CAP 2 Revenankh Playtesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think one of the main cheap parts about Revenankh so far is Shed Skin. I think one turn I basically cast Rest as a Full Restore, which turned out to be ridiculously important. Also, after two bulk ups, I survived Medicham Psycho Cuts. It was a 3HKO.
Also, Shed Skin > Air Lock. 1-turn Rests simply rock, and the protection from statuses is really nice. Plus, it has double the PP of Moonlight.
The only criticism I have of Revenankh is that Toxic / Toxic Spikes would be a nice counter to have against it...but Shed Skin removes that.

Shed Skin + Rest on a strong specially defensive Pokemon with access to Bulk Up and cool resists / immunities is a bit...unfair, if you ask me.I have to agree with Aldaron. The fact that Shed Skin just lets that thing abuse Rest is very unfair. Like Toxic Spikes can help serve as a counter, but the Shed Skin just leaves an oblique thought in your mind like " Can i beat this thing? " When the toxic was removed thanks to Shed Skin. The Moonlight set can be out stalled and is hurt by Toxic Spikes. Also Reven can still use Rest. It just can give you a chance to switch in your Roar Pokemon, or SpecsSweeper to revenge kill.
I am fine with Shed Skin.Dry Skin name and Fire weakness sound like the better fit to me(even though it recover health in water attacks).Functionally Shed skin may turn out worse in long run than Dry Skin.Shed Skin+Bulk up + Rest on something that is fair sturdy it should lead to some interesting stuff.
It is fun when your Theory fu is stronger than others.I called it in the ability thread.

Sidenote-It is fun quoting fun yourself and saying i told you so at the same time.

It is fun when your Theory fu is stronger than others.I called it in the ability thread.

Sidenote-It is fun quoting fun yourself and saying i told you so at the same time.
Yeah, it must also be fun being a jackass.

Anyways, the combination of Rest + Shed Skin is similar to a Chesto Rest. The only difference is you have an automatic Recycle. I think the main problem is people don't want to switch to using Pokemon that can hit Revenankh SE. This is already showing up in the third CAP, where people are like Tentacruel can't be a counter Surf 3HKO's. They don't even realize that you can and have to switch what you use when new Pokemon are added. Once people realize that Flying Pokemon literally rape all three CAP projects, you should see all three of them kept in check a lot more.

Anyways, the combination of Rest + Shed Skin is similar to a Chesto Rest. The only difference is you have an automatic Recycle.
Not only that, but also a second item slot where most people can put Leftovers.

Yeah, it must also be fun being a jackass.

Anyways, the combination of Rest + Shed Skin is similar to a Chesto Rest. The only difference is you have an automatic Recycle. I think the main problem is people don't want to switch to using Pokemon that can hit Revenankh SE. This is already showing up in the third CAP, where people are like Tentacruel can't be a counter Surf 3HKO's. They don't even realize that you can and have to switch what you use when new Pokemon are added. Once people realize that Flying Pokemon literally rape all three CAP projects, you should see all three of them kept in check a lot more.
Vote pure flying CAP sweeper for the next CAP! They won't know what hit 'em!

Well, not quite as good as insta Chesto + Recycle. You still only have a 33% chance of waking up the first turn. Granted it's still rather powerful.

Vote pure flying CAP sweeper for the next CAP! They won't know what hit 'em!
Judging by this CAP, next one will likely be electric or poison. Probably electric.

Am I the only one who thinks that, with the rate they're going, a team of 6 CAP Pokemon is going to be extremely useful?

Eventually, maybe. But I haven't seen too many people using Syclant when I played. Maybe 2-4 out of about 20, and of those only one of them was also using Revenankh.

Well, not quite as good as insta Chesto + Recycle. You still only have a 33% chance of waking up the first turn. Granted it's still rather powerful.
Which is balanced out by having Leftovers, sort of. And I said similar, not the same.

@ Mekkah: Isn't that the point, to make competitive Pokemon? How is it any different from throwing together six random Pokemon from mid-upper OU? Although Revenankh is a pretty meh Special wall (Gengar rips it apart for something that is supposed to take Special hits) and Woodman (meh, such a lame name) will be a physical wall (let's stop kidding ourselves) that is hit by Stone Edge, one of the most common moves. Unless we fill the gaps by varying typing, I don't think we are going to have a stable team after six Pokemon. (Only Electric looks like it will and resist Flying, but thinking about it, Electric/Rock to 4x resist Flying is pretty cool).

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Am I the only one who thinks that, with the rate they're going, a team of 6 CAP Pokemon is going to be extremely useful?
Heh. Actually, I think Revenankh and Fire/Grass would do very well on the same team, as at this point they seem to both be very good support for "stall" teams.

Judging by this CAP, next one will likely be electric or poison. Probably electric.

Lots of toxic spikes going around, so I say it will probably be poison XP. Poison/Ground or Poison/Steel wouldn't surprise me.

Going back to Revenankh, I actually started using the Bulk Up set today, with great success. Almost every battle that Revenankh came out in ended in a win, sometimes before I had even done anything with Revenankh. His ability to force disconnects is amazing.

On a more serious topic, Revvy can tank most non-boosted physical hits even when switching in. I have switched in Revvy to a move that does 40% damage, Bulk Up on the second hit, and then Rest because of the buffer Bulk Up provides. ShedRest just makes this even better. Unfortunately, because of all the disconnects, I couldn't actually see how well Revvy does sweep.

Chiming in on a couple of things.

How is it that so many people on the Create-A-Pokemon Server don't know what created Pokemon are? I mean, jeez. It's annoying that every third or fourth person either asks about what the hell they are or just disconnects immediately.

Moving back on topic...

I'm really torn on Rest/Shed Skin. Whenever you shed on the turn that you Rest, I always think that it's just retardedly broken, but that's not always the case. It's really kinda luck/haxish sometimes.

Syclant works well in tandem with Reven, as with the exception of Skarmory, Syclant is amazing at taking down those few Pokemon that really can impede a Bulk Up sweep, IE. Flyers and Psychics.

Skarmory is really understated as a Revenankh counter, I think. Unless I faced a particularly offensive variation, Skar was able to easily 2HKO with Brave Bird, Bulk Ups be damned. I suppose Nasty Plot variations would be effective at taking down Skar, but after the initial shock of seeing a non-Bulk Upper wears off, it seems as if NP Revenankh goes does kinda quickish. If he had a special version of Shadow Sneak, I think things would be different, but he doesn't.

If the CAP Server collected data on usage, or if Revenankh were released on the Official Server, I would expect Blissey usage to absolutely plummet. I have a hard time thinking of a Pokemon that can singlehandedly ruin Blissey with as much ease and effectiveness as Revenankh, and as someone who doesn't like seeing Blissey every single match, this very much pleases me.

Hm...and Celebi is really annoying for Revenankh if it has Psychic, but if Celebi actually carries Psychic, it's Tyranitar/Weavile Pursuit bait, so that's kind of a mixed bag.

Oh, and as a last note? Bulk Up Revenankh vs Bulk Up Revenankh has to be one of the most annoying stallfests this side of Advance Wobbuffet vs Wobuffett.

Oh, and as a last note? Bulk Up Revenankh vs Bulk Up Revenankh has to be one of the most annoying stallfests this side of Advance Wobbuffet vs Wobuffett.
I second this, but I suppose if you wanted to make this more interesting you could get your buddies together and drink every time revenankh successfully shedrests, though I bet two to four people would die of alchohol poisoning by the end of that match.

Well, if you really want to screw over enemy revenankh, you can always swap something out for imprison, and get an extra bulk up on the switch.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Revenankh's movepool needs fixing, as it doesn't conform how a standard movepool should be.

H. Ice Punch
1. Wrap
1. Bide
3. Sand Tomb
7. Rock Tomb
10. Imprison
14. Arm Thrust
18. Mean Look
21. Glare
24. AncientPower
28. Shadow Punch
32. Revenge
36. Power Whip
45. Hammer Arm
52. Grudge
52. Curse
60. Moonlight

This contains 17 different moves, but the maximum number of moves in the level-up list is 16. One of the above moves at least should be removed.

I believe we could easily get rid of one of the Tomb attacks. Having both seemed a little redundant to me in the first place, and learning a move at lvl 3 is pushing things a bit.

Just ditch one of Grudge/Curse at 52. Learning two moves at the same level happens, but is not that common. I'd also ditch 2-3 others, probably one of the very early ones and Glare.

Dragonite and Mewtwo have 17 level up moves, so 16 isn't the max.

On the flipside Revenankh isn't meant to be a legendary or 600 BST Pokemon, so I suppose getting rid of a few flavor moves wouldn't hurt. Rock Tomb would be my first suggestion, then one of Grudge/Curse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)