RillazoneLucha Core.Help Needed Improving.

King Kong (Rillaboom) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Here is your classic :Rillaboom:.Wood Hammer + Stab + Grassy Terrain Boost = Powerful. Grassy Glide is for really good priority.Knock Off is for things that have annoying items and U-turn is for pivoting.

Auto-Zone (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Substitute

I figured since most ground type moves are halve power in Grassy Terrain and :Magnezone: is somewhat bulky with Iron Defense.I thought it would be good to put 2 and 2 together. Magnet Pull locks in all steel types which in todays Meta their are plenty to lock in such as :Ferrothorn:,;Bisharp:,;Skarmory:,:Corviknight:ect. Discharge and Body Press deal with all of these.Iron Defense lets Body Press Deal Massive damage and Substitute lets you get behind a wall to set up Body Press.

Toxa-Wrecks (Toxapex) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Haze
- Pain Split

As if u hadn't guessed by my username I like :Toxapex:.For this set i went for Special Bulk so if i get Volt Switched on by Zapdos or Hit By a Moonblast from Specs or Scarf :Tapu Lele:.Scald Lets me still be a Phisical wall if a physical attacker gets burned by it.:Toxapex: also works well on Grassy Terrain because of double passive healing from the terrain and Black Sludge as well as ground being halved.Knock off lets me get the annoying items off of some mons.Haze lets me not get set up on by things like CM :Tapu Fini: or a Non-Psychic Volcarona.Pain Split allows me to be Low Hp but not in a terrible spot if i can average with a High Hp mon.

Dragapult (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
I thought :Dragapult: would be good here.I was thinking about putting :Hydreigon: But it was really slow and I needed a ghost so if someone Uses an Urshifu against me. After a little chip damage from another mon Draco Meteor OhKO's.Shadow Ball Hits Everything hard.Flamethrower deals with other steels like that Magnezone Can't deal with.

El Luchador (Hawlucha) @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 32 HP / 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
Hawlucha is the classic set up sweeper.Grassy Seed allows you to instantly activate Unburden if on Grassy Terrain.CC is for power as well as item-less Acrobatics.For me it seems hard to switch Hawlucha in to set up.If someone would like to give me advice on a that would be a good slow pivot for the team I would appreciate it.

Land-Lord (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Defog
- U-turn

:Landorus-Therian: is my defoger.I think this set is somewhat good but i would also like a way to get stealth rocks up.EQ and Stone Edge hit many mons hard and U-turn is for Pivotting.

Threats:
Psychic-Volcarona
Tapu Lele if Life Orb or item Off. but still hard to deal with.
Kyurem.

Thanks for making it this far.Please give me mon changing suggestons as an answer for pivoting into Hawlucha and getting rocks up while Keeping the main gimmick.Im fine if Dragapult and Landorus go as long as you can put something else in their spots that works.I would like to hear your feedback very soon.

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
Well you said the team was weak to Volcarona and Kyurem and you wanted Stealth Rock in Landorus-T's slot. As you have Hawlucha and Dragapult for speed control, I would replace Landorus-T with Tyranitar, which also checks opposing Dragapult, which looks nasty if Hawlucha has already used Unburden:

:ss/tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- High Horsepower
- Toxic

This way you can check the aforementioned threats, set rocks, and you at least have a deterrent to Lele using its strongest move. High Horsepower is there to beat Heatran, which you don't have a good switchin to at the moment.

Lando isn't a good defogger, as it doesn't match up well against opposing Stealth Rock setters. Try replacing Toxapex with something else like Corviknight or Zapdos that can use Defog instead.

Minor changes:
  • Hawlucha's EVs should be 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Speed Adamant. More power and you only need to outspeed Jolly Excadrill in sand.
  • Dragapult should be Timid over Modest, to ease your matchup against Tapu Koko, which outspeeds if Modest.
  • If you stick with Toxapex, use Recover over Pain Split for the consistent recovery.

Thanks Tailglow.Ill take that in to consideration and i will try and fix the team.also i have a question about how Dragapult beats Koko.how do i even kill koko when its got Dazzling Gleam.

TailGlowVM

Now 100% more demonic
I never said Pult beats Koko, but if it is weakened then Dragapult can revenge kill it for you with a Timid Nature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)