Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Building:
I like pokemon that can perform full 6-man team sweeps. Beast boost is one of the best ways to accomplish this.
Beast Boost - once you get started, it's very hard to stop. I tried various beast booster combinations, before settling on a revenge-killer Kartana, and a wall-breaking Xurkitree.

Kartana - Fairly standard set. One of your dudes dies, send him out, get a kill or two (Or at least a knock-off on the forced switch)

Xurkitree - Z-Hypnosis shuts down a wall for a turn or two, while boosting speed. This gives you a turn to tail glow, then you're off to the races! Can even break special tanks, since a lack of due to hypnosis is killer. 60% of the time it results in massive damage, if not a full team sweep.

Alrighty! With my revenge killer and special sweeper/wall breaker done, I next settled on what tanks I wanted.

Chancy - with a decent SpD investment, Chancy laughs at all special attacks - including Tapu Lele's all-out pummling. The only time special attacks have been able to break chancy is some combination of psyshock, psychic hitting the - SpD, knock off, and lots of chip damage - the only recovery being softboiled hurts. Stealth Rock on Chancy, because it doesn't fit anywhere else.

Gliscor - Hilariously good when he works. There's a bit of an electrical weakness on the team, so having the ability for free swaps is nice. Walls just about all physical attackers. Has the ability, when combining toxic with sub - protect, to completely wipe out an entire team. Can't do anything against pokemon immune to ground attacks and toxic. I've found myself going for PP stalls more than once, but I don't think it's an issue.

Tank weakness - They're very vulnerable to physical ice-type moves, namely Ice Punch. Chancy can't take the physical hit, and the 4x on Gliscor is nasty. Gliscor can survive it from less-invested mons.

Lastly, I struggled a lot with the last two slots. Sometimes it was Blaceon + Araquanid (The sticky web really helps the beast boost sweeps), and many other attempts. Eventually I went to the SM Core thread, and just plugged in various cores until I found one that worked. Hence Tapu Koko + Hawlucha. Tapu Koko works well as a pivot, along with checking some of the problematic flying mons that Gliscor can't handle (namely skarmory, celestilia, and other gliscors), along with bringing extra ice and fairy type moves to the team. He pivots neatly into Hawlucha, who can also do full team wipes (although not quite as well as the beast boosters)

Major weaknesses I've noticed:

1) A complete and utter lack of priority moves - enough dragon dances on a pokemon (usually with a substitute involved so I can't toxic them), and they go through my entire team

2) Physical Ice moves (And to a lesser but still relevant extent, physical water moves)

3) Have a few issues dealing with Subs - mostly I hope they screw up, and I can recover off of that, but subs + dragon dance on one of the tanks usually spells a really bad time.

4) Related to 1, slight problems stopping a set-up opposing mon. For example, I got 6-0'd by a Cloyster who went T1 Shell Smash, T2-8 Icicle Spear (Had a focus sash)

So how does it look? And what do you think could be improved?

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hypnosis
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 208 Atk / 8 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Coil
Hey there SelkieLove , those are some interesting Pokemon you have there. With a few tweaks, this could be usable. The main problem is that this team looks like it doesn't have an idea in mind as to how it functions. You have Kartana, Xurkitree, Hawlucha and Tapu Koko, which would imply a Hyper Offence team, as none of these things can really come in on many attacks. You've put this together with Chansey and Gliscor, though, which sap momentum a lot - which Hyper Offence teams do not appreciate.

So, I would make the following changes to the team:
Change the Tapu Koko set to the Light Clay set, and fix the team around screens HO (set up Light Screen and Reflect in order to provide some sort of safety for you offensive pokemon to set up and sweep).

I would then replace Chansey with a suicide lead Landorus. This is good because it immediately applies pressure with hard hitting Earthquake and Explosion, and also is very good at getting up Stealth Rocks.

Next, I would remove Gliscor for a set up Zygarde. With the support from screens, this thing is a nuisance to take down and gives you another wincon.

I hope you like the changes (the importable is at the start of this post). If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)