SS OU Rewrite the Stars | Jirachi + ProTox Gastrodon (Yes this is SS OU)

Rewrite the Stars
By: Fang
(Please use light mode to see the beauty, and use the festive or dark mode to see embarrassment)

:jirachi::aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:jirachi:aaaaaaaaa:jirachi: aaaaaaaaaaaaa:jirachi:
:jirachi:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:jirachi:
:jirachi:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:jirachi:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:jirachi:

=======================================================
Introduction:
Welcome, this is my 2nd RMT the first one being a complete disaster because Double Dance Reuniclus kinda... Sucks. But oh well, mistakes have been made. Today I'm gonna be showcasing the power of the stars A.K.A Jirachi. After seeing Sacred Sky's most recent videos showcasing a Jirachi team he made, I was inspired to make a Jirachi team. Today I will share my favorite Jirachi team(and yes there are multiple, this one is the best one) to yall.

Without further ado, Let's begin

Teambuilding Process

PokePaste: Here
(I suggest you still read the whole thing)

:jirachi: :dragapult: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball:
The core
As I said, I watch some videos made by Sacred Sky then I was inspired to make my own Jirachi team. I started off thinking that I want to make a team out of the AV (Assault Vest) set, with doom desire. I also saw PokeaimMD's Morpeko team with AV Jirachi and expanding force, so I decided to use that set. Dragapult is a good offensive core with Jirachi, since it can cover Jirachi's weaknesses like fire types. Jirachi also helps against fairy types that Dragapult struggle against.

:jirachi: :dragapult: :gastrodon-east: :poke ball: :poke ball: :poke ball:
The Bait
When I was looking through things that Jirachi's Doom Desire can kill, I saw that Kyurem is OHKOed by it. So, I decided to use one of my favorite special walls, Gastrodon as bait for Freeze-Dry. Its only weakness besides Freeze-dry are grass-type wallbreakers like Rillaboom and Kartana but I feel like Jirachi and Dragapult can deal them as long as they didn't click knock-off. Speaking of knock-off, Gastrodon is pretty much immune to it with its ability Sticky Hold. I can consider running Storm Drain to deal with rain and offensive water types, but I think the team handles it fairly well, as I decided which ability to chose after the team was finished. It also benefits Gastrodon with +1 scald damage.

:jirachi: :dragapult: :gastrodon-east: :dragonite: :poke ball: :poke ball:
The Cleaner
I decided to put Dragonite here. Dragonite provides a switch-in to Heatran, a Pokemon that this team struggles against. Dragonite is an excellent Pokemon, gaining access to Dragon Dance and clean weakened Pokemons with ease. It also appreciate Jirachi's Doom Desire support, as it can bait Weavile and other Ice types. As a funny bonus, it deals with Lvl 1 Arons and Togedemarus with dual wingbeat. But seriously, it works well with the team so far.

:jirachi: :dragapult: :gastrodon-east: :dragonite: :tapu lele: :poke ball:
The Terrain Supporter and Another Breaker
Here, we have Tapu Lele. Tapu Lele is an excellent wallbreaker, being able to hit hard and prevents sucker punch from Bisharp which helps the team A LOT. It also provides expanding force bonus for Jirachi, which allows Jirachi to OHKO Dragapult and with AV it lives a Shadow Ball from it. Being able to access Thunder, it gives a better matchup against rain teams and allows my Gastrodon to run sticky hold. Its a very powerful Pokemon, but I can't run specs because it would overlap with Dragapult. Let me know if I should run specs or not.

:jirachi: :dragapult: :gastrodon-east: :dragonite: :tapu lele: :corviknight:
The Defogger and Wall
The last Pokemon of the team is Corviknight. An excellent defogger with excellent typing, this pokemon take hits, support the team, and potentially deal damage with Body Press against weakened Pokemons or does super-effective hits. Corviknight provides as a punisher for Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, as running Rocky Helmet will give recoil to them. Protective Pads Urshifu is a thing, but it can't hit Corviknight that hard because it loses band. Corviknight also adds another wall here, specifically a physical wall. All and all a great defogger that will gladly help the team.

In-depth Team Explanation

:ss/jirachi:
Stargaze (Jirachi) @ :Assault Vest:
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Doom Desire
- Expanding Force
- Aura Sphere

Galarian-Slowking might outclass it but hear me out. Jirachi gains access to U-turn, a very important move that helps keep momentum. The Jirachi spread doesn't invest in much speed and so it can tank hits, and switch to a teammate. Also, the team is very ice weak and appreciates the support of Doom Desire. Doom Desire is a handy tool, basically Future sight but steel type. With the right teammates that can lure certain pokemons, this can be abused pretty well, forcing the opponent to go Kyurem to deal with the said mon but dies to Doom Desire.

Expanding Force is a rather interesting pick. Draco Meteor was here before (and yes, Rachi learns that), but I realised I wanted to use Joey's set from his Morpeko Video. So I use Expanding Force, with AV it lives Dragapult's Shadow Ball and OHKO it with expanding force (only on terrain, which comes from Tapu lele) Aura sphere deals with dark types like Bisharp, which is good in psychic terrain because sucker punch can't be activated and 24 Speed is here because Jirachi can outspeed Adamant Bisharp.

:ss/Dragapult:

Naboris (Dragapult) @ :Choice Specs:
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Dragapult is a fearsome wallbreaker that works well with Jirachi. Jirachi handles fairy types switchin to a possible Draco meteor, forcing Fairy types like Clefable into Doom Desire damage. Dragapult appreciates Jirachi as a switchin to potential moonblast. Dragapult provides speed control to the team, doubling its job as a wallbreaker. This is the standard set, although I'm not changing Flamethrower this time because it can help against steel types that is annoying to the team. What more can I say about this amazing wallbreaker.

:ss/gastrodon-east:
Smores (Gastrodon-East) @ :Leftovers:
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Protect
- Recover
- Toxic

Gastrodon provides a Knock-off immunity and a more reliable special wall. The team needs something to defensively check Heatran, which Gastrodon does perfectly. I dropped Earthquake for Protect because I wanted this to be a ProTox set, and It can protect itself from Kyurem's Freeze-dry before Doom Desire finishes Kyurem off. Im still unsure if protect is neccesary, but it has been a blessing to my team. As I said at the teambuilding process, Gastrodon is a Kyurem bait. I use Lefties instead of Boots because Gastrodon usually stays in longer than usual, and it provides free recovery when using protect. If I want, I can make it the ultimate rain stopper with Storm Drain, being able to perform +1 SpA Scald in Rain. But a Knock-Off immunity is more important to this team.

:ss/dragonite:

Kuku (Dragonite) @ :Heavy-Duty Boots:
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake
- Roost

Dragonite provides another Heatran switchin and a setup sweeper. At this point, I didn't have a physical attacker so I chose Dragonite and here's why. Dragonite works really well as an offensive counter to Heatran. Dragonite also deals with Sp.Def walls that would otherwise stop its teammates. Though this is my only physical attacker, hence why I chose Roost instead of Extreme speed. This is the standard Offensive DD set, being able to hit hard and take damage with Multiscale. A team with double dragons are powerful.

:Ss/tapu lele:

Lola (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Tapu lele helps the team against weaknesses like Rain, Defensive water types, Fighting types and more. Thunder over Thunderbolt because I'd rather have power than accuracy with more chances to Paralyzed. And as I said, Thunder gives a better Matchup against rain teams especially with the huge no-miss boost. Moonblast and Psychic are stab moves, although I might change Psychic into Psyshock to punish opposing Blissey. Focus blast is extra coverage against dark types, to better the matchup. Im kinda iffy on choice scarf, because I think choice specs is a better item for it, but that would be Double Specs on the team.

:ss/corviknight:
Revali (Corviknight) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Corviknight is the last member of the team. Corviknight is here because I need a defog support and a physical wall. Corviknight works here because of its great typing and something for Urshifu-Rapid and offensive grass that would otherwise destroy the team. Body press over Brave Bird because it adds another tool to deal with dark types like Bisharp. This is the normal set, an is an amazing one indeed. Gastrodon and the Dragons allow Corviknight to be on an comfortable spot on the team, despite being an overlap with Jirachi. I'd consider 0 speed to give free momentum, but thats the only reason. I chose Corviknight over other defoggers because of its amazing typing and a comfortable spot.

Now, that's the team. The pokepaste is above the teambuilding process.
But if you missed it here is the importable
Stargaze (Jirachi) @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Doom Desire
- Expanding Force
- Aura Sphere

Naboris (Dragapult) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Smores (Gastrodon-East) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Recover
- Toxic

Kuku (Dragonite) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dual Wingbeat
- Earthquake
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Threat List

1. Rain :pelipper: :barraskewda:: Rain is scary because of how much it hits hard. This team is at the faster side, which leaves swift swimmer a chance to dent the team while being super fast. Lele can hande this, but its not a stab move, and swift swimmers still outspeeds.

2. Dragapult :dragapult:: Dragapult isn't necessaraly unstoppable, but you have to be careful.

I'm still fairly new, so forgive me that I can't think of another threats. Roadblocks I've encounter when playing are just missplays by me, so forgive me, again.

That concludes my 2nd RMT, thank you sooo much for reading this because this took too long, and I appreciate if you just read it, more so if you rate it. Anyways, I'm tired so have a great day!

Last edited:

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ayyyyy i recognise you from the TA room, nice to see ya.
Pretty interesting idea tbh, Jirachi is an underexplored mon at the moment but its just Dragapult food so understandable on why people dont use it.

So about some of the weaknesses (im gonna try to change as less as possible).

So about dragapult, you should be fine with Gastrodon since it can check just fine most the time, barring the occasion where it gets SpDef dropped. To be safer you can easily afford a Ghost resist over Dragonite, Probably Hydreigon since it and pult pair well, also your Gastrodon set could be better.
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 132 HP / 128 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Clear Smog

Next about rain, youre not weak to rain and also rain is pretty bad rn so dw about it.

About Tapu Lele, theres no reason to run Thunder on it since youre not doing significant damage to any of the targets and also if you still want to keep it, go with Psyshock>Psychic, no need to be walled by Blissey, also you can easily go with Modest on Scarf since you hit a pretty good speedtier with Scarf. Next with Corvi you should be running 248HP cuz youre not running Lefties and taking less from Stealth Rocks can be very useful in a game.

Ok about Jirachi, i seriously doubt its viability but since you originally built the team around it im gonna let it be, and thats all i have to say, have fun with the team.
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Doom Desire
- Expanding Force
- Aura Sphere

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost

Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

ayyyyy i recognise you from the TA room, nice to see ya.
Pretty interesting idea tbh, Jirachi is an underexplored mon at the moment but its just Dragapult food so understandable on why people dont use it.

So about some of the weaknesses (im gonna try to change as less as possible).

So about dragapult, you should be fine with Gastrodon since it can check just fine most the time, barring the occasion where it gets SpDef dropped. To be safer you can easily afford a Ghost resist over Dragonite, Probably Hydreigon since it and pult pair well, also your Gastrodon set could be better.
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Clear Smog

Next about rain, youre not weak to rain and also rain is pretty bad rn so dw about it.

About Tapu Lele, theres no reason to run Thunder on it since youre not doing significant damage to any of the targets and also if you still want to keep it, go with Psyshock>Psychic, no need to be walled by Blissey, also you can easily go with Modest on Scarf since you hit a pretty good speedtier with Scarf. Next with Corvi you should be running 248HP cuz youre not running Lefties and taking less from Stealth Rocks can be very useful in a game.

Ok about Jirachi, i seriously doubt its viability but since you originally built the team around it im gonna let it be, and thats all i have to say, have fun with the team.
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Doom Desire
- Expanding Force
- Aura Sphere

Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost

Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
Hey abhi! Didn't expect to see you here.
So I've tried your version of the team, it is great and helps against dragapult. I do have one problem though. Replacing Dragonite with Hydreigon makes the team can't break through Blissey and other special walls. Lele does deal with them (kind of) with psyshock, but I still think its kinda hard, how do i deal with them?

Abhi

Professional Zoomer
is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey abhi! Didn't expect to see you here.
So I've tried your version of the team, it is great and helps against dragapult. I do have one problem though. Replacing Dragonite with Hydreigon makes the team can't break through Blissey and other special walls. Lele does deal with them (kind of) with psyshock, but I still think its kinda hard, how do i deal with them?
Oh sorry about that definitely an oversight on my part.
The simplest solution here would be to replace jirachi with something else, but im just gonna try to find a solution that allows you to keep jirachi.

The first thing that comes to mind is going with mixed Superpower Hydreigon, but lets keep thinking
Now why i suggested Hydreigon was because it acts as a switch in to shadow ball and such, so you can try to replace it with say Choice Band bisharp?
That does pair well with Dragapult since it can abuse its ability to pivot out of stuff like Clef, and Bliss and does provide the Ghost resist, which more or less secures your match up against dragapult alongside mr. sea slug. other solutions could be that you go with a mixed scarf trick jirachi set, now idk about the Jirachi suggestion because well again, Jirachi is pretty meh in the current meta, and in that case you can go with Choice Specs Lele.

yea thats all that comes to mind at the moment, if theres anything else that you notice while testing lemme know.
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Iron Head
- Expanding Force
- Trick
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Roost

Bisharp (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
I like low kick here over assurance or beat up cuz the other two dont rlly fit here.

Have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)