Metagame Revelationmons

Some things I want to put out there:
Banded first impression. I personally think this move is one of the most fun moves to just click with no thoughts, but it's normally held back by a bad type. In this format, You get water, steel, dragon, fighting, and ground to run it with as well. So, as my personal first choice:

Golisopod @ Choice Band
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation (bug)
- First Impression (water)
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
Literally anything can go in the first move slot, you just want something to absorb the bug typing. But now, you get to spam fimp even more!

Then, ttar gets a lot better with reliable rock stab:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake (rock)
- Stealth Rock (dark)
- Crunch
- High Horsepower
You could probably put anything in place of crunch,but having ground type coverage is very nice. In addition to that, some noteworthy calcs:
252 SpA Choice Specs Noivern Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 67-79 (16.5 - 19.5%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery
And in return:
0 Atk Tyranitar Earthquake (rock) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 336-396 (108 - 127.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Rock types seem to benefit from this format the most, getting really solid moves (finally). Hope to see this metagame develop!

UT

Roaring 20s, tossing pennies in the pool
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Your Revelationmons Council is hard at work, and we've done a thing.
Quick Ban...
UT
Kris
Total​
Noivern
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
5-0 BAN​
Kommo-o
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
BAN​
5-0 BAN​

Both Noivern and Kommo-o are now banned from Revelationmons! Noivern's speed tier with access to STAB Flying Boomburst is too much to handle without specific defensive answers like Blissey and Tyranitar, both of which can still be U-turned on or Tricked. Kommo-o could also use STAB Boomburst along with its good bulk and typing to beat slower teams, or set up Clangorous Soul to become one of the best win conditions in the metagame. Both are too much to handle without a limited pool of very specific answers and are unhealthy influences when trying to build or play against.

STAB Boomburst is obviously a huge factor in both of them being overpowered, but at this time the council believes that the abusers are the problem rather than Boomburst itself, and want to avoid restricting moves as much as possible. We will obviously keep an eye on the meta going forward to try and help balance the tier.

What gets better with the bans? Are there any other threats that might be too much? Let us know!

Tagging urkerab to implement on ROM if you have time, you're awesome for implementing this!

Last edited:
Here's a hyper offensive webs team I made, feel free to take a look (https://pokepast.es/e323a313fb129849 paste)

Slurpuff @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Endeavor
- Magic Coat
- Sticky Web
- Misty Explosion
It's a pretty standard lead Slurpuff(Also happens to be one of my favorite mon sets), with the Endeavor as a fairy-type move so it isn't blanked by ghosts. Other than that, nothing is different from the Ubers set, Magic Coat blocks Taunt and other hazards, and the minimum IVs give the max possible chance for the sash to activate too, which is nice

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry
Kyurem with swapped STAB moves. Pretty standard other than that though.

Probably busted (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Meteor Mash
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
This is the set CAT posted above, so just read that post and you'll figure out what this does

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
The Lucario check of the team, with Flying-type Discharge, becomes a reliable spreader of paralysis and with Heat Wave, it brings Lucario down to about 15%, which helps a lot in dealing with it.

Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Hyper Voice
- Nuzzle
- Volt Switch
Kommo-o and Noivern may be banned, but this thing is still alive and kicking. While it's pretty much stonewalled by every relevant bulky ground, like, ever, against everything else this is very hard to defensively answer. For instance;
252+ SpA Choice Specs Punk Rock Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 342-403 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO
It has a very high chance at 2HKOing Blissey, and against everything else, it's a guaranteed OHKO or 2HKO. Best bet for dealing with this defensively is a fully spdef Ferrothorn(Still takes 45% lmao) or a defensive ground type. Swapping this to a poison Boomburst can let you 2HKO some of the grounds, but makes it harder to push past Ferro
For Poison BBurst: 252+ SpA Choice Specs Punk Rock Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 267-315 (69.8 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Punk Rock Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Hippowdon: 198-233 (47.1 - 55.4%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Punk Rock Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Diggersby: 275-324 (88.4 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
Overall, a very good wallbreaker that gets relevance against offensive teams via webs.

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- High Horsepower
Bulu gets a very nice fairy STAB in this meta, but other than that, standard Bulu

Last edited:

UT

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
More exciting news in the world of Revelationmons!

Revelationmons is now playable on the main server! It is still challenge-only, but appears to be fully functional, including restricted moves! The updated code is below and will be maintained in the OP:
/challenge gen8anythinggoes @@@ Revelationmons Mod, *U-turn, *Volt Switch, *Bolt Beak, -Calyrex-Ice, -Calyrex-Shadow, -Darmanitan-Galar, -Dialga, -Dracovish, -Dragonite, -Dragapult, -Eternatus, -Genesect, -Giratina, -Giratina-Origin, -Groudon, -Ho-Oh, -Kommo-o, -Kyogre, -Kyurem-Black, -Kyurem-White, -Landorus-Incarnate, -Lugia, -Lunala, -Magearna, -Marshadow, -Mewtwo, -Naganadel, -Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, -Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, -Noivern, -Palkia, -Pheromosa, -Rayquaza, -Reshiram, -Solgaleo, -Spectrier, -Urshifu-Single-Strike, -Xerneas, -Yveltal, -Zacian, -Zacian-Crowned, -Zamazenta, -Zamazenta-Crowned, -Zekrom, -Zygarde-Base, -King's Rock, -Arena Trap, -Magnet Pull, -Moody, -Power Construct, -Shadow Tag, -Baton Pass, Sleep Moves Clause, Species Clause, Nickname Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Moves Clause, Endless Battle Clause
What mons are good? What mons are too good? Are there any good team-wide strategies? Can Fat teams be viable? Let us know what you find, and happy playing!

Last edited:
this do be my first post in OMs, i am not a very good competitive player, but i did have some very funny ideas for this meta, wich i am really enjoying! i don't know if they're actually good, though.
:ss/nidoking:
Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast (ground)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
nidoking seems like a relatively scary mon, with its 278 (110 bp + STAB + sheer force + life orb) ground type move, wich hits incredibly hard and also hits a ton of types super effectively too, and the ones it can't normally hit SE are hit SE by its incredible coverage, overall, poison/ground/ice/electric is really good for only 4 moveslots! gets walled by blissey though. ):
:ss/toxapex:
Bandana (Toxapex) @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Def
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off (poison)
- Gunk Shot (water)
- Liquidation
- Smack Down
i have no idea what this set accomplises, aside from beeing incredibly funny, but also hitting quite hard with its two STAB options. having a poison type knock, wich can eliminate clef due to this set's meh 370 attack and poison type knock. water type gunk shot can do alot of things, too. like uh, hit lando-t i guess? there are other ground type walls too though.
:ss/latios:
Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Psyshock (dragon)
- Draco Meteor (psychic)
- Roost
- Aura Sphere / Calm Mind
...what dos this set even accomplish? get walled by Lele? it can't even hit lele whatsoever. i guess psychic type draco hits pex? and dragon psyshock can be good for kyurem but like??? i don't even get why i use this honestly. soul dew gives a nice boost though. and it can probably even use Calm Mind too over aura sphere.

here is a volturn team that i have been messing with https://pokepast.es/6e4dceb815ab13e3

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog
- Toxic
this thing getting stab knock off is great, that plus its various other utility moves and longevity because of regenerator its a great mon that i am suprised hasnt been explored more

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Foul Play
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off
Slowbro is imo the most reliable lucario check, its stab foul play breaking it down to size and strait up just ohkoing it if at +2, while being very long lived because of regenerator, and it helps bring in your own lucario

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Teleport
- Soft-Boiled
its blissey, need i say more

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Meteor Mash
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
this thing is low key busted, and like blissey i dont need to explain why its extremely good

Rotom-Frost @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
stab bolt beam is just really nice to have, combined with its good spa and decent speed and bulk, it leaves you with a quite good offensive threat that can be a threat to pretty much everything, and due to its deep movepool, it has many options for the last two moves to fit your team, its just a generally nice glue mon

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
finally jirachi has stab on its body slam, allowing it to spread both damage(?) and paralysis, other than that its a great revenge killer and can heal lucario if it has been battered down to go for a second go

Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Teleport
- Soft-Boiled
its blissey, need i say more
Thunder Wave should be in the first slot so that you can paralyze Ground types, and especially Garchomp and Landorus-T. Your Blissey also has absolutely no attack moves, becoming taunt bait and too passive.

Thunder Wave should be in the first slot so that you can paralyze Ground types, and especially Garchomp and Landorus-T. Your Blissey also has absolutely no attack moves, becoming taunt bait and too passive.
part of the reason i put blissey on here was to check blacephalon, who is ghost type and cant be parylized by thunder wave then(and since when was blissey not taunt bait and incredibly passive)

part of the reason i put blissey on here was to check blacephalon, who is ghost type and cant be parylized by thunder wave then(and since when was blissey not taunt bait and incredibly passive)
In that case, may I suggest using Steel Extreme Speed on Lucario?
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blacephalon: 276-324 (111.7 - 131.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
While it obvious can’t switch in, Blacephalon can’t switch into that many things on your team. This also means Pokemon like Gengar, Tornadus-T, Landorus-T, and Tapu Koko.
You can put Close Combat/Mega Kick in the Fighting slot, then also have Crunch or Stone Edge in the 3rd/4th slot. Lucario only forgos those coverage options so that he can have STABs and Sword Dance, and Lucario won’t miss having 10 extra BP on Meteor Mash (which if you still want Fighting E-Speed, could be replaced with Mega Kick (Much stronger but less accurate) or Earthquake (slightly stronger with 100% accuracy).

Might not be the greatest sets but some things to take advantage of better stab moves.

Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Bulk Up/ Thunder Wave
Bulk up if you want to take advantage of setup opportunities or Thunder Wave if you need to cripple other mons that may try and setup on Obstagoon/

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Cloyster now has a water type stab that takes advantage of its great skill link ability and it now hits every single mon neutrally except poliwhirl.

Togekiss @ Leftovers/Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack/ Extrasensory
- Air Slash/ Extrasensory
- Flamethower
- Ancient Power/Roost/Defog

Togekiss is now even more annoying because it has a stab move that inflicts status 40 percent of the time. The fairy and the flying type stabs can be switched depending on what you want to hit what. Ancient power can also be used instead of roost and defog if you want to gamble with the 20% chance of omniboosting and using togekiss to clean.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Cloyster now has a water type stab that takes advantage of its great skill link ability and it now hits every single mon neutrally except poliwhirl.
I thought the same exact thing with Cloyster, but with a power boosting item like Expert Belt, Life Orb, and NMI. And normally, you want to use items like that on Cloyster over White Herb since Cloyster needs to punch through thick walls more so than tanking slightly better. It’s 180 Def already lets it set up against weaker physical attackers, even at -1, and it won’t survive that many Special attacks at neutral. You’re also at +2 Speed, where it’s pretty rare someone has an immediate answer to your Cloyster, where it will either die anyways to a Barraskewda’s Close Combat and Lucario’s Fighting Extreme Speed, or that 180 Def will still bounce an attack off.
White Herb would be better on Smash Blastoise since its defenses are not so hit or miss.

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
Hello Revmaniacs! In order to help make the meta game more accessible, we have proto-sample teams up! Keep in mind the meta game is very much in flux, and these teams are more to give you a starting place and some general ideas rather than top the meta game. Once we have a better idea of what’s actually good, we will provide updated samples.

Also, if you have a team that’s working well for you, please feel free to paste it for feedback, or even maybe getting it added to the sample teams!

Aegislaps (Aegislash) @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Destiny Bond
- Sacred Sword

I had to

Terrakion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Bulky sub sd. No problemo with boomburst users quickbanned right? :D

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sand Tomb
- Body Press
- Roost
- Toxic

Heatran lite w/ unresisted sand tomb and recovery

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog

EQ on slot 2 for obvious reasons. Superpower is fine I think if the goal is to yeet itself after doing its job.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense

Setup < hitting hard on the get-go, but here it is.

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Teleport
- Slack Off

Future Sight that hits different IG, more of a mind-game thing.

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon

This probably isn't sample worthy but it put in work in some games against UT and my irl friends, so here goes nothing! Revalationmons looked like a really cool concept, so unlike most tiers I decided to start by building my own team instead of stealing someone else's.
(This is going to be a long post, so sorry in advance for the incoming text dump.)

Teambuilding Process

I started off with Lycanroc-Dusk because I had heard that it was very strong and it seemed like a good jumping off point.

I then added Thundurus-therian to give the team a special attacker and because I liked the idea of using it in a OM where it can take advantage of the mechanic.

Koko seemed like a solid choice to round out the offensive core as it is another Pokémon that I heard was strong.

This step was much shorter than the others because Blissey and Slowbro seemed like pretty obvious choices for the defensive backbone of the team.

Finally we added Landorus-Therian as the final mon, adding a small amount of defensive support thanks to Intimidate, as well as helping out Lycanroc in pressuring teams on the physical side.

Team Breakdown
Now we get to the part you all care about, the actual team!!

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Fang
- Accelerock
- Swords Dance

Lycanroc-Duck is the main physical breaker of the team. Having stab on Close Combat allows it to do mind-blowing amounts of damage to pretty much everything. Fire Fang allows it to hit almost every Pokémon for at least neutral damage, while Accelerock allows to to revenge weakened threat, and Swords Dance boosts its breaking power.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- U-turn
- Knock Off

I'm still not 100% sure if I want to keep this set, or even keep Landorus-Therian as a whole, so if you have any suggestions please let me know. Anyways, who doesn't love good ol'Lando? I don't have so much to say about it, but it hits very hard, 2HKOing common physical walls like Slowbro, as well as threatening paralysis on Pokémon switching in on Body Slam.

Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Body Press
- Slack Off
- Teleport

One of OU's premier physical wall is unsurprisingly good in Revelationmons. Slowbro has the ability to seemingly live every physical hit in OU and not much changes in this OM. Water-type Foul Play and Psychic-type Body Press allow Slowbro to be less passive while the field.

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
- Teleport

This is literally a OU Blissey, I have nothing to say, this Pokémon just lives any special hit with ease.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot

Again, not so much to say. Thundurus has been a threat in UU for a while due to its high Speed and Special Attack, can with a new-and-improved Flying-type attack, can more effectively punch holes through the opposing team.

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- U-turn

Very similar to the Thundurus above, Tapu Koko is a fast special attack and thanks to the mechanic of Revelationmons, has a slightly stronger Fairy-Type move. Roost and U-turn are used to keep Tapu Koko healthy throughout the battle and to keep momentum in its favor.

Whoo! We made it to the end of this unnecessarily long post. (I'm sure you can notice the point where i started getting burnt out of writing this lol) Feel free to make any suggestions or to point out any mistakes I made!!

Thanks for reading all of this, I hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited:
hmm, if only there was a mon that didnt lose to standard thund-t and blaceph. but there's nothing specially bulky enough to check them, and the stuff that is just gets tricked. that's pretty sad! oh wait ttar is a thing that exists

GOATYRANITAR (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- High Horsepower
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
ttar is imo the premier rock in the tier. it does so much so well that it's a serious contender for best cb user in the tier, too. a simple max attack max spdef spread lets it stand up to thund-t, blaceph, and even koko, and slam them back with a rock type eq. what about slowbro? that gets mauled by its high horsepower. and while terrak might not want to switch into its stab combo, it still can. this is why you use superpower. lando-t is also troublesome, so just use ice punch. these coverage options are imo the perfect choice for the current meta. here's some calcs to prove im not justing talking out my ass about what this set can do. if you don't want to read those, tl;dr ttar is really good
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt (Fairy) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 126-150 (36.8 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Blacephalon Overheat (Either Type) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 93-111 (27.1 - 32.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 76-90 (22.2 - 26.3%) -- 8.3% chance to 4HKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 400-472 (125.3 - 147.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar High Horsepower (Dark) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 354-416 (89.8 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Because I'm excited about Revelationmons being Decembers OMotM I decided to post Comfey because why the heck not.

Comfey @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stored Power
- Toxic
- Calm Mind

Your basic Comfey set except 25 extra base power to your stab does notably more damage
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Triage Comfey Draining Kiss vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 173-204 (61.5 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Triage Comfey Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 257-304 (91.4 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Standard Comfey set. The moves that aren't Giga Drain can be set to what you please. STAB and +3 priority 75 base power could be nice to help combat extreme speed users but comfey does lack power.
Triage moves are going to be one of the few things that will go before Espeed so if that starts to run rampant you can always come back to Comfey, but using Psychic Terrain will most likely be a better counter.

Just threw this team together. Excited to try it out once the metagame goes live!

blacephalon.gif

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock (Fire)
- Overheat (Ghost)
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

slowbro.gif

Bold Nature
- Foul Play (Water)
- Body Press (Psychic)
- Slack Off
- Teleport

tyranitar.gif

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake (Rock)
- Superpower (Dark)
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

tornadus-therian.gif

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam (Flying)
- U-turn
- Defog
- Knock Off

garchomp-f.gif

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam (Dragon)
- Earthquake (Ground)
- Stealth Rock
- Endure

tapukoko.gif

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge (Electric)
- Brave Bird (Fairy)
- U-turn
- Roost

nidoking seems like a relatively scary mon, with its 278 (110 bp + STAB + sheer force + life orb) ground type move, wich hits incredibly hard and also hits a ton of types super effectively too, and the ones it can't normally hit SE are hit SE by its incredible coverage, overall, poison/ground/ice/electric is really good for only 4 moveslots! gets walled by blissey though. ):
Well, if you just have an Ice-, Electric-, and Fire-type move on the same Pokemon, then until gen 5 kicked in, this provided perfectly unresisted coverage (since then, the only counter for it is Rotom-H, the only mon that resists all three).

Overall, in this OM, pure-Normal types are quite busted here, but Rock-types thrive due to having strong, 100%-accurate STAB moves.

Wait a sec guys…

Tactical nuke (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Giga Impact
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

It isn’t much, but it’s a nice meme.

First of all, congratulations to Revelationmons for being OMotM for December

Second, I'd like to share this quick set I made
:ss/scizor:
Scizor @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Feint
- Swords Dance
- Roost
It's a pretty standard bulky sword dance set, but the utility goes from U-turn to Bug Knock Off and Steel Feint is used over Bullet Punch because of its higher priority and ignoring protect. It may be weaker, but it's only slightly weaker on a Pokemon that targets low health Pokemon and can set up multiple Sword Dances reliably.
If you want, you can also use Leftovers considering this set doesn't use U-Turn, or you can just have U-turn on the set while ignoring Knock Off.

:ss/toxtricity:
Timid Nature
- Boomburst (electric)
- Hyper Voice (poison)
- Volt Switch
- Snarl
this one's probably been discussed before, its even on the banner! but...

Toxtricity used Boomburst!
(The opposing Blissey lost 44% of its health!)

yeah ok game. doing 44%-46% to a blissey is no joke.

:ss/shedinja:
Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wonder Guard
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Poltergeist
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance

love this mon, but it never gets to shine, because everything always has coverage against it. well, in this metagame, coverage becomes less because said coverage is turned into your STAB moves. making shedinja semi-reliable.

:ss/tapu-bulu:
Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Close Combat (fairy)
- Superpower
- High Horsepower

good and strong fairy coverage. need i say more? probably, but overall looks really good. specially with a STAB that isn't recoil, hits quite a bit of things for good SE damage and isn't too bad on the type-chart. horn leech is there, too.

:ss/marowak-alola:
Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off (fire)
- Double-Edge (ghost)
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch

ghost dedge, more PP and BP than poltergeist, no drawback. fire knock, wich dos ALOT to blissey, with this spread letting it outspeed it and get a KO if it doesn't heal.

Last edited:
Tactical nuke (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Giga Impact
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
Out of interest, how about making U-turn Flying type, so you get to move first, attack, and switch out before you take damage, thus allowing you to rinse and repeat until rocks go up?

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Out of interest, how about making U-turn Flying type, so you get to move first, attack, and switch out before you take damage, thus allowing you to rinse and repeat until rocks go up?
U-turn is restricted, it cant change type.
:ss/toxtricity:
Timid Nature
- Boomburst (electric)
- Hyper Voice (poison)
- Volt Switch
- Snarl
this one's probably been discussed before, its even on the banner! but...

Toxtricity used Boomburst!
(The opposing Blissey lost 44% of its health!)

yeah ok game. doing 44%-46% to a blissey is no joke.

Jolly Nature
- Dig (bug)
- Poltergeist
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance

love this mon, but it never gets to shine, because everything always has coverage against it. well, in this metagame, coverage becomes less because said coverage is turned into your STAB moves. making shedinja semi-reliable.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat (grass)
- Horn Leech (fairy)
- Superpower
- High Horsepower

good fairy coverage. need i say more? probably, but overall looks really good. specially with a STAB that isn't recoil, and is boosted by grassy terrain.

:ss/marowak-alola:
Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off (fire)
- Double-Edge (ghost)
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch

ghost dedge, more PP and BP than poltergeist, no drawback. fire knock, wich dos ALOT to blissey, with this spread letting it outspeed it and get a KO if it doesn't heal.
Shedinja sounds like a good idea here, but any reason for Dig?

Reactions: UT
Jolly Nature
- Dig (bug)
- Poltergeist
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat (grass)
- Horn Leech (fairy)
- Superpower
- High Horsepower

good fairy coverage. need i say more? probably, but overall looks really good. specially with a STAB that isn't recoil, and is boosted by grassy terrain.
Dig doesn't seem like a good idea. You're better off running X-Scissor (same power, no charge turn),Skitter Smack (weaker but it lowers Special Attack and no charge turn, the lost power doesn't matter too much since you have Poltergeist), or Sucker Punch, and if you're dead set on using a charge move for some unknown reason, Phantom Force is objectively better (stronger, ignores Protect, won't get cucked by Mold Breaker Earthquake).

Bulu doesn't really benefit from Fairy coverage all that much, since it does very little to cover Grass's offensive blind spots. In this case, neutral Horn Leech is actually weaker than resisted Close Combat. I feel like if you're going to try to make use of Bulu's Fairy STAB, you need to run either Wood Hammer, Megahorn, or Close Combat in the second slot to help close the power gap.

Reactions: UT
Shedinja sounds like a good idea here, but any reason for Dig?
realistically, its just something i forgot to take out of the set haha. i did actually replace it for x-scissor, though.

Bulu doesn't really benefit from Fairy coverage all that much, since it does very little to cover Grass's offensive blind spots. In this case, neutral Horn Leech is actually weaker than resisted Close Combat. I feel like if you're going to try to make use of Bulu's Fairy STAB, you need to run either Wood Hammer, Megahorn, or Close Combat in the second slot to help close the power gap.
so, i actually did end up changing horn leech back to a Grass move and Close Combat into a fairy move, wich dos kinda? seem better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)