Tournament RLT (Playoffs! Won by Kushalos!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
i promise you this is not a meme

Welcome to the SM RU Ladder Tournament

This tournament will consist of two stages
  1. The first is the actual laddering portion of the tournament, which be two weeks long. The TOP 8 participants with the highest rating at the end of each week will be entered into the playoffs. If a player "won" for multiple weeks, the next highest rated person will be admitted into the playoffs.
  2. At the end of the laddering stage (stage one), the playoffs will start with the sixteen top ladder players of the two weeks. Pairings will be based on elo. More information on format and rules are listed below.
Before you start laddering, you MUST create a fresh alt and post the name with the tag:

RLT(Cycle #) Username
Example: RLT1 Envy

You can use up to three alts throughout the cycle. They must all be in your initial sign up post.
  • This will allow me to track who is actually entered into the tournament, and more importantly, that everyone starts on fresh alts.
  • In regards to discussion in this thread, I will allow discussion of what you guys see on the ladder. This can be anything from ladder trends to who's making a large push on the ladder. To clarify, I will allow posts on ladder players. This is meant to be a competition of sorts, so compete and talk about it.
  • You can sign up at any point during any cycle

Your rank on the ladder "resets" at the end of each cycle. You must ladder with a new alt each cycle and post it on this thread before you start laddering.

Once the playoffs start, these are the specific rules:
Specific Rules
  • This is a standard SM RU tournament.
  • The tournament will be single elimination.
  • Players will play a best of three series each round.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
  • Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's RU Banlist. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.
About Activity Decisions
In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity.

Regular tour rules also apply

Last edited:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
go wild. cycle one ends at this time monday next week. remember you can use up to three alts and top 8 will proceed to playoffs

my alts: RLT1 ENVY RLT1 EREN RLT1 yvonne

Last edited:

cyanize

Mantra Good I Casted So Many Spells U Idiot
is a Community Contributor
might as well try

rlt1 cyan! rlt1 confessions

edit: fuck confessions it has a bad color, rlt1 pendant and rlt1 lost it instead

Last edited:
Reactions: Z+V

Jett

gm gobodachis
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
in, RLT1 doesntplayru

edit: seems like i need a two more so, RLT1 cantplayru and RLT1 cannotplayru

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)