, but this can get you started!

Share your thoughts, replays, and any cool new techs you find! Also will defintiely be looking for feedback on our watchlist mons and moves, so if you have thoughts and replays after seeing them in action, we would love to hear them!

Last edited:
Huge shoutout to Alolan Corviknight OU and 23Gz for coming up with working challenge code; this means that Revelationmons is (un)officially PLAYABLE. Feel free to hop on the rom side server with a friend and start putting these theorymons to the test!

To celebrate, I have some replays of full Revelationmons battles! Early thoughts: flying types are broken, Body Press is amazing, and this is FUN

Skarm 6-0s Trick Room (but Maro-A with Ghost Double Edge is very scary)
Switching into Noiv without Blissey is still pain
Speed control is a huge factor (shoutout Water-type Foul Play too)
Skarm can sweep normal teams too if you don't bring enough special attackers
Rain seems really cool in this meta, but switching into Noiv is still pain

Here is the paste of the team I was using in those replays; I would encourage you to build on your own and discover new sets and builds, but this can get you started!

Share your thoughts, replays, and any cool new techs you find! Also will defintiely be looking for feedback on our watchlist mons and moves, so if you have thoughts and replays after seeing them in action, we would love to hear them!
You know, looking at Body Press (something Zamazenta doesn’t have *wink* *wink*) here, you can see that it’s an incredibly strong move now that it can hit Ghosts.
:Kommo-o: had the honor of having the strongest Body Press due to STAB, but that honor now goes to :Stakataka:, who also can choose between Rock and Steel STABs, neigher of which have any immunities. I would like to also shout out :Diancie:, :Registeel:, and :Goodra: for having the most Special Bulk for Body Press users. Namely Diancie and Registeel, who can hit everything and have actually good Def too.
:ss/Registeel:
Registeel @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Body Press (Steel)
- Iron Defense
- Rest
- Sleep Talk/Amnesia
Here is the Regicheesi set for an extremely defensive Wincon. The only things that can stop you when you get going are Haze, Crits, Unaware, and Soak while having a partner with Water Absorb (and similar strategies). Not even a Choice Specs Reshiram in the Sun can stop you.
252 SpA Choice Specs Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel in Sun: 146-174 (40.1 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery.
And here is also Solar Power Charizard too
252 SpA Choice Specs Solar Power Charizard Overheat over 2 turns vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel in Sun: 234-278 (64.2 - 76.3%) -- not a KO
Registeel’s typing and ability are also helpful, since the former prevents Toxic, which otherwise would force you to Rest earlier, and the latter prevents moves like Thunderous Kick or Shadow Ball from lowering your stats. Additionally, that Steel typing resists do much and makes it so Body Press can hit any target. Otherwise, you couldn’t use Sleep Talk or Amnesia on the set.
One of the biggest downsides to this set, aside from the big weakness to Pex, Quagsire, and the RNG gods, is the fact that set up can take some time. Taunt is also pretty good way to completely shut down Registeel, so be careful of Heatran.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Body press does seem really strong, and if you use something like this you can even break pass Haze Toxapex
:Corviknight:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Body Press
- Roost
- Taunt
- Iron Defense

I felt like testing on ROM to see if [Gen 8] OU + [Gen 6] Reliablemons (Revelationmons in Gen 6 before it was renamed.) would work
Or you know you could just ask me to add Revelationmons. I might even be able to get something implemented before my next cancer treatment.
To add to this,Normalize Future Sight acts exactly like this I'm pretty sure,being Normal if the user is on the field when it hits,and Psychic if they're not.
Three abilities are specially hardcoded for Future Sight and Doom Desire, and these are currently the only effects that can alter the future move. In particular, right now, I don't think Revelationmons can change its type. But if it could, it wouldn't depend on whether it's on the field or not, since it wouldn't use the "is this ability active" check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)