RMT (A UU RMT)

Ok so here are my pokes:

All IVs are 31/31/31/31/31/31 unless other wise stated.

The Lead: Moltres @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 0/0/40/252/0/216
Modest
Pressure
- Overheat
- Air Slash
- U-Turn
- Will- o - wisp

A real beast. Not only does he own my starts in UU but in OU aswell! Overheat takes down anything from Metagross to Gengar to Ninjask in OU! Or it can help wipe the floor with UU starters such as Ambipom, Froslass or Absol! Its defenses will let it survive a stabbed sucker punch from Absol or Cacturne or a Tbolt/Thunderpunch from almost anyone.

The Physical Attacker: Cacturne @ Leftovers

EVs: 204/252/0/0/0/52
Adamant
Sand Veil
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Focus Punch? Substitute? Leech Seed? Sucker Punch? Cacturne will destroy teams with his unpredicatbility. He has enough defense to survive un-stabbed or non-super effective hits atleast once allowing him to set up a substitute and ruin their team. If he gets of a leech seed and sub forget it, games basically over if they don't have an amazing ghost.

The Special Sweeper: Manetric @ Life Orb

EVs: 4/0/0/252/0/252
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/31
Timid
Static
- Charge Beam
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Grass

I am using Charge Beam and Life Orb over Sub and the berry to hopefully gain more power and keep more Hp.His flamethrower destroys ice pokes for this teir such as froslass and glaceon. HP grass murders Quag, Regirock and any ground poke in UU.

The Beastly Super Wall: Shuckle @ Leftovers

EVs: 252/0/208/0/48/0
Impish
Gluttony
- Rest
- Encore
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

The supporting wall Shuckle. He has the highest defenses in the game and can sit there forever if he wanted to. Encore screws people wanting to set up SR or use Toxic or increase stats. I used to use acupressure version but it almost never helped.

The Physical Attacker #2: Gallade @ Choice Band

EVs: 64/252/0/0/0/192
Adamant
Steadfast
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash

Ok so I have always loved Gallade. Its a beast, saved my ass late games against physical walls and Ghosts galore. Took down a Weezing in 2 Hits and Spiritomb in 3. Its rips through Steelix, Aggron and tons of other walls. Physical or special.

The Back Up Wall: Shaymin @ Leftovers

EVs: 252/0/252/0/0/6
Bold
Natural Cure
- Seed Flare
- Rest
- Grasswhistle
- Aromatherapy

Seed Flare rips through ground and rock pokes and has helped aton since I started using Shaymin. Grasswhistle is lovely when it hits, which it has a few times for me. Rest + Natural cure helps at times too.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bit more description needed, I think.

Cacturne isn't really going to be surviving much, even with that massive HP investment. Gallade could use Shadow Sneak over Night Slash to get the jump on priority users, and Ice Punch isn't really hitting anything that either of its STABs couldn't (minus Altaria). A generic Swords Dance in that slot may help. Shuckle's defences aren't actually that good; his awful HP makes his defences obsolete. The most beastly wall currently in UU is Registeel, who you may want to try.
Lastly, just about every big threat here can maul your team if yu allow them to (notably, Staraptor and Raikou). All I can say is,

So I haven't tested this guy yet
Don't post teams if you haven't tested them!

Bit more description needed, I think.

Cacturne isn't really going to be surviving much, even with that massive HP investment. Gallade could use Shadow Sneak over Night Slash to get the jump on priority users, and Ice Punch isn't really hitting anything that either of its STABs couldn't (minus Altaria). A generic Swords Dance in that slot may help. Shuckle's defences aren't actually that good; his awful HP makes his defences obsolete. The most beastly wall currently in UU is Registeel, who you may want to try.
Lastly, just about every big threat here can maul your team if yu allow them to (notably, Staraptor and Raikou). All I can say is,

Don't post teams if you haven't tested them!
I had a Registeel, it didn't help at all. Shuckle has helped aton with Encore so I don't plan on removing. Staraptor can own me? One sucker punch with Cacturne its dead, one t-bolt with manteric, one overheat with moltres, or an ice punch with Gallade no it doesn't own me. Raikou is a threat but I havent seen one recently, and its just one poke. I have tested the team but just not that one guy at that point. Cacturne doesn't need to survive much its an attacker it deals enough damage to kill and has enough HP to survie a few hits, which was proven when I fought an OU team earlier, dont remember the move but it wa stabbed. I wil try out shadow sneak with Gallade. Ice punch helps more than you think, ground pokes for example, so I wont be removing it, and why would I use Swords Dance with a choice band Gallade?

EDIT: Will try moving hp to speed as it does seem more useful.

As u said u wont remove ice punch, i wont tell u this....well, perhaps leech seed over grasswhistle? I used it myself some time ago and it rly suxxx! Ya decision...^^

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I had a Registeel, it didn't help at all. Shuckle has helped aton with Encore so I don't plan on removing. Staraptor can own me? One sucker punch with Cacturne its dead, one t-bolt with manteric, one overheat with moltres, or an ice punch with Gallade no it doesn't own me. Raikou is a threat but I havent seen one recently, and its just one poke. I have tested the team but just not that one guy at that point. Cacturne doesn't need to survive much its an attacker it deals enough damage to kill and has enough HP to survie a few hits, which was proven when I fought an OU team earlier, dont remember the move but it wa stabbed. I wil try out shadow sneak with Gallade. Ice punch helps more than you think, ground pokes for example, so I wont be removing it, and why would I use Swords Dance with a choice band Gallade?

EDIT: Will try moving hp to speed as it does seem more useful.
Staraptors nowadays have a habit of running Substitute + Roost, and therefore can bypass your Sucker Punches, as well as weakening them with Intimidate if it switches in, Brave Bird kills Gallade, severely mauls Shaymin and can actually OHKO your Moltres even without SR, and a Standard Adamant LO Brave Bird also 2HKOs Shuckle if your opponent has Stealth Rock down, which is likely considering your lack of a spinner or taunter. It is also going to come in for free most times, seeing your lack of a Stealth Rocker. The only way I can see you stopping it is you revenge-killing with Manectric (who can't come in, except on Jolly Brave Birds) and even then it can use a Scarf to outrun you.
Still, it's being tested at the moment... so you may see it banned, so this was a waste of time :(

Of the ground-types in UU, the Nidos are still hit by Psycho Cut; Steelix, Piloswine and Rhydon are still hit by CC; Claydol is still hit by Shadow Sneak/Night Slash, and Gastrodon and Camerupt are hit neutral by Ice anyway. Of the rest:

STAB Close Combat: 120 x 1.5 = 180 base power
Super-effective Ice Punch: 75 x 2 = 150 base power

So the only things Ice Punch does more damage to in UU are Torterra and Altaria. And, begging your pardon, but I didn't see the part where it said your Gallade was Choice Banded. Generally the item is next to the name, underneath the icon.

As u said u wont remove ice punch, i wont tell u this....well, perhaps leech seed over grasswhistle? I used it myself some time ago and it rly suxxx! Ya decision...^^
I might considering grasswhistle sucks..

@Bug:

The item is right next to the name...

Also, one guy killing my shuckle is worth changing it? I don't think so, your basing all of your reasons of a staraptor..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)