revisions take the lead - a CAP RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Introduction~
Hello Smogon, and welcome to my second ever CAP RMT. A few days ago, I was searching the CAP forum, when I noticed the revisions process that was going on. Taking interest, I decided to make a team using the revisions of the CAP Pokémon. This is a fast-paced offensive team, and has done pretty well in an increasingly fast-paced offensive metagame. And now, without further ado...

Stratagem @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Paleo Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
Lead Stratagem was a powerful one, and especially amazing in the realm of Kitsunoh. However, this takes that same lead, but with a little trick in there. With its new move, Trick, Stratagem is capable of being an amazing TrickScarf lead. With its great base Speed stat, coupled with its insane Special Attack, many other leads are defeated or crippled by TrickScarf Stratagem. If I come across a lead carrying a Focus Sash, or one that probably will not attack, I trick the Scarf onto it in order to cripple it, and set up rocks and rape as it switches out. If the lead I come across will probably OHKO me, I try to set up rocks, or I KO it in return. Earth Power + Paleo Wave is pretty good coverage for 2 moves, hitting 8 of the 17 types for Super Effective, and getting neutral coverage against all but three types. The EVs are pretty generic, Timid 4/252/252. Nothing to see here, guys. Move along.

Syclant (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mountaineer
EVs: 192 Atk/252 Spd/64 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Ice Beam
- Aerial Ace
- Megahorn
- Superpower
Syclant. The first. The one and only. The is-raped-every-day-by-Scizor. Well, wait no longer! Mixant is back in full force. With the additions of Aqua Tail, Megahorn, and Superpower to Syclant's movepool, and the un-nerfing of its stats make up for its horrible death by Scizor. Megahorn is a great first STAB, hitting Psychics and Darks for super effective, and with 120 Base Power, not much can stand up to it, even when it's neutral. Ice Beam as a secondary STAB allows me to KO Salamence, Dragonite, Gyarados, and more, after the Attack drop from Intimidate, say. Superpower hits Fighting-type foes hard, and does great damage to most, if not all, foes on the switchin. Aerial Ace is mostly a filler, but it still works great. Heracross and Breloom, along with other Fighting-types, don't stand a chance against the power of Life Orb Aerial Ace from Syclant.

Pyroak (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Wood Hammer
The new Pyroak! This monster got a huge Attack boost in the revision process, and makes a great user of a Dragon Dance set. With the addition of Dragon Dance to its movepool, Pyroak stops being a tank, and becomes a bulky sweeper. After a single Dragon Dance, and because of Rock Head, Pyroak can use the immensely powerful, perfectly accurate Flare Blitz STAB, and its equally powerful, perfectly accurate Wood Hammer STAB. Heatran, one of the only Pokemon that resists both STABs, is hit hard by Earthquake. Salamence and Dragonite still resist all three moves, but both are hit reasonably hard by Flare Blitz - Salamence is 2HKOd with Rocks and unboosted Flare Blitz, while Dragonite is 2HKOd with Rocks and +1 Flare Blitz.

Revenankh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Shadow Sneak
- Rest
Revenakh is amazingly broken. Really the only thing that can stop this set 100% of the time is Bulk Up Arghonaut, and that's rarely used. Other Arghonaut sets can do something as well, but that's about it. After even a single Bulk Up, it can take physical hits well, and it can easily get up a second Bulk Up, after which it is untouchable by Physical hits. Combine that with 120 base Special Defense, with a positive nature and 216 EVs, and Revenakh is nearly unhittable. Hammer Arm and Shadow Sneak are powerful enough on their own coming off 110 base Attack, and they get neutral coverage to boot, but then combined with STAB and any Bulk Up boosts Rev might have, they're absolutely amazing. Rest is great in the last slot, as it allows Revenakh to use Bulk Up until it's at +4 or +5, then use Rest to heal before sweeping.

Cyclohm (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Slack Off
- Thunderbolt
Cyclohm is the first of two revenge killers. Although it's absolutely murdered by Colossoil, if I can catch it on the switch with a Hydro Pump, or even Draco Meteor, it'll take quite some damage. Cyclohm's 112 base Special Attack gives it the most powerful Draco Meteor in the game, and it has a great secondary STAB in Thunderbolt, which hits Water-types, Flying-types, and gets neutral coverage against Steel, the only resistance to Draco Meteor. Hydro Pump, apart from hitting Colossoil, Fire-types, and other annoyances, gets the best single-move neutral coverage in the game. Slack Off in the last slot allows me to heal off the Life Orb recoil, so I can stay alive longer. This is good.

Colossoil (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
Scarf Colossoil is undoubtedly one of the best revenge killers in the game. With 133 base HP, and 122 base Attack, coupled with 95 Speed, Colossoil is a total beast. Its 72/72 Defense and Special Defense are a bit of a letdown, but that's better Defense than Vaporeon, so it can take hits very well. STAB Earthquake is great, as it gets great coverage, and is the most-used move in the game for a reason. All the annoying Levitating Ghost/Psychics are hit hard by Crunch, which also gets STAB from Colossoil. Annoying Flyers are hit Super Effective by Stone Edge, although Skarmory only takes neutral damage. U-Turn in the last slot hits Celebi, Breloom, and others, and also allows me to scout, and keep the momentum in my favor.

~Conclusion~
This team has brought me some good results, and I hope to make it better, and possibly make the leaderboard! Thank you for taking the time to rate this RMT!

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.

Revenankh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Shadow Sneak
- Rest
Revenakh is amazingly broken. Really the only thing that can stop this set 100% of the time is Bulk Up Arghonaut, and that's rarely used. Other Arghonaut sets can do something as well, but that's about it. After even a single Bulk Up, it can take physical hits well, and it can easily get up a second Bulk Up, after which it is untouchable by Physical hits. Combine that with 120 base Special Defense, with a positive nature and 216 EVs, and Revenakh is nearly unhittable. Hammer Arm and Shadow Sneak are powerful enough on their own coming off 110 base Attack, and they get neutral coverage to boot, but then combined with STAB and any Bulk Up boosts Rev might have, they're absolutely amazing. Rest is great in the last slot, as it allows Revenakh to use Bulk Up until it's at +4 or +5, then use Rest to heal before sweeping.
If you are using physical attacks, I would change Revenankhs nature to Careful (+SDef - SAtk)

Just a minor thing :P

If there's no particular reason for running Aerial Ace on Syclant, why don't you use one of its gajillion other (better) moves? I'm thinking Swords Dance in particular would go very well on your Syclant.

I'm also seeing a pretty gigantic DD Salamence weakness, especially jolly ones who will outrun Colo. It can set up against Pyroak, or Colo or Strata locked into the wrong move, or by forcing Cyclohm out. At +1, it can basically just parade through your entire team with Outrage, as you have no steels. Adding Ice Shard to Syclant would at least help you check DDMence.

Honestly, if you want to keep the mono-CAP theme, i think you need a kitsunoh. I can't tell you which pokemon to get rid of however, as you didn't explain how your pokemon work together. i'd probably say lose Cyclohm, as base eighty speed is nowhere near fast enough to be a decent revenge killer.

@ skymin_flower: Thank you. I didn't notice that. Oddly, even with Calm, it worked very well.

@ Umbreon Dan: I agree on replacing Cyclohm, mostly. It's honestly been pretty underwhelming.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
RMT Rules said:
16. Play with your team before putting it up for rate. We as a community cannot emphasize this enough. No one wants to rate the team that you freshly created while eating breakfast or the gimmick you randomly put together. We as a community want teams that have been battle tested so that the obvious flaws have been hammered out.

This is particularly because just by playing with a team, you yourself can figure out what is wrong with your team. You don't need other people to help you quite yet - and to be blunt, you're just being lazy or have the wrong idea of what the RMT forum is if you're posting teams you spent fifteen minutes creating.
You posted this on the day of the revisions. I think its a bit too soon for teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)